Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

JOIN A Q&A WITH BEN GARNER AT THE VALLEY

Comments

• Options
    I've sent the club an email asking to confirm the date as the website still shows Friday 23rd, as does the ticket.
  • Options
    I've sent the club an email asking to confirm the date as the website still shows Friday 23rd, as does the ticket.
    RM will respond when she's cleared her "in " basket.
  • Options
    RM will respond when she's cleared her "in " basket.
    Her in-basket must be very full as I've heard nothing!
  • Options
    Assume this is likely to be postponed with Ben contacting covid?
  • Options
    Assume this is likely to be postponed with Ben contacting covid?
    I suspect one of Thomas's friends or family will stand in for him, if he is still testing positive.
  • Options

Join a Q&A with Ben Garner at The Valley

The club are excited to welcome supporters to The Valley next week for an exclusive Q&A with Charlton Manager Ben Garner.

At the event supporters will be able to put their questions to Garner who will be joined by men’s first team coaches Scott Marshall and Anthony Hayes at the event. Season-ticket holders will be able to reserve their place from 1pm on Wednesday, with non-season ticket holders able to reserve their place from 1pm on Friday through our website. The event will run from 7pm – 8.30pm on Thursday, September 22nd and supporters can also reserve their place at the event through the club’s supporters’ group. To find out more information about a supporters’ group that is relevant to you, visit https://www.charltonafc.com/fans/supporter-groups.

Date/Time 

• Thursday 22nd September from 7pm -8.30pm 

Check-in/Entry 

• Please check in at The Valley - West Stand Reception 
    • Provide your name to the hostess (if RSVP'd through a Supporters Group) or show your e-ticket (if you reserved a seat through our website).  

Additional Details 

• The doors to Club 1905, where the event will be held, will open at 6..45p 
    • Seating will be open seating 
    • The Club 1905 bar will be open, with drinks and snacks available for purchase 
    • Parking details 
      • We will have limited parking in the West Stand Reception, and additional parking at Valley Grove parking lot, a few minutes' walk from the entrance   
      • CAFC staff will park in Valley Grove to ensure that as many guests as possible have parking near reception.  
    • If you are an International Supporter and joining us on Zoom please email us at fans@cafc.co.uk if you do not yet have the calendar invite/link 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    I emailed the club about this and never got a response.
  • Options
    I am going to this and have some questions. Seen every game this season, mostly live, a couple of CATV when on a cruise ship, so have a good sense of what I really want to get into. Players and system, high press fatigue, disciplinary record, weight on youngsters shoulders just some of the areas I would like to cover.
  • Options
    I am going to this and have some questions. Seen every game this season, mostly live, a couple of CATV when on a cruise ship, so have a good sense of what I really want to get into. Players and system, high press fatigue, disciplinary record, weight on youngsters shoulders just some of the areas I would like to cover.
    Good luck!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pah good luck, reckon you’ll get to ask him what his favourite colour is and not much else!
  • Options
    Is this tonight?  

Any updates?
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    60+ here. BG talked about the forward: someone Mbape-like would be ideal.

(Edit: around 100 attending probably)
  • Options

Join a Q&A with Ben Garner at The Valley

The club are excited to welcome supporters to The Valley next week for an exclusive Q&A with Charlton Manager Ben Garner.

At the event supporters will be able to put their questions to Garner who will be joined by men’s first team coaches Scott Marshall and Anthony Hayes at the event. Season-ticket holders will be able to reserve their place from 1pm on Wednesday, with non-season ticket holders able to reserve their place from 1pm on Friday through our website. The event will run from 7pm – 8.30pm on Thursday, September 22nd and supporters can also reserve their place at the event through the club’s supporters’ group. To find out more information about a supporters’ group that is relevant to you, visit https://www.charltonafc.com/fans/supporter-groups.

Date/Time 

• Thursday 22nd September from 7pm -8.30pm 

Check-in/Entry 

• Please check in at The Valley - West Stand Reception 
    • Provide your name to the hostess (if RSVP'd through a Supporters Group) or show your e-ticket (if you reserved a seat through our website).  

Additional Details 

• The doors to Club 1905, where the event will be held, will open at 6..45p 
    • Seating will be open seating 
    • The Club 1905 bar will be open, with drinks and snacks available for purchase 
    • Parking details 
      • We will have limited parking in the West Stand Reception, and additional parking at Valley Grove parking lot, a few minutes' walk from the entrance   
      • CAFC staff will park in Valley Grove to ensure that as many guests as possible have parking near reception.  
    • If you are an International Supporter and joining us on Zoom please email us at fans@cafc.co.uk if you do not yet have the calendar invite/link 
    Car park?

Macros parking lot doesn't have the same ring.
  • Options
    60+ here. BG talked about the forward: someone Mbape-like would be ideal.
    someone Mbape-like... or someone; Mbappe, like?

One for the Grammar thread ;)
  • Options
    Shocking news

John de Souza leaving!

Garner speaks very well as we know.

Scott is very Scottish 

Hayes is, as you expect with that name is articulate and intelligent 

We train Monday to Friday and don't have Wednesdays off like most clubs.

It's a bit too slick for me and not as good as Bromley Addicks.
    Corr is that it? You've changed!
  • Options
    Shocking news

John de Souza leaving!

Garner speaks very well as we know.

Scott is very Scottish 

Hayes is, as you expect with that name is articulate and intelligent 

We train Monday to Friday and don't have Wednesdays off like most clubs.

It's a bit too slick for me and not as good as Bromley Addicks.
    Thanks.
    Is De Souza going to be replaced?
    (or is he being laid off because the chairman shouldn't be signing coaches and he's not needed?)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hard not to be critical when you help run the best supporters group but I wouldn't have had three guests and wouldn't have asked all three the same question as that took too long and added little.

But the questions were asked in a professional way. Just felt like we were working through them rather than responding to the responses.

But it wasn't the stage managed, no criticism, putin style event some were claiming it would be beforehand.

Thought there was a lot more than 60 there, closer to 100 but I wasn't counting.

Free food at the end too.

One thing seems sure, BG believes in his style of play and is going to stick with it.

Scott = defence, de Souza = midfield, Hayes = attack and set pieces.

Our set pieces have been appalling this year. Think Ben needs to reassess this if things don't improve.
  • Options
    Who hosted?
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:
    Hard not to be critical when you help run the best supporters group but I wouldn't have had three guests and wouldn't have asked all three the same question as that took too long and added little.

But the questions were asked in a professional way. Just felt like we were working through them rather than responding to the responses.

But it wasn't the stage managed, no criticism, putin style event some were claiming it would be beforehand.

Thought there was a lot more than 60 there, closer to 100 but I wasn't counting.

One thing seems sure, BG believes in his style of play and is going to stick with it.

Our set pieces have been appalling this year. Think Ben needs to reassess this if things don't improve.
    Funny enough one of the questions was about how we'd scored no goals from set pieces but 40% had of Barnsley''s goals had come from them.

Before Hayes could respond Garner said "scored two, conceded one"

AH agreed it was an area we needed to improve though.

This was another example of the lack of a follow-up question.

Clearly if we've only conceded once they aren't all terrible but we're not scoring enough full stop, not just from set pieces.
  • Options
    Who hosted?
    Charlotte, who dies CharltonTV.

She did suggest the coaches visit the museum so obviously a smart person.
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:

Garner's reply was we've scored 2 and conceded 1 from set pieces. 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Who hosted?
    A girl/female/woman/lady.
    She was professional, but when she said I've learnt quite a bit about football tonight, a little bit of me was, well I don't know but I think many will know what I'm saying / not saying.