Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Barnsley vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 24th September 2022 - 3pm KO | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    We occupy the absolute middle of the table, 3 points from the play off zone, 3 points from the relegation zone.
    I am hoping that Egbo and Sessegnon start as full backs, that Inniss is NOT in the team and Clare is in the midfield, or in a back three in a 3 5 2 formation, BUT, as I always say. I can't see this happening. ever lol

A point at least from this one. Barnsley have scored the same number of goals as us and conceded two goals less. This is a VERY tight league. Given the right selection, we could put out the strongest available side so far this season, except goalkeeper

Barnsley 2 V CAFC 2
  • Options
    2-3 Charlton win
  • Options
    Looking at some of the above comments I see the delivery of rose tinted glasses has arrived.

Would obviously love a win and would snatch your hand off for a point but sadly I can’t see past a Barnsley victory.

Would not put money on Harness being in goal either, I reckon it will be Mac
  • Options
    I am tipping our keeper to have a great game. It happens so often in football.
  • Options

Call me a crazy fantasist but I can see this ending 1-1
    Positivity personified.. ;)
  • Options
    MacGillivray is either going to have the best or worst game of his career tomorrow.
  • Options
    Away win at 9/4 with Bet 365.
    1-2 Charlton win all day long
  • Options
    Looking forward to first away game in years. On train already. We're not going because of the football of course , but because Barnsley's only Indie nightclub bar is open tonight. Music will be as gloomy (hopefully) as the football. Fingers crossed they will let a bunch of over 50 year olds with Lahndan accents in. Other Lifers welcome! https://m.facebook.com/OpiumIndieBar/

The Old No. 7 boozer is awesome. Great ales and dirt cheap.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Wollacott our player of the season so far. In his absence t'north will rise again.
  • Options
    COYR. Time for a win. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    6-0 to The Tykes...
  • Options
    I'd have Sessignon & Egbo as wing backs with the 3 usual players at centre half. Midfield of Fraser & Dobson with a front 3 of JRS, Payne & CBT. That will give Barnsley something to think about......and although it would probably lead to a loss I think that's probably on the cards anyway.

2-1 to the Tykes.
  • Options
    Badly need a win to stop the table slide. Cannot believe we do not have an official.left back, just seems such poor planning linked to our budget. A budget that Garner alludes to having already been spent, no doubt on wages of Anneke and Stockley. Barnsley will be tough and we need to start better than last week. 2-0 Barnsley, very few positives.
  • Options
    Wollacott our player of the season so far. In his absence t'north will rise again.
    Not really. 
  • Options
    At present we can't rely on anybody to score goals, and we can't rely on the defenders keeping a clean sheet.
    That can change obviously, but it doesn't exactly inspire confidence going into games.
    But hey, we can get where we want to be in 2 or 3 windows, so what's not to like.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    We have to get CBT and JRS to up their composure as they are our main goal threat and get enough chances to make a difference. For me our season rests on them more than anybody else.
  • Options
    Mack likely to start in goal; Innis probably back and just as likely to get a red card as break down; Dobson the consumate breaker-up of play being asked to play a different role and Stockley a misfit in the system. That's our spine.
    Rikki Tikki Tavi and CBT all baubles and no Christmas Tree.
    I'm out of belief and confidence. Let's hope the players aren't.
    But some of them need to step up to the plate and make things happen.
    I can't see anything but a home win.
  • Options
    Looking forward to first away game in years. On train already. We're not going because of the football of course , but because Barnsley's only Indie nightclub bar is open tonight. Music will be as gloomy (hopefully) as the football. Fingers crossed they will let a bunch of over 50 year olds with Lahndan accents in. Other Lifers welcome! https://m.facebook.com/OpiumIndieBar/

The Old No. 7 boozer is awesome. Great ales and dirt cheap.
    Where is everybody ? It is 11 pm and Barney's Opium Bar has Nirvana on. Lifers home soft? No wonder the club is going down the pooper. No steel these days.  All about George Ezra. 
  • Options
    Barnsley poor at home , we are poor away - 0 - 0 written all over it
  • Options
    "Gertcha yer little tyke"  was a phrase directed at me by Mum when I played up as a small child. 

Let's hope Charlton play up today.  A 1-2 win with goals from Stockley.  (The law of averages has to kick in soon).  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My first away game. 1-2 win 
  • Options
    If the management and the team are as despondent as the fans since the closure of the transfer window, I can only see a 3-0 or 4-0 defeat.

I feel that debacle regarding the failure to sign a striker, has really knocked the stuffing out of everyone, staff and fans alike.

Reality is now hitting home. Sad times!
    agreed - best we can hope for is a low scoring draw - realistically a comprehensive defeat - we play all guns blazing football with no ammunition 
  • Options
    masicat said:
    Could be RakSakyi on the bench. 
    yes - it does feel like we should be holding a bit of pace / threat back for the last half hour when it opens up a bit rather than putting it all on from the start
  • Options
    I can make a decent case for any of the three possible outcomes. The good news is I’m tipping us to lose which means we probably won’t. 
  • Options
    On train to Sheffield there are delays because of an incident ahead of us
  • Options
    God knows why but feeling a Charlton win. 1-0 Stockley to finally break his open duct. 

Would like to see more crosses being put in for heading not always drilled along the floor! Understand Stockley aint the most mobile but he biggest strength is heading! 
  • Options
    Strange that when the top two divisions are not playing that we have been given a rookie ref. 1st league 1 game and only a handful of league 2 games in his whole career. 
  • Options
    This looks decent 

Maison Du Biere
  • Options
    robroy said:
    This looks decent 

Maison Du Biere
    Scrap that it’s closed 
  • Options
    2-0 Charlton.
    Egbo and Sess back giving the defence more balance. Not McG's biggest fan but be will do ok.
    Our first team is top 6 minis a striker we just have no depth.  We are close to full strength.  Barnsley are not Man City
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!