Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

STATBANK: Charlton 5-1 Plymouth

many thanks to the 127 Lifers who gave marks, that was most enjoyable if somewhat protracted.
The successful passing percentage is moving even higher with only one player lower than 80%
Apologies for the old pic of Albie but couldn't find a one in the new kit.

Comments

• Has Albie ever been given Man of the Match before now? - Surprised Rak-Sakyi only came third
  • Glad to see the pass % is improving; it was poor at times last season.

Passing accuracy was something I really noticed amongst the Lionesses during the Euros.  Generally it was excellent and I felt at the time it was something our men could do with emulating!  Whether or not the Euros had any influence at all on our men, I have no idea, but I hope they keep up this improvement from wherever it has come.
  • 6.96 Payne? Extremely generous! 
  • Payne's minutes to assists ratio is quite impressive.
  • Very high marks .. nice to see Charlie Kirk getting some praise, at last 
  • Did Kirk not hit the post?
  • kodfish said:
    Did Kirk not hit the post?
    Not according to the PA commentary 
  • Just a small point - you've spelt Rak-Sakyi wrong in the goals tally, you have it as Sajyi. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Lancs, scroll down the Match news feed on the Evening Harold (local name for the evening paper). I says:

Tonight's attendance

"The crowd at The Valley is 12,392, including 1,160 very miserable Argyle supporters".

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/charlton-vs-plymouth-argyle-live-7465075

• Anyone else think we collectively underscored on Tuesday? 

Team score of 7.62, that to me was a minimum 8 out of 10 performance. Last season we had:

Plymouth home 8.16
    Sunderland away 7.75
    Doncaster home 7.60

Marks softened by opponents down to 10, or number of subs? Or was it not quite the level of performance I thought it was?

Any thoughts?
  • If I take out the Payne and McG mars the average increases to 7.73 - but I won't :)

Team score of 7.62, that to me was a minimum 8 out of 10 performance. Last season we had:

Plymouth home 8.16
    Sunderland away 7.75
    Doncaster home 7.60

Marks softened by opponents down to 10, or number of subs? Or was it not quite the level of performance I thought it was?

Any thoughts?
    It was one of our best performances in 50 years, if you ignore the fact that it was v Plymouth In L1.

Plymouth home 8.16
    Sunderland away 7.75
    Doncaster home 7.60

Any thoughts?
    Softened by the late subs and the GK, 2 center backs and Dobson not having a great deal to do?  Would have scored higher if its was closer IMO.
  • There were a couple who notably marked everyone down at the 6-7 range, I can only guess because it was Plymouth in L1 and they didn't want to go overboard, but would interested in their explanations. Plus there was the clown who scored Kirk and Fraser a 5, and Payne a 4. 
  • Jonniesta said:
    There were a couple who notably marked everyone down at the 6-7 range, I can only guess because it was Plymouth in L1 and they didn't want to go overboard, but would interested in their explanations. Plus there was the clown who scored Kirk and Fraser a 5, and Payne a 4. 
    This is what I hate, personally I rate players based on that game, not the opposition quality. 

• edited August 2022
    Suppose someone has to be bottom three even on our best days but it feels harsh on Fraser and McGrandles who both impressed me personally. Payne giving the ball away to start their attack that they scored from is understandable, although Dobson's part in it seems to have gone unnoticed with some.
  • edited August 2022
    Fraser was very good first half, I don't know about McGrandles still, didn't stand out either way which is why he got a score of 6 from me. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Jonniesta said:
    There were a couple who notably marked everyone down at the 6-7 range, I can only guess because it was Plymouth in L1 and they didn't want to go overboard, but would interested in their explanations. Plus there was the clown who scored Kirk and Fraser a 5, and Payne a 4. 
    This is what I hate, personally I rate players based on that game, not the opposition quality. 

While it doesn't mean that you automatically take the "the opposition were rubbish, rather than we were good" attitude, it does seem reasonable to take the quality of the opposition into account.

Especially with subs. Leaburn for example came on at 3-0 up against tired opponents down to 10 men, which is a massively easier circumstance than starting up front and having to slog the full 90 against tough opposition.
  • Shame one poster had the hump for maybe reasons off the pitch and gave some 4's and 5' which brought down some players average. There's always one !
  • And curiously, it's always the same one too
  • we all have different criteria for marking, be a bit boring for me if you all marked the same, however a lot easier - yes! all mark the same and make LL's job easier :smile:
  • Good lad, Albie; keep it up. 
  • I wouldn't be surprised if Dobson was on or about the 7.5 level several times last season. I'm absolutely certain he never scored that and had seven other players score above him though.
  • @lancashire lad Sorry to nitpick but you've got Fraser as a sub, rather than subbed.
  • aliwibble said:
    @lancashire lad Sorry to nitpick but you've got Fraser as a sub, rather than subbed.
    thanks Ali, not a nitpick but what I want as I do make mistakes, I have corrected this one just intime before my edit was no longer operational.
  • edited August 2022
    Clare got a few 7's. Tell me what does he need to do to get more please? 
  • Redhenry said:
    Clare got a few 7's. Tell me what does he need to do to get more please? 
    Perhaps some are still not accepting he’s a defender and are looking for errors?