Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle | Tuesday 16th August 2022

edited August 2022 in General Charlton
At the Valley tonight. Argyle the visitors.

Charlton: Wollacott; Clare, Lavelle, O’Connell, Clayden ; Morgan, Dobson, Fraser; Rak-Sakyi, Stockley (c), Kirk
Substitutes: MacGillivray, Sessegnon, Inniss, McGrandles, Payne, Blackett-Taylor, Leaburn

Comments

• Rak-sakyi starts.

Clayden and Lavelle also.

• Garner said that a player had a kick to the calf on Saturday, maybe that was one of Sessegnon or CBT?
  • edited August 2022
    Looking forward to this one, and Gary Nelson keeping Scott and Curbs company in the studio, no Brownie away on Holiday to Ireland...
    Max points tonight, nice for JRS starting should be interesting
  • Did Terry often interview the manager? 
  •  Bugger.  Was looking forward to seeing CBT and Sessegnon. 
  • Fraser needs to perform tonight, not been overly impressed so far.

Agreed. Surprised Payne hasn't been given the nod today so let's hope Fraser plays well enough to justify his place 
  • edited August 2022
  • Sponsored links:

• Looking forward to this one, and Gary Nelson keeping Scott and Curbs company in the studio, no Brownie away on Holiday, off to Ireland with his misses...
    Max points tonight, nice for JRS starting should be interesting
    Off to Ireland? I assume he needs to kiss the Blarney stone, as he's normally a bit quiet  ;)
  • Surprised he hasn't made a change to the central midfield. Morgan and Fraser both looked like they struggled for fitness towards the end of the last match.
  • edited August 2022
    Plymouth (3-4-3): Cooper; Gillesphey, Wilson, Scarr; Houghton, Edwards (c), Mumba, Randall; Hardie, Azaz, Whittaker

Subs: Burton, Butcher, Mayor, Ennis, Lonwijk, Galloway, Jephcott
  • I'm interested to see us down the left as I've voiced concern at Clayden and Kirk playing together. 
  • Curbs comparing Clayden to Luke Shaw on CharltonTV.
  • I'm interested to see us down the left as I've voiced concern at Clayden and Kirk playing together. 
    A left footed hug the touchline full back should benefit Kirk, creating more space when he cuts inside 
    What concerns you? - Sorry dont think I've seen your comments on those two before.

As a separate comment I notice we talk a lot about Gilbey | JFC | Kirk being the three we could offload before the Transfer Window closes, but DJ has only started the one League game out of four now...
  • Why does curbs always refer to CBT as Corey Blackett?  Doesn’t he do double barrelled names?
  • Always a step up coming from Palace to Charlton, Scott talking about JRS, many a true wiord spoken in jest eh... B)
  • You know when I said Kirk had one more game before I wrote him off for good? This is that game 
  • Sponsored links:

So who's our Harry Maguire, Fred and Rashford?  :D
    So who's our Harry Maguire, Fred and Rashford?  :D
    We have plenty of Rashfords 
    What concerns you? - Sorry dont think I've seen your comments on those two before.

As a separate comment I notice we talk a lot about Gilbey | JFC | Kirk being the three we could offload before the Transfer Window closes, but DJ has only started the one League game out of four now...
    It's just become the hive mind wisdom that we want to jog those two on and get our money back on Kirk.

In the cold light of day and being more pregmatic our final business,  and the JFC/McGrandles business,  because we expect/were close to selling Dobson? 
  • Just to say I've taken up my position behind the sofa.
    Hopefully not the Luke Shaw I watched on Saturday 
    What? Overweight and useless?
  • Just to say I've taken up my position behind the sofa.
    Sofa so good... B)
  • Someone needed to turn the volume up on that TS video….
  • Not sure about that line up. Would have liked to see Payne start and I think we'll miss Sessegnon
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!