Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle | Tuesday 16th August 2022

Comments

• Options
    As Dellboy would say 
    We've had worse days 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    mendonca said:
    Morgan playing like a general
     Needs to do this week in. Week out if we've any chance.

There in lies the problem
    He’s been good in every game so far this season and sensational tonight. What more do you expect him to do?
    He was excellent first half against Accy, including setting up the goal and whipping in a brilliant cross. But he disappeared second half against, though he wasn't the only one. Anonymous first half against Derby, again not the only one, but was much better second half. Tonight, he's been excellent before and after they went down to 10. 

His highs this season have been higher than anything we've ever seen from him. His movement and passing have been excellent when he's on. But I do still think consistency and positional awareness are something we need to see more of from him. But if he's 80% as good as he's been tonight, then he'll be massive for us this season.
  • Options
    Ooh, Morgan crosses to Stockley, flicked on to Kirk, his cross towards Leaburn just flicked away by a defender for our corner.
  • Options
    Attendance 12392
  • Options

88' Tonight's attendance is 12,392, including 1,160 of the Green Army, who have kept on going, all night. Thank you, all of you. 5-1

• Options
    Keeper punches the corner away for our throw. Plymouth come down the other end but end up blazing into the Jimmy Seed.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Leaburn has some deceptive pace.
    Yeah, I thought he was fast, but I swear I’ve not seen him move that quickly. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    5-1 up with a few minutes left to play.

Yes, we've been playing against 10 men for a long time but consider this:

Plymouth's keeper has made a few good saves tonight.

A bit more composure in front of goal, slightly better placement of shots/headers and we could have been close to double figures.
  • Options
    Mansfield 5 Wombles 2
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Tracey Leaburn waiting in the tunnel
    To do the jump?
  • Options
    Ennis Vs Innis is a frustrating battle.
  • Options
    Clayden goes down the left but ends up being offside.
  • Options
    1. 89'

Post update

Conor McGrandles (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 89'

Post update

Foul by Luke Jephcott (Plymouth Argyle).

• Options
    4 minutes added time.
  • Options

90' Four minutes are added on. #cafc 5 #pafc 1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    4 minutes added time.
    Is that so we can score another?
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Morgan playing like a general
    A captain surely ;)
  • Options
    Brutal from the referee to add four mins
  • Options
    1. 90'

Post update

Offside, Charlton Athletic. Charlie Kirk tries a through ball, but Charles Clayden is caught offside.

• Options
    Payne to Stockley, who goes down on the edge of the area and comes up with the ball, but it eventually goes out for our throw :)
  • Options
    Gutted there's only four minutes of time added on, would love to see Albie and Payne get goals. Can we just play the rest of the night? 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    That's 3 or 4, maybe more times, we have teeded it up for someone to.... Leaburn Leaburn!!!!!!! 
    What I was going to say before I was interrupted is we have teeded the ball up 3 or 4 times,  deliberately,  for someone to shoot from range.   We haven't done that,  regularly,  for years. 
  • Options
    Morgan has a shot from outside the D after good work by Payne but it cannons into a crowd of defenders and Plymouth have possession.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!