Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Coldplay

I know not everyone’s cup of tea ( not even mine really) but going to see them at Wembley tomorrow. Anyone been to this series of concerts? Heard they out on a really good show and am interested in how the whole LED wristband light show thing works. 

Comments

• Seen them a fair few times, always a good show, and the wristbands, are linked up to a radio system, which is then linked to the lighting show, as you'll see as they flash to the songs, also the Wembley Arch is used in the show too. 
  • Went to see them years ago in Birmingham - Always liked their music
  • edited August 2022
    Ooh flashing wristbands- brilliant. 
  • Saw them Wednesday, and they really put on a good show, arguably the best concert I have been to. Wristbands are a very clever concept and work really well. All very entertaining, you will love it.
  • Went Tuesday.  One of the best live shows on the planet. You might not like their music but they put on a hell of a show. 
  • I'm not a massive fan but they do have some classic bangers that there really is a place for. Me and the missus took her parents to see them at Wembley last weekend for  their birthdays. They really do know how to put on a show. It was pretty amazing. The wristbands all talk to each other so they know your position in the stadium relative to all the other wristbands so the lights all get coordinated by that. 
  • Also went Wednesday pitchside, been said already, even if you are not a huge fan, the show is just brilliant and atmosphere great.  London Grammar are supporting too who I've seen twice and also brilliant.
  • edited August 2022
    Saw them at Wembley in 2016, they really do put on a good show. My wife & daughter are going tomorrow, I’ll be at The Valley.

• enjoy the show
  • Higher power is stuck on my head lately, good song.
  • Sponsored links:

• My daughter went on Tuesday and sent me a video of the wristbands in action, looked amazing. You will love it
  • £86 a ticket 🤣🤣
    I saw a clip with James Cordon on stage doing nothing compares. I'd seriously ask for some sort of a refund.
  • Went to see them in the Stade de France last month, in the middle of the heatwave, and despite that, and the nature of some of their songs being a bit slower the amount of Energy the band, and in particular Chris Martin have, is exceptional 
  • Although I‘m not a big Coldplay fan, I do love this remix:

https://youtu.be/-M62zG51_UA
  • When Coldplay first appeared on my radar in 1999 or 2000 I was all over them and remained so for a few years, saw them at Crystal Palace stadium (not that one) and it was epic but I doubt anything like what they put on now. I went off them a bit but sky full of stars had me back in a big way. Chris Martin is a generational song writer and performer 
  • Carter said:
    When Coldplay first appeared on my radar in 1999 or 2000 I was all over them and remained so for a few years, saw them at Crystal Palace stadium (not that one) and it was epic but I doubt anything like what they put on now. I went off them a bit but sky full of stars had me back in a big way. Chris Martin is a generational song writer and performer 
    Sky Full Of Stars has a place in my heart, it's my first dance song, and as I proposed in Paris it seemed perfect to go see Coldplay in Paris. 
  • My taste in music is as eclectic as it gets, but can't stand Coldplay for some reason.
  • Went to Wembley last week. Such a great love show. Coldplay really have a mix of slow and upbeat tracks. Great set and the light show adds to it.
  • Sponsored links:

• My daughter and her partner are just back from seeing Coldplay at the Pasadena Rose Bowl, in a crowd of 80,000.  It was an amazing concert.

The wide screens followed the group as they made their way to the stage and the tension was huge.  For the concert the dazzling lighting changed for every song and everyone had a wristband with colours which changed too.  Selena Gomez made an appearance which sent the crowd wild.

Near the end of the show Chris Martin told the crowd that they were going to do something for those at the back, furthest from the stage.  The band made their way through a tunnel to a small stage near the back and the band played three songs to the delighted crowd.

Chris Martin asked everyone to turn their phones off as he wanted everyone’s help with the next song.  Half way through he stopped the song and told the crowd if you are singing, sing twice as loud.  If you are jumping, jump twice as high.

Pasadena is about two hours drive from Palm Springs, where our couple stayed for a few days.  Our daughter was surprised at how very ordinary (from the outside) was the house of Elvis Presley who lived there some years.  The same could be said for Frank Sinatra’s house.  Marilyn Monroe, Dean Martin and many others have or have had their house there.
  • I remember in the early 2000s I was working away a lot and the song Trouble in particular really takes me back to staying in caravans in Yorkshire, rooms above pubs in the Scottish lowlands making some of my stories I've subsequently shared with you all 

I can then fast forward to 2005 when they released an album, the one with Speed of Sound and I think it had fix you on it as well and Oasis at the same time released an album neither of which I was overly keen on. At this time I got offered tickets by a guy I was working with to see this group of kids called the Arctic Monkies in Southampton (I liked this bloke, he got me tickets to see a band called Selfish Cunt at the same venue) realised then that Coldplay and Oasis could be parked for now and space made for Kasabian, Arctic Monkies and all that followed at that time being a bit more interesting 

They've kept doing their thing, its fair to say Chris Martin isn't afraid to roll the dice and they have gone full circle, back to brilliance 
  • How long before they play #TheSphere in Vegas?

Seen bits of the opening U2 concert and looks amazing
  • Unbelievably, for me, it’s almost two years now since I saw them at Shepherds Bush for the last album launch. Ed Sheeran as guest and Simon Pegg as compère. I’m a bit like @Carter in that I’d picked up on them early and loved the first couple of albums. Perhaps a little music snobbery from me then that I cooled for a while when they went global. Can’t deny though that they’ve produced some stunning tracks over the years and they put on a stunning show.

Simon Pegg is obviously an old mate. His intro included a story of how he’d been with them at a gig there (Shepherds Bush) right at the start. It had been a great night and he and Chris walked across the green afterwards to use a checkpoint. Chris was taking the congratulations on their biggest gig to date but turned to him and said, “but what if this is it, the biggest we’ll ever get”. 

Simon Pegg then says to the audience “and here we are, 20 odd years later…back at the same fucking venue”.  Set the tone perfectly for a really relaxed and joyous night. If you haven’t seen them live, give them a go. 
  • Never seen them but think they are OK.....reminds me of Florida.
  • Looks like I never reposted after starting the thread. 

It was one of my top 5 concerts and I am not really a fan of theirs. 

The light show from the wristbands is amazing, and they out so much effort in. 

Like others have said, enjoyed first two albums but then went off of them, but think that was probably more to do with Chris Martin/Gwyneth Paltrow relationship and how they seemed to come across rather than the music. 

If you get a chance, go and see them even if you don’t like them. 
  • You know how I know you’re gay?
  • JaShea99 said:
    You know how I know you’re gay?
    By letting you suck my dick? 
  • Bedwetters music.
  • JaShea99 said:
    You know how I know you’re gay?
    Funnily enough I was having this discussion with someone yesterday about how that film probably wouldn't just not be made now (which is a crying shame, it was hilarious) and how it wasn't that long ago you could legitimately question someone's masculinity on whether or not they liked Coldplay whereas now a man can be wearing actual make up, have a moustache lifted straight out of the village people and it is sacracasant to even mildly think they might like other men more than women