Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Club Shop RIP

Comments

• There is gonna be a time this season that everyone who wants a shirt will buy one,anyone who wants too begrudgingly buy a rip of price tracksuit/polo shirt will end,at some point very soon with the dwindling crowds,nothing will be bought in the shop…the decision makers have totally fucked this up too…it at the moment seems an ongoing problem with all that is dying with our club & as much as I wanted this too work…there is one man & one man only who holds the keys…will he listen,seems like “will he fuck” right now…!!
  • shine166 said:
    cafc999 said:
    With the lack of pubs near the ground you would have thought the club use that to captilise on.
    a)I'd presume there's not many pubs in the area for a reason, b)certainly don't need another bar when there's crossbars half empty and massive. 

I get the using that building for another purpose idea, but we still need physical spaces for merch on match days. Could use a kiosk in each stands concourse like they do in the states. 
    b)Maybe because it's souless with shite beer, shite service/shite staff & resembles a fucking airport departure lounge & with (the last time I went there years ago admittedly) plastic glasses.

a) There's not many Pubs in the area because they depend on daily custom. In the premier years they may have made enough on a home game to help see them through the week. Obviously those days have long gone........ sadly just like the pubs themselves.
    Shit beer or not, it's rammed when we are playing well.
  • DOUCHER said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    cafc999 said:
    With the lack of pubs near the ground you would have thought the club use that to captilise on.
    a)I'd presume there's not many pubs in the area for a reason, b)certainly don't need another bar when there's crossbars half empty and massive. 

I get the using that building for another purpose idea, but we still need physical spaces for merch on match days. Could use a kiosk in each stands concourse like they do in the states. 
    b)Maybe because it's souless with shite beer, shite service/shite staff & resembles a fucking airport departure lounge & with (the last time I went there years ago admittedly) plastic glasses.

a) There's not many Pubs in the area because they depend on daily custom. In the premier years they may have made enough on a home game to help see them through the week. Obviously those days have long gone........ sadly just like the pubs themselves.
    Shit beer or not, it's rammed when we are playing well.
    agreed - i think its a great bar - beer might not be brilliant but how many clubs have a bar that runs and overlooks the entire width of the pitch that everyone can get into for free? one of the positive moves that have happened over the last few years and as said, when doing well, we need more of them so convert the now pointless club shop if its staying like that - we should have full control of these bars, not franchise out as should be big money spinners
    Any time I bring a mate from other clubs, they absolutely love it in there. 
  • There used to be an additional portacabin club shop behind the AC stand. Something like that with some nic naks would do 
  • Whichever way you look at it this move is a clear sign that there is a lack of interest in promoting the club
  • So, here we are at the start of next season. The original scarfy has been eaten by moths while in storage. Where are we going to get a replacement for the photo opportunity for the shiny new forward we'll be unveiling?
  • I’m hoping the club shop has improved recently, i went in 4 weeks ago? and there was very little to buy in there, bought the reason that stuff was still on the high seas, and would / shouod be in by September, I know the  clubs getting a bit of a kicking from a lots of fronts at the moment, feels like death by a thousand cuts.

Ive bought all sorts of ‘toot’ down the years from the club shop, seems weird they don’t want to take our cash?
    There is nothing to buy but Castore Clothing. It is not our Club Shop any more
    Now that is pretty sad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Was the shop open today?
  • SporadicAddick said:
    PopIcon said:
    Was the shop open today?
    I understand it was, with a trestle table at the back full of discounted stuff they found in the attic - Charlton mugs, teddies, knickers emblazoned with “I scored at Charlton”, scarves, bobble hats and various Charlton books and train timetables. The man at the counter said they needed the space for a new delivery of Castore gold lame shell suits that will retail at £299.

true story. 😐
    Interested in the ‘ I scored at Charlton knickers’ can you use your Valley gold discount card?
  • When Saandgard refused to appoint a "football man" to run the club on a day to day basis, along the lines of it being a lot easier than people make out.............well, this is just one of the many ways that show how wrong he was
  • went in a couple of days ago, asked if they were getting any of the normal stuff like scarves and mugs etc, was told they are expecting some mugs and earrings etc, but did not know when and what if anything else was coming 
  • They have a few small non-Castore stuff now. Not sure when and if more will be coming but we can hope.
  • Sage said:
    They have a few small non-Castore stuff now. Not sure when and if more will be coming but we can hope.
    What stuff is it
  • all I will say is I came over with 2 others last saturday who were strictly speakiong non-charlton fans- the other two wanted a memento of the day as non-charlton fans and there was nothing for them to buy. I'm sure it isn't a money spinner at all, but the club shop lost at least £100 because it was just full of pretty ugly (in my opinion) shirts. 

Alternatively, they both saw last years 3rd kit and loved it - the black and gold one. The only reason we went in is because they wanted that shirt because its pretty gorgeous to even a non-supporter. Can't get it anywhere. Ridiculous.
  • Sponsored links:

• Alcafc1 said:
    Sage said:
    They have a few small non-Castore stuff now. Not sure when and if more will be coming but we can hope.
    What stuff is it
    Millwall mugs
  • A club shop where you cannot buy hats and scarves, I'll be at Beckenham tomorrow, they'll have more stuff there for supporters.
    And their shop is a garden shed! 
  • Must admit I haven't been into the club shop this season and until today hadn't looked at the website. 
    I can understand people's annoyance. The club seem to be being very shortsighted. Besides no scarves, keyrings, mugs etc not being on the website thre is not even a full kit! You can't buy any socks. 

A more general question. Our supposed away kit, the white one which I don't think we've ever worn, shows the sponsor as University of Greenwich rather than RSK. Is that right? 
  • redman said:
    Must admit I haven't been into the club shop this season and until today hadn't looked at the website. 
    I can understand people's annoyance. The club seem to be being very shortsighted. Besides no scarves, keyrings, mugs etc not being on the website thre is not even a full kit! You can't buy any socks. 

A more general question. Our supposed away kit, the white one which I don't think we've ever worn, shows the sponsor as University of Greenwich rather than RSK. Is that right? 
    Yes.
  • Have we been told by the people who signed the contract with Castore, how long it's for ? 

If not, a little bird told me....
  • Have we been told by the people who signed the contract with Castore, how long it's for ? 

I think Wayne Mumford was keen to make the point it was a longer contract than before; have a feeling it was five years.
  • Took delivery of nephews kit today, along with a nice shiny catalogue. Not CAFC related though, just Castore pushing their golf, tennis and gym wear.

I think Wayne Mumford was keen to make the point it was a longer contract than before; have a feeling it was five years.
    That's what I was told, AB.
  • Turn it into a CL club house ………for clique members only of course.🫣