Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bolton away - cheap tickets

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Can anybody tell me what it's like getting into Horwich Parkway station after the game?
    Does it get packed? Do you get held up for ages?
    If I go to this game I need to meet a connecting train at Manchester Piccadilly at 18.27 and I need to be sure it's doable.
    Thanks in advance
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Can anybody tell me what it's like getting into Horwich Parkway station after the game?
    If I go to this game I need to meet a connecting train at Manchester Piccadilly at 18.27 and I need to be sure it's doable.
    Thanks in advance
    It is busier Manchester bound & with a large crowd expected it would be best to make a quick exit to board a train going in that direction.Also there are only two trains scheduled at 17.13 & 17.45 which would make that connection.
    if your train is an Avanti train from Manchester it may be rescheduled in the new timetable which has not been released yet.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Thanks in advance
    It is busier Manchester bound & with a large crowd expected it would be best to make a quick exit to board a train going in that direction.Also there are only two trains scheduled at 17.13 & 17.45 which would make that connection.
    if your train is an Avanti train from Manchester it may be rescheduled in the new timetable which has not been released yet.
    Thanks @cli@clive
    My train is a Crosscountry service to Bournemouth.
    Will have to give it some thought. It's a long way to go and I am a pensioner currently using a walking stick, so I won't be sprinting out of the stadium!
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Given the prices this might be a good game for a subsidised coach travel.
    Dont worry about  subsided coach travel.
    It's free away train travel we want 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Don't want to be a miserable bugger, but the last match I was on a train at Bolton we were desperately trying to keep the doors shut from a hundred neanderthals trying to get on to "kill us", while the old bill with dogs just stood there and did nothing. (FA Cup 2000).
  • Options
    clive said:
    Few stupid questions
    Normally travel with mate who purchases tickets on my rare away trips, however will need to buy for myself this time. Do you have to buy online now or can I still phone up.
     Still have the red membership card from years ago or is that null and void?
    Any idea when these are likely to go on sale?
    Thanks
    You can buy either online or over the phone, you may have to reregister as red card membership no longer exists.
    Hopefully the tickets will go on sale very shortly, there are two Royal Mail strikes on 26th/31st August plus Bank holiday on the 29th.
    Many thanks as ever  Clive. You do a great service to away travellers, me occasionally  included.
  • Options
    Anyone wanting to go by train .I bought a train ticket (£56) but now can't go am happy to sell at a loss if anyone wants /needs it.
    I would accept £35
  • Options

Allocation: 1,589 | Sold: 263

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:

clearly the cost of living increases allied to the uncertainty around train services will impact on a lot of club's support,  home and away and of course on their incomes and sustainability 
  • Options
    clive said:

clearly the cost of living increases allied to the uncertainty around train services will impact on a lot of club's support,  home and away and of course on their incomes and sustainability 
    The train fare even with a railcard was nearly £50
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    clive said:

The train fare even with a railcard was nearly £50
    Bear with this .. everything enjoyable (except for the obvious 'unmentionables' lol) is being priced out of reach for a lot of us .. in my case, living a fair way from most grounds and a dislike of driving long distances at night means I used to regularly have a weekend away based around football .. since the pandemic the price of even cheapish hotels, T/Lodge, Premier and the like has more than doubled. Even booked in advance, a one night stay will cost (on average) around £65/70. As you say, along with train fares/car costs, food, and of course a stagnant income etc means that for me it means no more than a very few away trips this season.
  • Options
    Two tickets bought 👍
  • Options
    Got mine. Thanks Clive!
  • Options
    Latest rail travel information, Avanti West coast

Timetable released Saturday 27th August, Tickets on sale Wednesday pm 30th August.

Also note, seat reservations booked before 8th August will be invalid & cannot be transferred even if the train is the same time in the new timetable.
    https://www.avantiwestcoast.co.uk/travel-information/plan-your-journey/timetables#table
  • Options
    clive said:
    Latest rail travel information, Avanti West coast

Timetable released Saturday 27th August, Tickets on sale Wednesday pm 30th August.

Also note, seat reservations booked before 8th August will be invalid & cannot be transferred even if the train is the same time in the new timetable.
    https://www.avantiwestcoast.co.uk/travel-information/plan-your-journey/timetables#table
    Taking the p!ss
  • Options
    Avanti West Coast have now released timetable & tickets are now on sale, it is going to be very expensive.

• Options
    clive said:
    Avanti West Coast have now released timetable & tickets are now on sale, it is going to be very expensive.

Should think it will be the same price for Fleetwood 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    We booked 10:15 out and 19:02 back Euston to Preston a while ago, looks like those times are still available so we’ve had a touch getting in whilst it was cheap.  

My first away since Morecambe last season!!  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No good at this but cheapest I can see for adult + child on Trainline with an F&F railcard is £83.30
  • Options
    Who do these rail companies answer to?
    I've been looking at Avanti west coast twitter feed over the last week.
    Some of the tweets from people are unbelievable.
    One woman said when she originally booked her train was due to get in at 22.30.
    Train has now change to 23.30
    She said she was worried about missing her connection to get her home as if theres a delay she'd be stranded.
    Would it be possible to get an earlier train to ensure she d get home.
    The reply was her ticket didnt allow it.

• Options
    No good at this but cheapest I can see for adult + child on Trainline with an F&F railcard is £83.30
    You could try split ticket sites, there's quite a few if you google them.
    This one is cheaper at £74.20 but return train is surely too late at 19.27. https://railrover.trainsplit.com/timetable_fares.aspx
  • Options
    timken said:
    Anyone wanting to go by train .I bought a train ticket (£56) but now can't go am happy to sell at a loss if anyone wants /needs it.
    I would accept £35
    Is this still available? If so what are the train
    times?
  • Options
    Just ordered 3, circa 500 sold so far 
  • Options

• Options
    4 1/2 hours not for the faint hearted and get back to london after 11pm
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Given the prices this might be a good game for a subsidised coach travel.
    I would have thought the opposite, if you were going to subsidise travel for a game do so when the ticket prices are high to reduce the total spend 
    TS needs to start laying on busses from London Bridge to The Valley then. 
  • Options
    GeorgeE said:
    timken said:
    I would accept £35
    Is this still available? If so what are the train
    times?
    @timken