Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

House of Commoners

Hello Stig

Just wondering if this facility will make a comeback.  I sympathise with your situation if you were caused grief monitoring the discussions but I have to say I enjoyed the back and forth on various topics.  I’m only an infrequent visitor to the thread and have only just realised it’s demise.

Comments

• Options
    it unfortunatley attracts the extremists on both sides. The only way it can really come back is if it has a dedicated moderator, but the entire reason it was pushed to that part of the site was so they could largely ignore it - which inevitably leads us to where we are now.
  • Options
    Bollocks
    :smiley:
  • Options
    Rob said:
    Glad it’s gone. Rarely went on there because of the vitriol and divisiveness. Brought out the worst in people. 

• Options
    I’ve missed it too. I enjoy talking with like minded level headed folks and don’t particularly want to become active on Twitter to discuss such things!
  • Options
    I rarely contributed to that part of the forum, but would frequent it occasionally. I’m kinda sad it’s closed as it would have been spicy after the FBI raid on Trump 😭. 
  • Options
    I miss it as well. I have found it to be very informative. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would have gone on it a lot more if it was easily visible like virtually all other threads, instead it was hidden away under a subsection like it was something dirty. 

Oh it WAS dirty - frequently!

• Options
    Off_it said:
    I would have gone on it a lot more if it was easily visible like virtually all other threads, instead it was hidden away under a subsection like it was something dirty. 

Oh it WAS dirty - frequently!

That's why I liked it 
  • Options
    Oh, and now it all becomes clear........
  • Options
    And sad lonely lol merchants.
  • Options
    I stopped reading it a long time ago.
    I just got fed up with the same minority saying the same things on a daily basis and I've only ever known one person on CL to switch political allegiances.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think a time out can often do people some good. I’ve tried to take a bit of a step back from all things politics during the summer recess. I’ve felt a lot better mentally for it.

It would be good to see the HoC return once the recess is over, but will understand if it can’t.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    it unfortunatley attracts the extremists on both sides. The only way it can really come back is if it has a dedicated moderator, but the entire reason it was pushed to that part of the site was so they could largely ignore it - which inevitably leads us to where we are now.
    We're discussing in the background if and how it might be possible to bring the HoC back, and @Stig is leading on that.
    The trouble is getting Stig to agree :D

That's an uncanny resemblance @ForeverAddickted, I feel like I've been spied on now 😉.

The real trouble is getting a workable plan that everyone will agree to. It makes COP26 look like a walk in the park.
  • Options
    Probably the best solution is if it is brought back is to have a zero tolerance, not to heated discussions but personal insults and people being called racists etc... Then the people who fall foul should be banned for life and it will pretty soon all work fine. 
  • Options
    Probably the best solution is if it is brought back is to have a zero tolerance, not to heated discussions but personal insults and people being called racists etc... Then the people who fall foul should be banned for life and it will pretty soon all work fine. 
    a space where you're not allowed to call out racism, what could go wrong?
  • Options
    It was what I imagine the dark web is like. Some of the comments on there were outrageous. If it comes back certain posters who just go on their to provoke need to be banned.
    considering one person was literally lifting conspiracy theories off there, you're not far wrong.
  • Options
    Bring it back, sounds like it’s entertaining 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!