Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Arsenal - Amazon Prime

2»

Comments

• Options
     Bloke says “Guys…” even more than me!
    You’re going to have to up your game mate. Coming up short again. 
  • Options
    Surely Arsenal must have refused for the documentary to show any tactical insights so it doesn't help opposition. 

Either that or Arteta really is David Brent and is just very lucky he has players that good in his team. 
    100%. I was disappointed not to see any tactical stuff and the team talks were highly edited but i totally get why.
    I can speak to this as I do it every week!

When I am cutting team talks I have about 25-30 minutes on the first one, another 10 on the second, 10 on the half time and 15-20 on the full time - and that all comes from a 40-60 minute episode and doesn't include the coaching teams' set piece chats and such. 

If I boil the talks down to what can work in an episode I end up just using the broad stroke stuff, which is mainly motivational, top-level chat. The tactics themselves tend to meander on for ages and it drags the storytelling down. Especially as whatever I show has to pay-off to some degree later in the episode. And I think that's a factor here, especially as they're showing 2-3 different fixtures in an episode at times. 

All Or Nothing tends to do a bit more tactical stuff than Sunderland Til I Die, although I think it largely comes down to what a manager is comfortable showing. And that's the problem I have with All Or Nothing, it's majorly sanitised and controlled by the clubs that agree to do it. Which I understand, it just makes for an almost propagandist, promotional show. 

• Options
    edited September 2022
    Just watched 4 episodes of the Wrexham documentary on Disney plus, much more down to earth, prefer it to the Arsenal one, which is a bit too polished in comparison.