Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bolton Wanderers v Charlton Athletic | Saturday 3rd September 2022 3pm | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    I’ll go for a 3-1 win. Stockley, Kirk and Payne off the bench with a rocket 
  • Options
    JRS, Stockley and Leeeeaburn are going to have to perform out of their skins for the rest of the season if we’re to even get in the playoffs. Let’s hope that starts today. 
  • Options
    It will be significantly cooler today, that should help.  

I highly doubt this will be nil nil.  Should be a good game this one.  The first goal will be key as the team behind will have to take a bit more risk and both teams are very good on the counter.

Will the big crowd spur Bolton on, or be a millstone round their necks?

Shows what's possible when you aggressively market affordable tickets, doesn't it?
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Valley11 said:
    Is Bolton away a bogey team/game? Can’t remember the last time we won there - 
    but as it’s my birthday I reckon we will today. 
    2-1. 
    Mine on Sunday, so I'm hoping for a Stockley goal to make the difference. 0-1.

It's the 66th anniversary of JS being sacked today. Unlikely to have much effect on the game though, unless it's weighing heavily on the players' minds lol.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    2-1. 
    I may be wrong, but I think the last time we won in the league there, was 1955 3-1 a hat trick for Stuart Leary.
    Happy Birthday
  • Options
    we've drawn the last two, they've lost the last two, they've scored just FIVE in the league so far and conceded five .. I expected more from them but it's still early days .. we are going along nicely, playing with flair and confidence so far .. I don't expect any changes from the last league game line up 

It's an overcast, muggy day in Bolton today with a chance of rain later, we are playing in a nice stadium with all to play for .. still, I am always wary of the Notlobbers and I'll be happy with a draw, though hedging my bets, a win would be terrific of course 

Bolton Wanderers 1 v CAFC 1
  • Options
    Another draw...
  • Options
    Bolton 3-0

Reality check.
  • Options
    About bloody time.

Sneaky feeling we win this they are unpredictable Bolton, I think we’ll play our stuff and get a goal either side of the break.  Will be good to see CBT back.

Wollacott
    Clare, Lavelle, O’Connell, Clayden 
    Morgan, Dobson, Fraser
    Rak-Sakyi, Stockley, Kirk

MacG, Ness, Chin, McGrandles, Payne, CBT, Leaburn

Innis obviously out, can’t see him changing the midfield three as the back up all started midweek, same trio up top also, Chin in for Lavelle on the bench, McGrandles available as he said in the presser so you’d assume he and CBT make the bench. 

0-2 Kirk and Fraser.
    That’s how I see it with the team. I think Garner really rates McGrandles so expect to see him starting sooner rather than later. 

Bench still looking a little bear sadly, and that’s not me doing a disservice to Ness, Chin and certainly Leaburn who have all been fantastic. 

Hoping this will be one of those games where it feels like it’s falling together and we get a good win, and we can take some momentum into some ‘easier’ fixtures. 

Never ever easy away from home though. 
    Paddington, Winnie or Rupert?

Pudsey bear for the fans in need.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Almost forgot there was a game on today after the distractions of midweek.  A hard one to call.  I can make a good case for any of the three possible outcomes.  I am but a deer with no eyes on this one.
  • Options
    just called the Bolton ticket office .. they have a list of around 200 Addicks whose tickets didn't arrive .. pick them up inside the club shop from the windows at the back on the right hand side
  • Options
    Sorry Covered End, I’m missing something here.  What exactly does that mean 😄
    MuttleyCAFC thinks the fans that take the time, effort and money to attend Charlton matches are the least important fans to Charlton. See the transfers thread. 
    Be fair. Muttley means least important to the owners of Charlton, as they  can take us for granted. Some truth in that as I would indeed still go to see Charlton in the National League.
  • Options
    I notice from LL stats that Claire is already on 4 bookings, does the one match ban come in at 5?
  • Options
    I notice from LL stats that Claire is already on 4 bookings, does the one match ban come in at 5?
    it does
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Should change his name to Outtis
    Shakeitallabouttis?
  • Options
    Draw @ best 
    1-0 defeat but we can triumphantly boast at having won the possession %age battle 59-41
  • Options
    But one was in the caraboa cup and I don't think that counts towards a ban in the league.
  • Options
    We've played really well this season in all comps. Will be another close game. Think it will help us that they've had a week off as we were getting tired towards the end of a good draw at Wycombe. I think if we can get that first goal we can go on and seize this game.

