Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Bolton Wanderers v Charlton Athletic | Sat 3rd Sep 2022 3pm

Comments

• Options
    Leaburn on for Stockley - can't be worse
  • Options
    Sorry, my fault. Only stated looking at the thread at 3.07pm.

2 mins later we concede.

I'm off to watch Sky Sports instead. 
    All that training they do , all the thinking about team selection and the tactics that consumes the manager and ultimately it’s down to you looking at this thread. Garner must now know he’s wasting his time!
  • Options
    Lino has had a shocker there. Where’s VAR when you need it?
    So obvious.  Poor officiating.
  • Options

Chance for Wanderers!
    @GThomason14 did really well to drive forward from midfield and he then found @JackIredale14 on the overlap in the box, but he could only fire his effort into the side netting.
  • Options
    For a big man Stockley does get muscled  off the ball far too easily, and these centre halves must love playing against him, what they don't get Stockley is too slow to challenge... :s
  • Options
    1. 27'

Post update

Corner, Charlton Athletic. Conceded by Gethin Jones.

• Options
    When Santos empties his pockets when he gets home tonight he’ll find Stockley in there.
  • Options
    That’s a huge push on Stockley and the foul goes Bolton’s way. Should be a penalty. 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Southbank said:
    We don't appear to have a Plan B when the oppo play a high press, except to give them the ball or try and find Stockley. What is Plan B Garner?
    You literally just said what you believe Plan B is. Pump it to Stockley

Stop beating managers with this cliche stick.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Obviously CAFC Twitter saving money, only mentions goals, please come back Olly
  • Options
    When did we last win away in the league?
  • Options
    1. 29'

Post update

James Trafford (Bolton Wanderers) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 29'

Post update

Foul by Jayden Stockley (Charlton Athletic).

• Options
    I really hate to pile on, but Jayden Stockley just jogs about moaning.

Such little value to the system. 
  • Options
    Santos is very good for this level 
  • Options

End-to-end stuff here at the University of Bolton Stadium with 30 minutes played... #bwfc 1 #cafc 1

• Options
    I used to think Iwelumo was bad, but I’ve never known a Charlton striker get less help from refs than Stockley. Whatever you think of him he gets wrestled constantly by centre backs, arms all over him, shoving him, pulling his shirt almost completely off him at times and frequently he gets only free kicks given against him. 
  • Options
    I'm looking at a tiny screen, wearing my intermediary glasses, not far off needing a cateract operation, but it looked to me as though there was a handball from the Bolton forward as he put the ball in for the  equaliser. Did anyone else see that?
  • Options
    Any particular reason we are playing at walking pace ?
  • Options
    We're rather flat today 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:
    Obviously CAFC Twitter saving money, only mentions goals, please come back Olly
    Maybe there’s a lot going on in the Welling match!
  • Options
    1. 32'

Post update

Attempt blocked. Kieran Lee (Bolton Wanderers) right footed shot from outside the box is blocked. Assisted by Jack Iredale.

• Options
    That was great work from Morgan but you’ve got to be scoring from there. 
  • Options
    Corner, Bolton Wanderers. Conceded by Charles Clayden.
  • Options
    We do seem a bit lightweight so far, Bolton sweeping up any attacks we try, by passing our midfield with long balls out to both left and right, we need half time and the magic half time talk from BG
  • Options
    Made that so easy for the keeper. 
  • Options
    How can our corners be so woeful week after week. 
  • Options
    This ref does seem to be a bit of a homer. Or just shit🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Gone quiet at Welling

36' O'Connell finds Morgan racing in behind the hosts' defence with an excellent ball, but Trafford tips his effort over. #bwfc 1 #cafc 1
  • Options
    Morgan showing all the worst parts of his game,  can't shoot, can't take corners
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!