Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If you didn’t renew your Season Ticket…

Given the hoo ha over matchday ticket prices, are you now regretting it?

I get (outside of the general economic reasons) why a number chose not to after a poor season, Jackson sacking at time of earlybird period ending etc. 

If the club offered post Cambridge a 20 game ST at a fair pro-rata rate against the summer price, would you take up buying one?

Comments

• Options
    Nope. Far too easy to get freebies and the temptation to stay home and watch a stream often wins the day.
  • Options
    Can still get a match day ticket for £23 in lower North can't you? And walk up to the upper North easily to boot.
    Sounds reasonable enough
  • Options
    No. I am happy picking and choosing games.  Got fed up of buying a season ticket and then being committed to  watching filth.  If I have to buy a ticket for the remaining games this season then so be it.
  • Options
    Too expensive and missed a lot of games last season for various reasons, didn't want to risk it again
  • Options
    Every time I see this post I can’t help thinking of Billy connoly’s song:

If it wisnae fur yer ticket
    Wherewud you be?
    You'd be in the hospital
    Or in firmary
    Cause you wid hive a dose o the flu
    Or even plurasie
    If it wissne fur yer season ticket!

Sorry Bill. 🥸🤗
  • Options
    No, I would miss far too many home games due to other interests and commitments so still as and when for me. Plus I have an IPTV app that shows all games home and away so its easy to get lazy and watch it at home.
  • Options
    I probably would, as would my youngest son.
  • Options
    No, I would miss far too many home games due to other interests and commitments so still as and when for me. Plus I have an IPTV app that shows all games home and away so its easy to get lazy and watch it at home.
    that’s going to be a tough way to watch charlton if garnerball starts turning out more performances like the one we experienced on Tuesday against Plymouth. 
  • Options
    that’s going to be a tough way to watch charlton if garnerball starts turning out more performances like the one we experienced on Tuesday against Plymouth. 
    Not really, I was fishing all day Tuesday and didn't walk in until 18.30. So after a shower and dinner I settled down and watched Scotty, Curbs & Gary Nelson preview the game and then saw every kick from the comfort of my sofa. 

I am Cornwall at the minute so I have brought my Firestick with me and will watching the game tomorrow. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I get (outside of the general economic reasons) why a number chose not to after a poor season, Jackson sacking at time of earlybird period ending etc. 

If the club offered post Cambridge a 20 game ST at a fair pro-rata rate against the summer price, would you take up buying one?

Yes and yes.
  • Options

Love the question as I was wondering the same
  • Options

No mate.
    Travelling from west Wickham to The Valley last season became a chore.
    That's why I decided I'd be doing most of the away games instead this season.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    So you’re stealing from the club?
    Get over yourself ffs
  • Options
    Not really, getting old and disillusioned in football generally, especially after the dire, soul destroying season just gone. Will take a lot to make up for that! 
    Enjoyed Tuesday night though, watched on the stream, but just like England, Charlton build you up, then let you down. Just hope it doesn’t happen this time, as I’m far too long in the tooth, and supported Charlton for far too long to start believing just yet!. And Thomas, if your reading this, you look like you might just be getting it right on the pitch, it’s not there yet, but your decisions off the pitch are leaving a very sour taste. 
    I can only dream that we get it right on and off the pitch once again in my lifetime.
    COYR

• Options
    No regrets, as I’m getting older I’m slowly finding other things to do, plus I’m becoming very disillusioned more & more with pro football, I’ll pick & choose, and anyway, I had an ST last season and probably missed 6-7 home games anyway, so not cost effective regardless 
  • Options
    Win one game 5-1 and everyone is wetting themselves. No regrets whatsoever.  Give me a winning team over a season and I will be back.
    This club has become embarrassing compared to Millwall and Palace and that makes me sad.Too many years of neglect and bad ownership. Hope saandgard steps up,but,I won't hold my breath. 
  • Options
    In our recent meeting with TS, CAST described that the club used to run an ongoing season ticket offer that if you bought an early match ticket you could claim it back if you converted to a ST. Would make sense to run that to end August IMO. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Uboat said:
    se9addick said:
    So you’re stealing from the club?
    At the least he should change his username to Mike. 
    55 years standing on the East terrace and sitting in the East stand, I have done my time 
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    No regrets, as I’m getting older I’m slowly finding other things to do, plus I’m becoming very disillusioned more & more with pro football, I’ll pick & choose, and anyway, I had an ST last season and probably missed 6-7 home games anyway, so not cost effective regardless 
    Same here.
  • Options
    From an economic perspective which is something I didnt really take into account ever before I have to allow for the following 

Cost of travel, driving, even though my motor only costs £20 a year to tax it isn't ULEZ so thats £12.50 per game, parking, seeing as Greenwich Council have decided to stitch all of us up that previously parked fine and without menace in various locations, the pay car park on Victoria Road is now flats and houses, and all the others seem to have vanished too, the parking at the ground is extortionate but understandably so in fairness so that limits me. The trains are up the swanny seemingly every Saturday so I cant rely on them and as I live down in Chatham upon Medway, just jumping on a bus isn't really an option. So pick and choose I shall and will continue to do what I've done since shitarse was the owner and watch moody streams and attend maybe 1 away game a season 

• Options
    Truthfully, yes.

As I mentioned previously I did the deal with Lady Red that I’d take golf membership over a ST, which I don’t regret.

However, having been to both home games so far due to a friend being on holiday and having their ST I’ve loved it, I want to see as many games as possible. If there was an affordable option to get a reduced ST I’d seriously consider facing the wrath at home!
  • Options
    Win one game 5-1 and everyone is wetting themselves. No regrets whatsoever.  Give me a winning team over a season and I will be back.
    This club has become embarrassing compared to Millwall and Palace and that makes me sad.Too many years of neglect and bad ownership. Hope saandgard steps up,but,I won't hold my breath. 
    this
  • Options
    Truthfully, yes.

As I mentioned previously I did the deal with Lady Red that I’d take golf membership over a ST, which I don’t regret.

However, having been to both home games so far due to a friend being on holiday and having their ST I’ve loved it, I want to see as many games as possible. If there was an affordable option to get a reduced ST I’d seriously consider facing the wrath at home!
    Why not just buy a north lower season ticket ? 
  • Options

I'd consider it at the right price I'm all for supporting the club if it's a fair deal. 

I planned to attend a minimum of 5 home matches this season with the first coming in September against FGR flights and accommodation already booked 
  • Options
    Couldn't commit to 20 games, but if the club offered a 10 game ticket at a reasonable price I would do it
  • Options
    It is a bit stupid that the marketing around the season tickets was something along the lines of “league 1 football for just £12.50 a game” but then he wants more than triple that for on-the-day sales, despite only selling the 7000-odd ST’s in the first place. Nobbish