Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Terell Thomas - May 2024: Post-release interview with the SLP (p18)

1121314151618»

Comments

• Options
    In my opinion, one of the only players we have that has got better with us, they usually get worse!
  • Options
    Really good guy, gave his all but ultimately not quite good enough. Really hope he finds a decent club and best of luck to him.
  • Options
    Comes across really well in that article...

Can understand his 'surprise' at being let go given he was a regular pick by Jones - but hey Terrell, we kept leaking goals!
  • Options
    Yes, I'm sure he felt there was a reasonable chance he would be offered another contract but that's football for you.

On their day both Hector and Thomas put in good performances but collectively the defence wasn't strong enough and 2 stronger centre backs and a better goalie are key for next season.
  • Options
    It's a good interview and he comes across well. I thought he had a decent season and wish him well in the future.
  • Options
    What a nice guy
  • Options
    Really good guy, gave his all but ultimately not quite good enough. Really hope he finds a decent club and best of luck to him.
    He's definitely not one of those players I'd be glad to be rid of inasmuch as they have a bad attitude or lack of effort. 

I'm definitely not saying that I think we should have kept him, it's yet again a decent player when we need a great one, but I think he'll find himself a new club relatively easily.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nice enough guy but if we want to get promoted you have to ask would he have gotten into either of Powell or Bowyer’s teams? The answer is no to both. A decent bench option but literally no point in offering new deals to bench players when that role can be taken by Gillesphey or Jones while we look to bring a better replacement in.
  • Options
    Nice enough guy but if we want to get promoted you have to ask would he have gotten into either of Powell or Bowyer’s teams? The answer is no to both. A decent bench option but literally no point in offering new deals to bench players when that role can be taken by Gillesphey or Jones while we look to bring a better replacement in.
    The first team no. Better than the late career version of Gary Doherty we had in 11/12? Absolutely. We were quite blessed with CBs in 18/19 because we'd recently been in the Championship so he wouldn't get near Bauer, Pearce, Sarr and Bielik. You're right though, the position we're in is we let the ones expiring go and get in better than what's left. It bodes well as long as we make those signings.
  • Options
    Thomas was quite unfortunate in the timing of his contract coming up. I'm sure that if Thomas had had another year on his deal and Gillesphey or Lloyd Jones had found their contract was up then they would have gone instead. We're at a stage where we won't try to actively sell the defenders we have, we'll be looking to add better players over them so we're clearing space in the squad and the budget to get the players we want
    Yes, the same situation where Pratley was released as we still had Ben Watson under contract.

Yes there were injury and fitness issues, but it's slightly concerning that Thomas played far more under Jones than either of the January signings REG and Gillesphey, both of which signed long contracts.
  • Options
    edited June 4
    Scoham said:
    Pete O’Rourke has said Notts County are making him an offer.

https://x.com/sportspeteo/status/1797989068065984840?s=46&t=A-w3Eq0EWWpjMxring904Q
    Another first-team CB stepping down to L2...

I really hope we bring in some defenders who show just our bad our CBs have been in the last few seasons.
  • Options
    Yes, I'm sure he felt there was a reasonable chance he would be offered another contract but that's football for you.

On their day both Hector and Thomas put in good performances but collectively the defence wasn't strong enough and 2 stronger centre backs and a better goalie are key for next season.

I honestly reckon that’s true of around 80% of L1 defenders/defences.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Pete O’Rourke has said Notts County are making him an offer.

https://x.com/sportspeteo/status/1797989068065984840?s=46&t=A-w3Eq0EWWpjMxring904Q
    Lg2 is his level tbf
  • Options
    I think he could do a job with a mid to lower L1 club, the sort of club happy to stay in L1, rather than a promotion chasing one.
    That sounds like Charlton 
  • Options
    Notts County like to play the passing game and this is not one of Terrell's strengths!

Strange fit imo