Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Forest Green Rovers | Tuesday 13 September 2022 7:45PM

Comments

• Options
    Southbank said:
    Second time Wollacott has done that and given a goal away. He should learn to catch. Don't they teach that to goalies any more?
    Never seems keen to catch.
  • Options
    Haven’t seen anything in Mcgrandles, admittedly few, performances that suggest he should be starting for us.

Think this game suits Albie personally.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Now CBT's misses look even worse.
    As I've said before.....he is not a forward. No composure in front of goal. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    The atmosphere is really poor tonight
    Barely feels like a league game 
  • Options
    1-1

Defensive cock-up.

Ball crossed in, WollaKeeper went to punch clear, collided with defender, ball dropped a few yards away, tapped into an empty net.

Ballcocks.
    He didn’t punch it, he tried to catch it and collided with the defender.
    Sorry, I only had one look at it, my eyes aren't too flash, and (believe it or not) there were people in the way!

Whatever happened, it was sh1t.
  • Options
    Browny thinks we'll go on and win it second half!

Has he been in the bar?
    Unusually positive for Browny.
    Or possibly a reflection of how shit he thinks Forest Green are.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Surprised people think we have played badly. Just an absolutely shocking bit of goalkeeping 
    I think defensively we've still looked a bit dodgy. FGR have gotten into good positions but they're just so poor with the ball at their feet.

That being said, if CBT had his shooting boots on we could have been 4 up. We're easily the better side 
  • Options
    Garner needs to change things at half time & bring on the striker we signed.

Oh wait........

• Options
    Live table isn't looking fun.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    We were tenth. 
  • Options

Oh wait........

Leaburn has played well. 
  • Options
    Playing decent but no killer instinct so far. Chin looks a decent little player to me.
  • Options
    McGrandles, FWIW, doesn't look like a footballer, in his physique. He's gangly, not much muscle, his ears are too big for his head... 

Nothing about his ability (though he hasn't done much in his Charlton career so far) 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    _MrDick said:
    And Woolacott blames the defence for him dropping the cross 😔🙄
    He never had it in his hands in the first place... Butter wrists
    He is going to do well in the World Cup!!
    Lets not over-react... He's been solid for us this season so far
    I feel more comfortable with WollaKeeper between the sticks than MacKeeper.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Oh wait........

Leaburn has played well. 
    Well.. he's contributed about as much as Stockley does to be fair.
  • Options
    Striker anyone?

{runs for cover and realises still got the grenade in my hand}
  • Options
    Clare is a shit right back defensively. He gets sucked into the centre leaving the left winger with the freedom of Greenwich time and time again. He cost us 2 points against Cambridge and he was at blame for that ball being crossed unchallenged into our box tonight.
  • Options
    Not a bad half of football. We've pretty much dominated and  been the better but FGR are no mugs and have shown they can be a threat if we don't keep switched on.... Which we didn't and they showed us. 

Payne great display, tenacious and technical. 
    Chin, some good moments, some shaky moments, not an upgrade on Clayden but no worse either.
    Mcgrandles, not that impressed (yet) yeah he ain't played much at all since pre season but still, only seems to have one pace setting of "jog" moment towards the end of the half where FGR man left Dobson on the floor, Mcgrandles was the closest player to close him down and had a little stroll over. Would get JFC on for him second half tbh. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Should have signed Connor Wickham. Scored more goals this season than Stockley 🤭😄. 

• Options
    edited September 2022
    Get this lad a contract. Crossbar Challenge defeated.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    WE have a crossbar winner, £11.500 well done mate looked the part, apparently went to the same school as Ben Watson... :D
  • Options
    Clare is a shit right back defensively. He gets sucked into the centre leaving the left winger with the freedom of Greenwich time and time again. He cost us 2 points against Cambridge and he was at blame for that ball being crossed unchallenged into our box tonight.
    The cross wasn't threatening until Wollacott made it so
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Oh wait........

Leaburn has played well. 
    Has he. Would people be saying the same if that was Stockley?

I really don’t think they would. 
  • Options
    FGR have looked awful, but we gifted them an equaliser.

We're easily the better team, but the usual question marks haven't gone away, about our ruthlessness in front of goal and defensive weaknesses down the flanks 
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Oh wait........

Leaburn has played well. 
    Has he. Would people be saying the same if that was Stockley?

I really don’t think they would. 
    Leaburn has kept up with play at least
  • Options
    If Stockley had played like Miles in that first half the usual comments would have been filling this forum. The kid has done nothing wrong but has he had a chance, no.
  • Options
    Booooom crossbar challenge won !!!
    fuck this wank league one shit
    after all those fucking wally attempts 
    a proper player turns up and chips it on to bar 
    £11.5k wallop 
  • Options
    Lots of huff and puff but lacking finishing as per usual regardless of personnel. Not sure that Leaburn suits this formation either. 

Hopefully getting up at 4.30 will be worth it. 

Sad looking crowd in more ways than one. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!