Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Erling Haaland

Comments

• Options
    Haaland was born in Leeds.
    Shame he didn't decide to play for England. 

Id pity the Manager having to choose between Kane and Haaland
    Could he actually play for England? Being born here isn’t enough to qualify for U.K. citizenship and he was very young when he moved back to Norway so I think he might not actually qualify (although I’m sure some rules could be bent for a talent such as his!).  
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Knew that second goal was in a soon as he went through. Deceptively quick and a scorers instinct. Come on TS, get your wallet out for next season. 
  • Options
    I don't even think he is deceptively quick, he is rapid. Don't reckon there are many players in the prem (if any) who would beat him over a short distance sprint.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Could he actually play for England? Being born here isn’t enough to qualify for U.K. citizenship and he was very young when he moved back to Norway so I think he might not actually qualify (although I’m sure some rules could be bent for a talent such as his!).  
    Yes he could have played for England. 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    I don't even think he is deceptively quick, he is rapid. Don't reckon there are many players in the prem (if any) who would beat him over a short distance sprint.
    Which was a great feature of Derek Hales play of course.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    se9addick said:

Yes he could have played for England. 
    Haaland and Reyna could both have played for England. I’m glad they choose to play for their own countries though, although I might not say that in a few years when Kane retires! 
  • Options
    Arguably the most spoken about striker in the world scores a penalty and a one on one and already people are talking about Premiership goals records being broken. Steady on...
    He's injury prone which means records being broken is unlikely and as stated before he will be at city for a few years. Not NINE! I agree ...he'll be at Madrid or Nou Camp by the next world cup. Kane will break the records.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Still fancy Salah to win top goal scorer this season.
  • Options
    Arguably the most spoken about striker in the world scores a penalty and a one on one and already people are talking about Premiership goals records being broken. Steady on...
    He's injury prone which means records being broken is unlikely and as stated before he will be at city for a few years. Not NINE! I agree ...he'll be at Madrid or Nou Camp by the next world cup. Kane will break the records.
    He's also been bought to win them the champions league, so once the knockouts start i can see him being rested for a few league games.

That said even if he only plays 30 league games, he could still quite easily get 30 goals.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Injury prone or just a bit unlucky last season? Managed 40+ games in both 19/20 and 20/21, 35 the season before that (plus Internationals). He was out for 2 months with one injury last season and still managed to play 30 odd games. Not sure where you're getting injury prone from?
  • Options
    Can’t see what the hype is about - just a poor man’s Jayden Stockley.
    Just a shit Simon Makienok
  • Options
    These viking warriors are so yesterday.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Just a shit Simon Makienok
    Brilliant!
  • Options
    Brilliant! 
  • Options
    I remember people saying Cristiano Ronaldo calling himself Ronaldo was like someone with the middle name "Pele" calling himself "Pele". 

How wrong they and most of us were. 

I am just looking forward to the Keane/Haaland pitchside interview after City thump United 5-0 and ~ just for a laugh ~ Gary Neville brings up the contretemps with his old man. 

Ouch! 
  • Options
    After watching the game yesterday, I dread to think how many goals he could score this season.  Think 31 is the premier league record & I think he could beat that if he plays enough games
  • Options
    After watching the game yesterday, I dread to think how many goals he could score this season.  Think 31 is the premier league record & I think he could beat that if he plays enough games
    34 (Cole and Shearer) but they were both in 42 game seasons, or 32 (Salah) in a 38 game season.
  • Options
    Barring injury I think he will smash that record.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I do feel for defenders playing against him this year... geezer makes shearer look like a dwarf 🤣
  • Options
    He's a genetic freak isn't he? Bigger than most defenders and faster than most wingers
  • Options
    Haaland wins the Gareth Bale Award for ugliest top scorer in Europe.
  • Options
    Haaland looks like a waxwork in that picture.
  • Options
    How many goals will this beast score this year. Already has 2 today against ManYoo. What’s that, 16 for season? 
  • Options
    I did say early on if he stays fit he will get 50 in the league, that looks a low estimate at the moment with the way they play.
  • Options
    Why are Citeh wearing a West Ham away kit from the 90s though?
  • Options
    Whenever I see him all I can think is Drago in Rocky 4…