Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Missing student nurse found - strange story?

13»

Comments

• Options
    I’m amazed you can be charged with murder if there’s no body. I think the only way is if someone is deemed presumed dead but I thought that was for insurance purposes only. I may be wrong. Just adds to the oddness of it all and adds to the respectful debate. 
    People have I’m sure been tried for murder without there being a body and been convicted.
    they certainly have .. List of murder convictions without a body - Wikipedia
    Very interesting. The forensics point makes sense.
    seems that nowadays without wonderful forensics and the ubiquitous cameras, little crime of any sort would ever be solved

Whatever happened to the princes in the tower?
    Arry went to America and Willy reckons he supports Aston Villa while waiting for Granny and Daddy to die 
  • Options
    I’m amazed you can be charged with murder if there’s no body. I think the only way is if someone is deemed presumed dead but I thought that was for insurance purposes only. I may be wrong. Just adds to the oddness of it all and adds to the respectful debate. 
    People have I’m sure been tried for murder without there being a body and been convicted.
    seems that nowadays without wonderful forensics and the ubiquitous cameras, little crime of any sort would ever be solved

I think one had diamonds in his pockets and one wanted to buy you rockets.
  • Options

Arry went to America and Willy reckons he supports Aston Villa while waiting for Granny and Daddy to die 
    Just slightly behind the times with that post mate. Must be the speed of the Internet connection in rural Lincs!
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Just slightly behind the times with that post mate. Must be the speed of the Internet connection in rural Lincs!
    posted at the same time, BUT mine was longer than yours  :)
  • Options
    Not this quickly though, when there wasn't even any actual evidence that the "victim" was dead
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Now I’m not suggesting that those charged with murder in this instance are all upstanding members of the community but come on…..being charged with murder ain’t no joke!
    Officially, once it’s determined that there is no case to answer, that should be expunged from police records…..Mmmmm….I wouldn’t bet on it and that should never be the outcome, that’s heavy duty stuff to have in police notes/records wouldn’t you say?
  • Options
    Now I’m not suggesting that those charged with murder in this instance are all upstanding members of the community but come on…..being charged with murder ain’t no joke!
    Officially, once it’s determined that there is no case to answer, that should be expunged from police records…..Mmmmm….I wouldn’t bet on it and that should never be the outcome, that’s heavy duty stuff to have in police notes/records wouldn’t you say?
    I don’t think anyone has been charged with anything - they were arrested on suspicion of murder and kidnapping, and were then bailed. I don’t see anything about charges being filed. Obviously they’re not going to be charged with murder, but we still don’t know what really happened, and whether they played any part in it. 
  • Options
    They were not charged. They were arrested on suspicion of murder and/or kidnap. They are now apparently "released on bail". That is as reported. 

But for the sake of clarity, since 2017, there are two possibilities. The first is "Pre-charge bail" (PCB) also  known as police bail which may be conditional or unconditional. And then there's "Released under Investigation" (RUI). The police like RUI as there is no proper time limit attached to it and an investigation can proceed at a snail's pace while suspicion hangs over the alleged perpetrators. PCB gives the plod only an initial 28 days to conduct further enquiries. (It can be extended by a senior officer or magistrate). There is also Court bail, but let's ignore that as no charges have been laid. 

Now the thing about police interviews is that the arrested suspect has to be informed precisely of what he is suspected of doing. You can't arrest someone for murder and then start questioning them about something different without informing them of this change of direction and whether they are still suspected or merely "helping with enquiries".

If I was a betting man I'd put money on this case involving a RUI not a PCB.  But maybe some accurate reporting will sort that out (ha, ha!) Meanwhile, the unfortunate woman is seemingly still alive, so the suspicion of murder is otiose.