Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Arsenal - Amazon Prime

I know a few clubs have done these documentaries now, but has anyone on here seen it, and what did you make of it?

Wish they’d do one on Charlton!

Comments

• Options
    I’ve got a lot of time for Arteta

Arsenal are my preferred Prem team so I enjoyed it a lot 
  • Options
    Absolute cringefest. 
  • Options
    Seen all 3 recently, thought the Arsenal one was pretty boring. Arteta probably the only reason to watch though very cringey at times.
    Enjoyed the Spurs one the most. 

• Options
    It's brilliant. An absolute masterclass in trash TV. Showcasing Arteta's CBeebies version of Guardiola's style (I can't explain what I want properly so let me draw you hundreds of diagrams of hearts and bridges and cars and shellfish until you score a goal), the cringey nature of all Arsenal fans and the true, you couldn't write it, joy of Arsenal having everything in their grasp and then watching it slip away.
    I do think All Or Nothing is really good for showcasing just how ridiculous football fans are in general though. You get to watch in minute detail just how much work the players put in, how much they do care, how difficult their job is and how brilliant they must be to get to where they are and then you've got some arsehole stood outside the stadium saying it's not good enough or x player looks uninterested, or some TalkSport phone-in arguing that an international footballer is bad and should lose his job. You see that everywhere but juxtaposed against seeing the players that close up it does make you respect how much rage footballers must swallow every week when some American podcaster demands blood because the player wasn't been able to tackle Kevin bloody De Bruyne in the 55th minute.
  • Options
    4 episodes in and really enjoying it 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    I think the All Or Nothing docs are disingenuous and broderline propaganda. Certainly with City. The Spurs one has Levy's fingerprints all over it. I find it hard to get through them and only got two episodes into the Arsenal one as I get frustrated at how little they tell us outside of the newspaper headline stuff. The access the crew has is immense but the approval process castrates it. They'll spend 10 minutes on Arteta doing as @Garrymanilow described, with the white board stuff, but spend no time giving us any insight into how his planning affects what happens on the pitch. 

I think the first series of Sunderland 'Til I Die, and perhaps even second, are the benchmark for behind-the-scenes docs and All Or Nothing is an unworthy imitation, as most are. I would give my right fucking eye to have that kind of budget to work with. 
  • Options
    It will never be as good as Sunderland till I die, but it is was worth to see what goes on behind the scenes 
  • Options
    I haven't seen a decent football documentary since the QPR one. Hoping the Wrexham one will spark some intrest.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    I haven't seen a decent football documentary since the QPR one. Hoping the Wrexham one will spark some intrest.
    Not one? 😬 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    All Or Nothing just feels too " managed" and polished. The City one I quite liked but the Spurs and Arsenal ones are dull.

Sunderland Til I Die is still incredibly watchable despite the cringeworthy antics of Charlie Methven. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The most exciting thing I’ve seen about the gooner shite recently was today having an off in a pub with spurs in the Queens Head in Winchmore  Hill. Even then they managed to look like utter cnuts.
  • Options
    Would rather eat my own toes than watch that.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    PopIcon said:
    Not one? 😬 
    Of course, what Charlton supporter wouldn't enjoy the last episode Sunderland Till I Die. 

On a whole i thought the series was boring.
  • Options
    Just heard an advert on the radio about a Wrexham documentary 
  • Options
    No interest in any documentary about Sky clubs.   
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Welcome to Wrexham.
    available on Disney+

2 episodes released so far.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Welcome to Wrexham.
    available on Disney+

Enjoyed them both.
  • Options
    Glovepup said:
    Gribbo said:
    Welcome to Wrexham.
    available on Disney+

Enjoyed them both.
    Is it funny?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    Glovepup said:
    Gribbo said:
    Welcome to Wrexham.
    available on Disney+

Enjoyed them both.
    Is it funny?
    A little- Rob and Ryan are obviously funny guys, but the tone of the show (so far) is fairly serious overall.

I really enjoyed it though, more than the Arsenal doc which I'm most of the way through, they spend a lot of time in the show focused on the club and community surrounding it and how one affects the other. It's been very sincere, and both Rob/Ryan have come across really well in it so far I thought, Rob in particular seems very involved and even though he doesn't seem totally familiar with UK Football, he's quite clearly a massive sports fan in his own right.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    PopIcon said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    PopIcon said:
    Not one? 😬 
    Of course, what Charlton supporter wouldn't enjoy the last episode Sunderland Till I Die. 

On a whole i thought the series was boring.
    www.youtube.com/bunchofamateurs would like a word... 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Ok, finally got to the end of the series, can see why Johnboy liked that bit!

I don’t get Arteta going around the dressing room screaming in the players faces to get a reaction when they are doing poorly, bit like the team, he seemed to get worse and worse as the series went on, would hate to have a boss like that.
  • Options
    Think bugging me the most with it is London Colney being referred to as just Colney
  • Options
    I thought Arteta come over ok, but playing you never Walk alone around the practice pitch to try and feel like the Anfield atmosphere while training was something out of Malcolm Allison school of football.
  • Options
    Surely Arsenal must have refused for the documentary to show any tactical insights so it doesn't help opposition. 

Either that or Arteta really is David Brent and is just very lucky he has players that good in his team. 
  • Options
    Surely Arsenal must have refused for the documentary to show any tactical insights so it doesn't help opposition. 

Either that or Arteta really is David Brent and is just very lucky he has players that good in his team. 
    I imagine prime don't want to show too much of the nitty gritty tactical and training stuff to be fair, they will want the show to appeal to as broad a spectrum of people as possible - that's why they try to focus on the characters of the people in the dressing room and we only really see Arteta doing some outlandish analogy in his pre-game speech (Like with the lightbulb, which is my favourite one yet) or show him getting pissed off when they don't perform. 
  • Options

100%. I was disappointed not to see any tactical stuff and the team talks were highly edited but i totally get why.
  • Options

100%. I was disappointed not to see any tactical stuff and the team talks were highly edited but i totally get why.
    Quite interesting for the reasoning why Man City showed all of the detail (such as when Pep would go through the opposition with the team in the theatre before the game), but other clubs have declined to show it. 
  • Options
    Is it me but I can't understand half of what Arteta says - because of accent - not the waffle.