Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v QPR Match Thread - League Cup 1st Round | Tuesday 9th August 2022 + POST MATCH (p18)

Comments

• Options
    Bloody nora... Didnt expect that

Hated watching the first three penalties as just knew Stockley | Kirk | Morgan would be crucified if they had missed - Aaron Henry's was the pick though, was shitting myself seeing he was doing such a short run up.
  • Options
    "Wishing the QPR fans a safe journey back across London..." 

😂

yes, safe journey fellas and hard luck.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    There's no universe where O'Connell was the fifth best choice to take a pen. Visibly absolutely shitting himself
    Agree - he looked so nervous...why not Leaburn...!?  But, having said that. he did well!
  • Options
    Never win penalty shootouts...😁
  • Options
    There's no universe where O'Connell was the fifth best choice to take a pen. Visibly absolutely shitting himself
    I was expecting Gilbey to take one of them

Clare scored a penalty in pre-season, so I imagine he would have taken one if still on
  • Options
    Loved that. Should a forward have taken pk5? Who cares.
  • Options
    Is that the first time in a cup match we've scored all 5 penalties? Surely it's unheard of!
    errr 98????? i guess not a cup match?
    That wasn't a cup match.
    despite winning a cup? lol but yeah i edited straight after on reflection
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good to see a crowd of at least 20,000 too.. 
  • Options
    siblers said:
    Yes! O'Connell got a bit lucky then, he looked sheepish afterwards  :D
    Seemed like he thought he 

at least he stepped up will do him the world of good 
  • Options
    Bloody stream stopped working at 85 mins
  • Options
    Get your guitar out Tommy, we're going to Wembley!
  • Options
    "Wishing the QPR fans a safe journey back across London..." 

😂

yes, safe journey fellas and hard luck.
    "And thanks for caring..."
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Loved that. Should a forward have taken pk5? Who cares.
    Leaburn was the only option in that case, can forgive him because of his age

Aaron Henry is around the same, but he's not bad at set pieces.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ESPN viewers now getting Addicks to Victory at full blast!
    Cue the producer shouting "cut the transmission quickly"
    Cut my music..... 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Is that the first time in a cup match we've scored all 5 penalties? Surely it's unheard of!
    What about when we definitely didn't beat Chelsea? 
    Funnily enough we are actually pretty decent at pens historically was my point in the first place lol...

I mean, Bailey's pen is going in one day in about 20 thousand years when the earth orbits back ;p lol
  • Options
    Bloody nora... Didnt expect that

Hated watching the first three penalties as just knew Stockley | Kirk | Morgan would be crucified if they had missed - Aaron Henry's was the pick though, was shitting myself seeing he was doing such a short run up.
    Part of the reason I wussed out! Now I’m
    gutted I missed them.

Really enjoying this team under Garner so far. But I had the same feeling under JJ as caretaker as well - let’s just hope we can keep improving.

Great thing is it looks like we are going to get some exciting talent in through the door in the next couple of weeks as well!
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Ha gutted gobby goalie!
    I know it’s valid gamesmanship and all that, but I hate it when goalies give it all Billy Big Balls at penalty shootouts. 
    Nothing better than seeing them fail to save a single one. Mouthy little gimp.
  • Options
    That wasn't a cup match.
    despite winning a cup? lol but yeah i edited straight after on reflection
    Oh no no no you can't get out of it that easy by editing, matey you said 98, bloody sacrilege. I'm afraid your going down;)😹
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    What about when we definitely didn't beat Chelsea? 
    Funnily enough we are actually pretty decent at pens historically was my point in the first place lol
    You obviously weren't at Bournemouth lol
  • Options
    Great result, hopefully a Premier league team at home next round