Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Re-emergence of a CL bug

edited September 2022 in Troubleshooting
Hey Admins

This bug seems to have re-emerged for me on both mobile and desktop browser.

Whenever I post on a subject I see my own posts as unread. It's only a small UX thing, but is a bit annoying. 

I remember this occurring a few years back too. Might be a quick fix.

Comments

• Options
    I didn’t think it had gone away
  • Options
    It's been like this for a few weeks now
  • Options
    I didn’t think it had gone away
    it hasn't
  • Options
    There’s me thinking I’d broke Charltonlife 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Yeah i've had it for a while, a bit annoying 
  • Options
    I've had a couple of AVG warnings when opening up certain threads
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2022
    is this really all we have to worry about ?
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    The most annoying one is where you're typing a reply and your text gets pulled up into the other person's quote 
    That one's not actually a bug, it's because you've deleted the hidden markup characters that indicate the end of the previous quote. It's reasonably easy to fix on desktop (not sure if you've got the option on mobile),  if you use the </> icon to view and edit the code.
  • Options
    I blame the parents
  • Options
    I blame the parents Portsmouth fans.

• Options
    When you open a thread you’ve already been in and there’s a few more new posts you don’t go in to where the next one is you’re a few back that you’ve already read 
  • Options
    When you open a thread you’ve already been in and there’s a few more new posts you don’t go in to where the next one is you’re a few back that you’ve already read 
    I sometimes come out at the bottom of the next page and have to scroll up.
  • Options
    eaststandmike said:
    I seem to end up at the top of the page and have to scroll down 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

(Mobile at least, not been on the desktop site for ages)
  • Options
    RedRyan said:
    eaststandmike said:

Same for me on mobile, but not on every thread.

I also have the issue when it goes to the bottom of the page and have to scroll up, but again not on every thread.

iPhone and iOS 16 (although it was also happening on 15.6).
  • Options
    is this really all we have to worry about ?
    No but it is annoying and is a bug, therefore was flagging it.
  • Options
    Ross said:
    RedRyan said:
    eaststandmike said:

Same for me on mobile, but not on every thread.

I also have the issue when it goes to the bottom of the page and have to scroll up, but again not on every thread.

iPhone and iOS 16 (although it was also happening on 15.6).
    To note this is also happening on the desktop version on Edge.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Having trouble logging in on my iPad. Error1001comes up and says charltonlife is on the Cloudflare network and cannot resolve my requested domain. Is working ok on my iPhone ( obviously )   Any help much appreciated 👍
  • Options
    Are people still getting the Live beam adverts?. Very pleasant on the eye......and before you ask the answer is no I haven't 😇.
  • Options
    Those ads piss me off.
  • Options
    Are people still getting the Live beam adverts?. Very pleasant on the eye......and before you ask the answer is no I haven't 😇.
    No, but I'm still getting images of jugs. Coffee jugs that is  :)

• Options
    @aliwibble see the notes about the dodgy adverts above. Being seen by so many people now, so can't be based on people's internet history!
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    The most annoying one is where you're typing a reply and your text gets pulled up into the other person's quote 
    this has been a pain for a couple of weeks now. Always on my Android.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Chunes said:
    this has been a pain for a couple of weeks now. Always on my Android.
    Dr Ali recommends this remedy:

"That one's not actually a bug, it's because you've deleted the hidden markup characters that indicate the end of the previous quote. It's reasonably easy to fix on desktop (not sure if you've got the option on mobile),  if you use the </> icon to view and edit the code."

Many thanks to @aliwibble. Solved the problem on my laptop but don't know if it works on Android.

• Options
    Ross said:
    @aliwibble see the notes about the dodgy adverts above. Being seen by so many people now, so can't be based on people's internet history!
    You mean these ones.....

• Options
    Maybe a new song. 

"Come when we're winning, 
    I only come when we're winning." 
  • Options
    On Charltonlife that is!!