Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club Shop RIP

Comments

• Options
    https://shop.wolves.co.uk/gifts-accessories/souvenirs/

It's possible as Wolves have such gifts and souvenirs on sale in their shop.

Castore just aren't capable, IMHO, of servicing all the clubs/teams they've taken on, their middle managers can't make decisions and the club has outsourced the shop so has no real clout in this.
    Do Castore run the Wolves shop ?
  • Options
    Sandgaard doing the things Roland always wanted to do.
    What is the protest level threshold? Anyone know?
    There isnt one. People are so enamoured that he "saved the club" that he could merge us with Millwall & there wouldn't even be a whimper. 
  • Options
    “WE’VE GOT SUPER BENNY GARNER.” “HE KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT WE NEED!”
  • Options
    If the club shop dying keeps match day ticket prices down that's a plus from me 
  • Options
    Project break even 
    But not Project Triple Income
  • Options
    Simply not what supporters want. Not interested in going in there now. Used to always pop in before games with grandson to buy him something 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There's always the opportunity to boycott the shop until normal service resumes...

Its the only language most money men know/hear. 
  • Options
    I generally bought my son something when he was young, whether it was a football or a shirt. 
  • Options
    HandG said:
    It is sad to report the demise of the Charlton Athletic Club Shop, which has ceased to supply the usual wide range of products that we all like to see and where we are happy to spend our hard earned cash on match days. During the summer, much of the shelving was removed and it now only stocks Castore brand clothing. No longer can you purchase programmes, handbooks, scarves, tea mugs, player photos, badges, key rings, autograph books,drink holders, wallets, pens, footballs, kit bags, calendars, books or all the usual items that are readily available in the other 91 club shops. What a disgraceful state of affairs. Did we really want our Club Shop to have become the Castore Clothes Store
    It’s another poor decision. 

In 2021-22, the kids and families could get affordable tickets and after a game, said kids would want to buy some merchandise - on an impromptu basis (speaking as a tired, weak father of lots of demanding children) a £5-£10 limit would be set and a pendant, badge, ball, scarf etc could be purchased. 

Even if a walk up fan stumped up the £35 for him, and £15 for his 13 year old, to watch us play Morecambe or Forest Green this season, he’s not too likely to shell out £45 on a shirt afterwards is he? 

Or £80 for a child’s tracksuit top…

In times when it’s increasingly hard to get kids to support our local teams, this is so stupid. My boy doesn’t really yet have any interest in watching football but it hasn’t stopped me from buying him several kits etc. 

No doubt he’ll be asking me for City, Chelsea stuff in a few years time and seeing crap like this makes me think I’ll just go to sports direct and buy him it. 
  • Options
    The "Club Superstore" is now the "Replica Shirt and Shorts Shop."
  • Options
    yeah the decline of the online shop aswell is plain to see, i dont think TS is a bad person just think he massively underestimated what owning a football club would be like its not his 24/7 job its a small interest and something to be flash about.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2022
    The stall by Ransom Walk is better when it is there.
  • Options
    If enough people take the trouble to write to the club it might have some effect. 
  • Options
    If enough people take the trouble to write to the club it might have some effect. 
    The club are well aware of the situation. It was discussed at length at the recent Fans Forum meeting. The shop is a franchise deal between Charlton and Castore. Part of the arrangement is for Castore to run the shop and it must be assumed that there is nothing in the agreement that stipulates they must sell Charlton memorabilia. So we are stuck with their expensive clothing and cannot even purchase a copy of our Handbook or a tea mug. Quite ridiculous.
    I doubt they’ll sell very much. That might focus their mind ?
  • Options
    I reckon more people nowadays buy online than in store ..  when I am at away games I always have a wander round the oppo's club shop .. thing is, as with the lamented CAFC shop, the merchandise is all too often well overpriced .. one club, can't recall which had a pencil on sale for £3, that is ONE pencil .. usually the browsers outnumber the buyers 10 to 1

Perhaps the CAFC museum entrepreneurs can open a little sideline stall selling souvenirs of a trip to the Valley
  • Options
    The club are well aware of the situation. It was discussed at length at the recent Fans Forum meeting. The shop is a franchise deal between Charlton and Castore. Part of the arrangement is for Castore to run the shop and it must be assumed that there is nothing in the agreement that stipulates they must sell Charlton memorabilia. So we are stuck with their expensive clothing and cannot even purchase a copy of our Handbook or a tea mug. Quite ridiculous.
    Hence my point made twice that the T and Cs were not scrutinised adequately before said contract was signed.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing !
  • Options
    I’m honestly surprised by the amount of people saying they go in regularly and spend money in there.

About 95% of the time I’ve been in, I walk back out with nothing.
  • Options
    honestly i usually do an end of season shop of the shirts that are heavily reduced as i wear them round the house the training ones in particular whilst on there i usually buy a couple of small bits to get free delivery