Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Gillingham | Papa Johns | Wed 31 Aug 2022 7pm | Match Preview

13»

Comments

• Options
    paulg1947 said:
    As a matter of interest Can Brewer play in goal, for the Gills,I believe he has been injured
    He is rehabilitating after his shoulder op, not in Gills squad atm and can be seen at the Valley at home games…
  • Options
    Don’t think we can afford to play either Lavelle or O’Connell due to the injury to Inniss.
    Lavelle probably fancies another 90mins. Especially now we have a defender in on loan.

• Options
    mendonca said:
    Don’t think we can afford to play either Lavelle or O’Connell due to the injury to Inniss.
    Lavelle probably fancies another 90mins. Especially now we have a defender in on loan.

Yeah think Lavelle will start, probably with a view to playing 60-75mins.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Garner possibly in Bolton tonight pointlessly (?) watching their 2nd string play?

Have Garnerball and Evattball even been seen on the same pitch ?

The same when it works well but a mess when it goes wrong. Like most formations if you aren't fluid enough to change during a game or adapt. Lovely when 4 players are in the box supporting the central striker but when it fails the chances created fall alarmingly.

Charlton v Gillingham should see some more youngsters step up including the best finisher at Cafc: Daniel Kanu.
  • Options
    Frankly I wouldn’t open the curtains to watch this if they were playing in my garden. Utterly pointless. One cup too many. 
  • Options
    Frankly I wouldn’t open the curtains to watch this if they were playing in my garden. Utterly pointless. One cup too many. 

I would be more worried about my windows if Charlton v Gillingham were playing in my garden, plus the mess the away fans would leave behind after they leave, 4 days later.
  • Options
    Very excited.
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    DOUCHER said:
    be more interest in selling tickets to watch the transfer war room 
    Yes you are right. It is really only Charlton fans who are interested in seeing our emerging young players being tested that would be interested.

Those more interested in bulletin board tittle tattle should stay at home.
    I’d go to sparrows or dartford for that - used to be mainly first team games at the valley 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    be more interest in selling tickets to watch the transfer war room 

War bunker under the West Stand on the big night

22.45:00: Leaning back in his chair 
    SG:"Well, that one's kyboshed TS!"

22:45:05: Tightening his E string
    TS:"Hey listen to this riff man..."

22:45:06:Googling hair restoration sites
    BG:"Go with Plan B SG... Go Go Go!"

22.45:07: Opening a Walkers Classic Variety pack
    SG:"Who's got Swindons number?"

22.45:08: Adjusting her bra strap
    RS:"Oops! we made them redundant last week..."

Transfer window and door slams shut and the roof falls in to the sound of TS beasting Stairway To Heaven.

The room starts filling up with water and the only escape is clinging onto the out of contract players branch 
  • Options

Charlton: Harness; O’Connor, Barker, Ness, Chin; Payne (c), Henry, Forster-Caskey; Jaiyesimi, Leaburn, Kanu

Subs: Kone, Bakrin, Dench, Anderson, Williams, Ladapo, Campbell

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/team-news-full-debuts-oconnor-and-kanu

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    JFC and DJ playing suggests nothing imminent for them. McG and Gilbey not involved suggests they are the 2 moving on if anyone 
    Hopefully, would much rather that. 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    So debut for O'Connor, and opportunities for Kone | Dench | Anderson | Ladapo to join him.
  • Options
    We definitely have no intention of progressing in this completion. Good luck to the U21s tonight. I’ll be watching from my front room 
  • Options
    It would be good to see Anderson get some game time. 
  • Options
    It would be good to see Anderson get some game time. 
    Campbell too, looks very promising from the little I’ve seen.
  • Options
    Nice that Campbell's injury hasnt resulting in a backwards step from his progression into the First Team
  • Options
    Payne as captain.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Assume no Lavelle all but confirms Inniss is out this weekend.

Time for Lavelle to cement his place (new CB depending).
  • Options
    Assume no Lavelle all but confirms Inniss is out this weekend.

Time for Lavelle so cement his place (new CB depending).
    Personally I think Lavelle suits Garnerball better than Inniss 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When they post the Gillingham line up will it be Sutton United?
  • Options
    That’s a phenomenally young lineup

For those that don’t watch the u23s much you might be pleasantly surprised once they settle down.  But don’t expect too much.  Depends how strong a lineup Gills put out
  • Options
    Garner not interested in the cup......

Boooooo 🤭
  • Options
    Garner not interested in the cup......

Boooooo 🤭
  • Options
    Twitter updates are shit now aren't they?!