Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Gillingham | Papa Johns | Wed 31 Aug 2022 7pm | Match Preview

edited August 2022 in General Charlton
No idea what to expect tomorrow  other than a tiny crowd for a pointless competition.

Are there are rules still in what we have to play?

Comments

• Options
    I think the game is tomorrow at 7pm.
    I expect a very young inexperienced side out this afternoon for the U21’s.
  • Options
    Will there be more people streaming than at the game?
    Will the combined total reach 4 figures?
  • Options
    What day  is it?
  • Options
    Dream team for this game 

Wollacott
    Chin Lavelle Ness Roddy
    JFC Henry Santos
    DJ Leaburn Payne
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:
    Dream team for this game 

Wollacott
    Chin Lavelle Ness Roddy
    JFC Henry Santos
    DJ Leaburn Payne
    Santos is out on loan, and injured
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:
    Dream team for this game 

Wollacott
    Chin Lavelle Ness Roddy
    JFC Henry Santos
    DJ Leaburn Payne
    Santos is out on loan, and injured

This is exactly why it is dangerous to dare to dream. I'll sub in Adigun then.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What day  is it?
    It is Tuesday 😂

But the game is tomorrow 
  • Options
    Think that the club should refuse to participate in the competition on the basis that it’s name is sexist and fails to recognise the importance of women when it comes to fast food pizza joints.

When they change the name to Mama Joan’s, then, and only then should we agree to re-enter 🍕 🍕 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    I’ve heard Kanu will be involved tomorrow.

Source: today’s u21 squad

• Options
    Hope all the excitement doesn’t distract us from the transfer window closing.
  • Options
    Can we expect our ritual embarassment against this skid mark of a club?  Bit like Spanner lite to us the Jills...
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    No idea what to expect tomorrow  other than a tiny crowd for a pointless competition.

Are there are rules still in what we have to play?
    I think it’s still 11 v 11, on a pitch with proper goals, correct number of match officials, no kit clashes, corner flags and use of a size 5 ball. 
  • Options
    I think we need to still field at least 4 players who started the last game, so expect those players to be Wollacott, Morgan, Kirk and O’Connell or Clare. Just think the rest need the break. 

Take any game seriously, goals scored here will be another confidence builder for whoever scores them, just as a defeat will feel a bit sh*t, particularly against a local(ish) opponent. 
  • Options
    I think we need to still field at least 4 players who started the last game, so expect those players to be Wollacott, Morgan, Kirk and O’Connell or Clare. Just think the rest need the break. 

Take any game seriously, goals scored here will be another confidence builder for whoever scores them, just as a defeat will feel a bit sh*t, particularly against a local(ish) opponent. 
    I think the rule is any previous game this season, so the likes of Chin | Ness | Clayden will count
  • Options

I think the rule is any previous game this season, so the likes of Chin | Ness | Clayden will count
    Can we just substitute the 4 players n the first minute?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Southbank said:
    Harness
    Chin Ness Lavelle Clayden
    Payne Henry JFC
    Leaburn Kanu JFC

And a chance for some proper competition football for our younger players.
    If you don't come to see them it is your loss. I will be there.
    JFC doing the work of two men on the rhs.
  • Options

Can we just substitute the 4 players n the first minute?
    https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/20755891.bantams-start-papa-johns-trophy-sheffield-wednesday/

The rules are in here, remember Bradford got fined for taking their keeper off after 3 minutes!  Also Wednesday have sold 3000 tickets for the game.  They are MASSIVE.
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Harness
    Chin Ness Lavelle Clayden
    Payne Henry JFC
    Leaburn Kanu JFC

And a chance for some proper competition football for our younger players.
    If you don't come to see them it is your loss. I will be there.
    JFC doing the work of two men on the rhs.
    I meant DJ!
  • Options
    I’ve won 2 free tickets to my local papa johns match tonight…Accrington Stanley vs Rochdale…also got a free margarita pizza 🍕
  • Options
    RedRyan said:
    I’ve won 2 free tickets to my local papa johns match tonight…Accrington Stanley vs Rochdale…also got a free margarita pizza 🍕
    Won?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    RedRyan said:
    Won?
    That’s what I thought too 😂 but I’ll be back here when it’s a 5-6 thriller…
  • Options
    I’m hoping Marshall is doing that interview as garner is locked into a 48 hour transfer deadline bunker