Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If you didn’t renew your Season Ticket…

2»

Comments

• Options
    I didn't renew due to health reasons yet i'm being punished when i do go because of extortionate ticket prices.

It's just wrong
    What he said. 
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    No. I’m caught in no man’s land on this. There’s no way I could get to enough games to make it worthwhile, but I am seriously put off by match day pricing. 
    Spot on, distance and commitments means 5 - 10 games a season normally. This year will probably only go on FFAF or freebies from ST holding mates as the thought of paying current prices for 3rd division football isn’t particularly palatable.
  • Options
    I didn't renew due to health reasons yet i'm being punished when i do go because of extortionate ticket prices.

It's just wrong
    Beds, you're 100% right. But this is partly a reaction to a lot of season ticket holders complaining last year about low match day prices. I agree with you but it shows the club can't win sometimes whatever it does. Hope you're still improving btw 
  • Options
    redman said:

It's just wrong
    Beds, you're 100% right. But this is partly a reaction to a lot of season ticket holders complaining last year about low match day prices. I agree with you but it shows the club can't win sometimes whatever it does. Hope you're still improving btw 
    But this assumes that the club only sets ticket prices according to "noise". A sensibly run business understands customer needs balanced with demand and prices accordingly. The club can win by setting prices that meets the needs of season ticket holders and sporadic buyers. Its called pricing architecture and businesses rely on it. CAFC clearly doesn't have a clue about how to do it. Either observe best practice or employ someone that gets it. Whoever is doing it at the moment doesn't have a clue. 
  • Options
    All the freebies rightly annoyed people. Selling reasonably priced tickets eg £20 North, few quid more elsewhere would be fine by most accounts. And remove booking fees, it's not Ticketmaster. 

I have too many busy Saturdays before Xmas for a pro-rata ST (plus the trains are woeful) but I'd be straight in for a 5 or more game deal like the Trust suggested.
  • Options
    What was the attendance today?
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    se9addick said:
    No, I would miss far too many home games due to other interests and commitments so still as and when for me. Plus I have an IPTV app that shows all games home and away so its easy to get lazy and watch it at home.
    So you’re stealing from the club?
    At the least he should change his username to Mike. 
    55 years standing on the East terrace and sitting in the East stand, I have done my time 
    All that effort and money and some chancer manager has stolen your naming rights.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    What was the attendance today?
    Letthegoodtimesroll “27,111”

Airman “actually 7, 224”
  • Options
    redman said:

It's just wrong
    Don’t remember ST holders complaining about low match day prices - it was the constant stream of freebies which people objected to. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No, can't get to evening games and will miss some Saturdays. One off prices are ridiculously expensive for league one. 
  • Options
    Nope. Far too easy to get freebies and the temptation to stay home and watch a stream often wins the day.
    Easy for you because you work for RBG.
  • Options
    Match day prices are too expensive for L1, apart from the Lower Covered End at £23+£1.50 booking fee.

However, some people choose not to pay and not to attend for various personal reasons.
    If we had a reasonably competitive Premier League team like say Palace, the ground would have 20,000 plus every league game and possibly more, even with higher prices.

I notice Selhurst Park looks reasonably full most games and surely their fans are not more wealthy than ours in such great numbers?

We need promotion because too many of our fan base, won't support the club by physically attending in L1, as they are perfectly entitled.
  • Options
    The club need to think of different initiatives to get fans in the ground and hopefully keep them coming back. My idea would be to have an under 21 or 25 ticket anywhere in the CE for £23 a game and a new S/T with the same sort of pricing per game. Get the youngsters in, improve the atmosphere & hopefully build up the fan base. With all the new homes being built in SE London we need to attract fans & its complete madness that we are more expensive than the spanners who are a league above us