Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Sheffield Wednesday vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 13th August 2022

Comments

• Options

90+1' Chance! Sow tees up Windass on the edge of the box but the strike goes over the bar!
  • Options
    Kap10 said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Well there's my answer. Not enough goals in this team despite what people say.
    Yeah, but we've made plenty of chances. It's just they haven't been taken.

Aneke back Tuesday?
    Yes...a Tuesday in late October. 
    And will be out again by the Wednesday! 
  • Options
    Another thing I’ll say. I think we’ve been beaten by the heat as much as by the opponent. Don’t think there’ll be too many more games played in 35 degrees.
    WE had a days extra rest. Any more excuses?
    It’s not an excuse it’s a fact. Are you watching the game or? It’s obvious to anyone with two working eyes that we’ve been tired from about 70 minutes onwards.
  • Options
    Fuck me we have completely fallen apart late on. Could be 3
  • Options
    Another thing I’ll say. I think we’ve been beaten by the heat as much as by the opponent. Don’t think there’ll be too many more games played in 35 degrees.
    Both teams played in the same heat
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Bloke on Sky said it's been a "dire game".
    Really?!

I didn't think it's been too bad. The current scoreline isn't great but apart from that it's been far from dire.
  • Options
    Bit of a cliche here, but it is the same for both teams. Moore just got his subs right. We had 2 or 3 blowing out of their arses with 20 mins left, didn’t react and got punished. 
  • Options
    Kap10 said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Well there's my answer. Not enough goals in this team despite what people say.
    Yeah, but we've made plenty of chances. It's just they haven't been taken.

Aneke back Tuesday?
    In 2023.
  • Options
    cs1986 said:
    They’re more used to it as they’re at home..
    🤣🤣🤣🤣

It's cold up north though pal...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Be interested to know where their pre season camp was
  • Options
    cs1986 said:
    cs1986 said:
    🤣🤣🤣🤣

Climate change..
  • Options
    Death Valley
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Barcelona

• Options
    Croydon said:
    We should have gone to Spain.
  • Options
    cs1986 said:
    cs1986 said:
    🤣🤣🤣🤣

Climate change..
    Cheated not defeated
  • Options
    It’s not an excuse it’s a fact. Are you watching the game or? It’s obvious to anyone with two working eyes that we’ve been tired from about 70 minutes onwards. 
    Wednesday had the better options on the bench, we brought DJ, Miles and Payne on, hardly prolific.
  • Options
    1. 90'+3'

Post update

Eoghan O'Connell (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 90'+3'

Post update

Foul by Lee Gregory (Sheffield Wednesday).

• Options
    cs1986 said:
    Bit of a cliche here, but it is the same for both teams. Moore just got his subs right. We had 2 or 3 blowing out of their arses with 20 mins left, didn’t react and got punished. 
    They have a stronger bench. Used it and one of the subs scores 🤷‍♂️ 11 v 11 we outplayed them for most of the game.

At the end of the day it’s looking like zero points so it is what it is. I’m not trying to suggest we should get a sympathy point.

I don’t understand the problem with trying to look at things in context.
  • Options
    Agreed. Fraser should have been brought off far earlier for Payne. But also, Moore has more quality on his bench. Some of that is Garner seemingly not trusting Gilbey and JFC, plus Chuks never being fit. But being able to bring on Sow, Byers, and Gregory really helps you get your subs right. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We "won" the first 60 but didn't score. They've dominated the last 30.
  • Options
    1. 90'+4'

Post update

Miles Leaburn (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick on the right wing.

2. 90'+4'

Post update

Foul by Reece James (Sheffield Wednesday).

• Options
    We should have a fully fit midfielder on the bench than Mcgrandles at this stage.
  • Options
    McGrandles is dog sh*t
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    Wednesday had the better options on the bench, we brought DJ, Miles and Payne on, hardly prolific.
    The geezer they brought on who scored only scored 3 goals last year. I'd say Payne is quality and was the best of the subs brought on by either team.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Stubley makes a good point on comms.

Sheff Wed the highest scorers at home in 2022 across the 92. We made them look toothless for 80 minutes.
    But it was us who had most of the play, made most of the chances and yet looked toothless.

• Options
    Stubley makes a good point on comms.

Sheff Wed the highest scorers at home in 2022 across the 92. We made them look toothless for 80 minutes.
    Good point but we might be slipping into the toothless category ourselves.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!