Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Supporters Trust meeting with Sandgaard

2»

Comments

• Options
    Off_it said:
    Wow. So no discussion about matchday ticket prices then, or the ridiculous surcharge imposed within the last 24 hours or so before kick off.

Still, hopefully the biscuits were nice.
    He did strum through a medley of 60s favourites I hear…
  • Options
    The minutes sounded like every meeting I've ever attended when a new CEO or whoever has joined the company.

Cut costs & increase revenue. Ususlly lasts a couple of years & then the new guy is ousted & someone else comes in and tries it their way. If it were that simple then everyone would be doing it.

The only way you are really going to cut costs (looking at the account posted earlier) is to get rid of the experienced players that you are paying £5k pw and play the youngsters earning £2k pw. 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    The minutes sounded like every meeting I've ever attended when a new CEO or whoever has joined the company.

Cut costs & increase revenue. Ususlly lasts a couple of years & then the new guy is ousted & someone else comes in and tries it their way. If it were that simple then everyone would be doing it.

The only way you are really going to cut costs (looking at the account posted earlier) is to get rid of the experienced players that you are paying £5k pw and play the youngsters earning £2k pw. 
    But then you get relegated and your debts increase due to your fixed costs. Getting to the Premier League and selling the club is the best way to make money and you can make a lot of it but everybody wants to do it and it isn't easy.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    "TS continued on the financials. To summarise: £10M turnover, £18M expenses, so loss £8M per year"

Any chance someone could break this approx figure down as to where they think this money is being spent? 

That's half of it.
    Which is what I don't understand

Where are the 18m of costs if salary costs only come to 9.3m? That suggests another 8-9m of expenditure which is really hard to work out, much of which won't be cash items anyway
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    "TS continued on the financials. To summarise: £10M turnover, £18M expenses, so loss £8M per year"

Any chance someone could break this approx figure down as to where they think this money is being spent? 

That's half of it.

Where are the 18m of costs if salary costs only come to 9.3m? That suggests another 8-9m of expenditure which is really hard to work out, much of which won't be cash items anyway
    Being lazy and not looking at the report myself, leasing costs for the assets? Don't know what they come in at.
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

That's half of it.

Being lazy and not looking at the report myself, leasing costs for the assets? Don't know what they come in at.
    £500K per season I believe
  • Options
    If Bournemouth can get in the Prem with 11,000 ground capacity, surely we can..
  • Options
    They got there with a lot of dodgy Russian money 
  • Options
    A suggestion.

Buy a decent f******g centre forward and they will come!
  • Options
    They have owners who have spent hundreds of millions pf pounds and broke EFL fair funding rules but got promoted so cannot be punished.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    msomerton said:
    They have owners who have spent hundreds of millions pf pounds and broke EFL fair funding rules but got promoted so cannot be punished.
    Whilst knowing that even if they get relegated this season, the EFL will do fuck all about it.
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

That's half of it.

It's slightly strange (for the reader of the accounts) that the figure of 16m for admin expenses isn't broken down in a separate note.