Stockley to quieten down the doubters with a top performance hopefully 🤞
  • Options
    I reckon it will be another draw and we will slip another couple of places in the  table. 
    I hope Garner is not too downbeat with the lack of support by guitar boy on deadline day.
    Anyway onwards and upwards. 
    That’s going to be the problem in general for us this season,to many draws.
    But Lancaster is not one of our better hunting grounds although I always liked the trips to Bolton,Accrington,Fleetwood .
    Seen to many defeats to nil,so Bolton win today without us scoring.

Just for you Blackpool,To the top with Alex Stock!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I keep looking at the tread title and every time thinking ‘Charlton 3’ looks about right for this game. It’s just a question of how many Bolton get because somebody forgot to put that number in
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    2-1. 
    I may be wrong, but I think the last time we won in the league there, was 1955 3-1 a hat trick for Stuart Leary.
    Happy Birthday
    I thought we won there under Curbushly in our promotion season. 
  • Options
    Best preview so far.

Wollacott
    Clare Lavelle O'Connell Clayden
         Morgan Dobson Fraser
            JRS Stockley Kirk 

1-1 

Stockley tears both hammy's attempting to sprint into the box to miss a Kirk cross. O'Connell dislocates shoulder after landing awkwardly clearing a corner.

Doom merchants hold a midnight vigil for the death of our season. The I'm so cool positively optimistic bunch claim it's nothing to worry about as Stockley doesn't fit the system and O'Connell's a liability anyway.

Proper Charlton.
  • Options
    Be interesting to see how the team reacts after the non-event of deadline day.

We don't concede many and they don't score many which is an encouraging omen.

I think we might nick this 0-1 and get out of Bolton with three away points.

Stockley with a dodgy penalty won by Ricki-Saki falling over in the box. 
  • Options
    Be interesting to see how the team reacts after the non-event of deadline day.

We don't concede many and they don't score many which is an encouraging omen.

I think we might nick this 0-1 and get out of Bolton with three away points.

Stockley with a dodgy penalty won by Ricki-Saki falling over in the box. 

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    2-1. 
    Happy Birthday
    I thought we won there under Curbushly in our promotion season. 
    We did, a couple of weeks after they beat us in the FA Cup.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Southbank said:
    MuttleyCAFC thinks the fans that take the time, effort and money to attend Charlton matches are the least important fans to Charlton. See the transfers thread. 
    Be fair. Muttley means least important to the owners of Charlton, as they  can take us for granted. Some truth in that as I would indeed still go to see Charlton in the National League.
    Thank you. You can purposely misunderstand the point and get offended if you choose to but it isn't really a difficult one. And it is true. It wouldn't be if we had enough fans willing to watch us in the National League and being more important of course is different to suggesting they are better or more deserving which of course they are not. 

As for today, I think the fact they have lost their last two league games may make them harder opponents so a draw would be a decent result.
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Thank you. You can purposely misunderstand the point and get offended if you choose to but it isn't really a difficult one. And it is true. It wouldn't be if we had enough fans willing to watch us in the National League and being more important of course is different to suggesting they are better or more deserving which of course they are not. 

As for today, I think the fact they have lost their last two league games may make them harder opponents so a draw would be a decent result.
    Southbank said:

It’s not about purposely misunderstanding - it’s about u justifying not going as being actually more important than going - we have an owner who may not be doing what u like so by not going u are giving him that message rather than support him - well that’s okay if there was an alternative but from what I can see, there isn’t just kind there wasn’t when u went to selhurst etc etc - if those of us that went to selhurst etc hadn’t, the club would have died just as it would now 
  • Options
    Today is our first away win of the season . I can feel it in my water.
    2-1 to The Addicks . Goals from Stockley and Innis 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!