Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Coldplay

2»

Comments

• Options
    Not really a fan but my sister (whose judgement I trust) saw them at Wembley a few years ago and said they were outstanding.

My wife loves them and when she taught at a school in Hampstead Garden Suburb, one of the parents was something to do with their production team and donated a signed CD to a school fundraiser raffle which she won. 
  • Options
    Once the special effects and light show start to dominate the music starts to take second place. Some of the stadium bands seem to have lost sight of the raw excitement of music.
  • Options
    Once the special effects and light show start to dominate the music starts to take second place. Some of the stadium bands seem to have lost sight of the raw excitement of music.
    I hear you, what I'll say though is the price of tickets to stadium shows now I think enables it should enable bands like Coldplay to do the light shows. Doesn't take away from the music, it adds to it 
  • Options
    That’s the thing with Coldplay. Their (well, Chris) performance levels and musicianship are top class. I did see them early doors (pre-yellow) and they have got better as performers over the years. The lighting is the cherry on top. 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    I hear you, what I'll say though is the price of tickets to stadium shows now I think enables it should enable bands like Coldplay to do the light shows. Doesn't take away from the music, it adds to it 
    Really don't like stadium shows - just kills it for me.
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Really don't like stadium shows - just kills it for me.
    Definitely prefer the smaller venues, but been to some amazing stadium gigs as well. Depends on where you get yourself in the crowd and whether they’re all up for it as well. 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Like the first three albums, can tolerate the fourth and lost interest after that. Cant honestly say I’ve listened to a new song of theirs since 2008 other than those that you can’t avoid hearing in public. Paradise is probably the last song that I can remember.  Very talented but ran their course a while ago for me so fair play to them on their longevity. Never did get to see them live when concerts were affordable way back when.