Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is Football an all weather game?

2»

Comments

• Options
    I see there'll be extra drinks breaks in professional football today and quite rightly so. I think in the short term that'll probably be sufficient to manage the situation, though I expect that behind the scenes the big boys will be using climate change as an argument to increase even more the number of subs, thus extending the advantage they have in that respect. I think the more pressing issue is likely to be at park level football where pitches are rock hard and the risk serious injuries from falling-over increases. Long term, I can foresee a situation where season start dates get put back. But as ever with questions of the weather, it's hard to plan too far ahead because there's so much variation.
  • Options
    Series A kickoffs are always 18:30 or later for the first few weeks of the season, for this reason.

La Liga looks to be doing the same for August fixtures.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    Series A kickoffs are always 18:30 or later for the first few weeks of the season, for this reason.

La Liga looks to be doing the same for August fixtures.
    But then people will moan about wasting electricity on floodlighting .....