Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Apathy

2»

Comments

• Options
    I can tell you now, that as bad as it gets losing your ancestral home is the lowest you can feel.  hang on in there, change is inevitable.
  • Options
    Footballing wise this is without doubt the worse period in our history , we are utter shit , how can anyone moan that people are fcuked off with it and not pulling themselves senseless over some swindon signings and smashing plymouth 

9 seasons (and counting) in 14 in the third tier , pathetic 
    in the previous 73 seasons 6 were spent in the third tier
    we started our league history with 8 straight seasons in the third tier .

palace are on their 10th season on the bounce in the top flight

scum are in their 11th in 13 seasons in the second tier 

no wonder people are apathetic towards it 

most of us are in the Charlton nuthouse and continue to torture ourselves 

and anyone, as stated always by me,  has to be nuts to waste their money on our club because the amount of times i see the word investment used is ridiculous , no ones ever gonna get a return out of our loss making club , did anyone (on the board) coin it in during our premiership years 

investment
    1. the action or process of investing money for profit
  • Options
    Footballing wise this is without doubt the worse period in our history , we are utter shit , how can anyone moan that people are fcuked off with it and not pulling themselves senseless over some swindon signings and smashing plymouth 

9 seasons (and counting) in 14 in the third tier , pathetic 
    in the previous 73 seasons 6 were spent in the third tier
    we started our league history with 8 straight seasons in the third tier .

palace are on their 10th season on the bounce in the top flight

scum are in their 11th in 13 seasons in the second tier 

no wonder people are apathetic towards it 

most of us are in the Charlton nuthouse and continue to torture ourselves 

and anyone, as stated always by me,  has to be nuts to waste their money on our club because the amount of times i see the word investment used is ridiculous , no ones ever gonna get a return out of our loss making club , did anyone (on the board) coin it in during our premiership years 

investment
    1. the action or process of investing money for profit
    If u fancy being depressed mate try watching the documentary on the Palace academy! They are so far ahead they are out of sight of us
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Shoot me down anyone who is old enough if this is looking through "rose tinted" glasses but we were rubbish back in the '70s - but it was an entertaining and unpredictable sort of rubbish. And as a result of the unpredictability I never felt like I didn't want to go and watch us.

Take the '72-'73 season for example. We finished 11th in the old Division 3. But you went to a game never quite knowing what was going to happen. That season we beat Swansea 6-0 and Notts County 6-1 in the space of three weeks. But, equally, we lost 4-0 to Tranmere and 5-0 to Plymouth. You never knew what Charlton team was going to turn up and that in itself made it thrilling when we won and disappointing when we lost. 

As a result of "improved" coaching and the emphasis on not conceding that level of unpredictability appears to have gone out of football outside the teams that are the best in the Premier League. Take Preston for example. They are two places off the Play Offs in the Championship and have scored 4 goals and have conceded 4 goals in their 12 matches. They've had 6 goalless draws. Yes of course we would swap places with them but that isn't the point I'm making. They are still predictable and when the results stop, what do you have left?

And who wants to watch a game of football that is predictable where you might, at best, nick a win but are more likely to draw 1-1? Hence the apathy and reluctance to part with hard earned money. 

• Options
    Th0rryy sums up how I and many other long suffering Charlton fans that I speak to feel. For more than 50 years I’ve been a Charlton fan who continued to support them whist in exile at the Nigel’s and Hampsters and going to football on a Saturday has always been a day out with friends and family. Yes we’ve had some highlights and their rarity makes them so much more enjoyable in a sadistic way. I remain hopeful that one day our luck will turn again and we will at least complete with the other two local London rivals. 

For us to rise again we need an owner that understands how to run a football club and is prepared to back its manager. I still thank Thomas for saving us and having won the initial fight he now needs to win the war and start this by backing our manager.