Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Apathy

There is so much apathy towards to club at the moment, is anybody feeling positive about the future?

Comments

• Options
    Not Bothered
  • Options
    Given up
  • Options
    Can't be bothered to answer that
    Can't be bothered to lol that.
  • Options
    Can't be bothered to answer that
    Can't be bothered to lol that.
    @AFKABartram could we add a 'meh' button as well as Like and LOL?
  • Options
    us old hands are used to and have become immune to the usual underachievement,  it makes the occasional triumphs much more ecstatic and wonderful .. having said that though .. SANDY, cut the bullshit, get yer wallet out and start splashing the cash on some real quality  players f f s !!
  • Options
    Against Plymouth just a few weeks ago we were the Dog's Bollocks now after a home draw and a lost plus a silent last day window no one is saying Dog's anymore !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Against Plymouth just a few weeks ago we were the Dog's Bollocks now after a home draw and a lost plus a silent last day window no one is saying Dog's anymore !
    Ten man Plymouth.
  • Options
    The feeling is pretty universal I think.

The window ending like it did it is plain to see that the club has missed a great opportunity to have a crack at promotion this year.

It all seems so shortsighted and in the grand scheme of things a £500k investment would have made all the difference imo.

Add to that the silly apparent "cost saving" reasons being given for some of the staffing decisions.

Such a shame to have gone from the high of the start of last season to what I think will now be a steady decline until TS finally gives up.

I would bet money BG will be gone before the season is out onto pastures new and tbh I wouldnt blame him
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    No , TS it seems has now decided not to invest the money needed to move the club forward. On the recent Trust survey they asked a question , describe the club in one word ? 'Shrinking' , seems to sum up the club. We are becoming an established 3rd division club. Depressing  :(
  • Options
    Since covid I've struggled to really care as much. Just accept it now 
  • Options
    Apathy isn't the opposite of positivity.

I read a lot of anger, annoyance, disenchantment, negativity and frustration but not indifference.

I saw an awful lot of empty seats, though.
  • Options
    I am not positive about this season or the future however I have reached a point I never thought I would................. I don’t really care anymore.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes. Things will get better. 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    But of course beat Exeter at the weekend and we’re back to being Real Madrid. 

Fans, eh, what are they like? Can’t live with them, can’t live without them.
  • Options
    Nothing that a couple of wins wouldn’t solve!
  • Options
    There has been an acceptance of mediocrity at Charlton for far too long.
    lack of ambition encourages apathy.
  • Options
    During the 60 plus years I’ve supported Charlton, there have been worse times. The difference this time is I’m not sure I’ll still be around by the time things improve!
    Surely you'll last until May ;)
  • Options
    I am not positive about this season or the future however I have reached a point I never thought I would................. I don’t really care anymore.
    Sadly that's how I'm starting to feel.
    Oh for a decent owner who can run the club in a professional way.
    I look at the likes of Palace  ,QPR and Fulham and I think how come they are all being run better than us.
    Even millwall are a better run club than Charlton. 
    I think it's going to take a new owner for the feel Good factor to return. 
    Having said that I shall be there Saturday cheering on the team but with little enthusiasm I must admit. 
  • Options
    There has been an acceptance of mediocrity at Charlton for far too long.
    lack of ambition encourages apathy.
    I think it's lack of money rather than lack of ambition.
  • Options
    May of which year, is the question.
  • Options
    I never realised we were in the same division as Exeter (no offence), but when I looked at the table they're above us!
  • Options
    I used to be apathetic but now I couldn't give a toss.  

Seriously though, it is an odd feeling at the moment.  Things have certainly gone downhill fast since the Plymouth game. It's not apathy though.  It's frustration and disenchantment.