Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Barnsley vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 24th September 2022 - 3pm KO | Match Preview

13»

Comments

• Watching Exeter dismantling FGR 3-0 away and only half time. Makes me think again that Matt Taylor would have been a good choice for us. Anyway shows how bad we were not beating FGR at home. Scandalous performance but I'm sure the stats say otherwise ha.
  • Sky have just said that all Goals from league 1 will be shown live on Sky sport news 409

• cabbles said:
    First thing.  So pleased it’s going ahead.  I found it quite embarrassing we were having games called off over the last few seasons because of international call ups.  Wasn’t it last season with Wassim Aoucharia?  The bloke didn’t get a sniff of first team football and now plays for Waterford, and I swear he was one of our 3 ‘internationals’.  Gunter was literally called up to the Wales squad as a Bale fan boy and the only one that really constituted a playing international was Washington.  So quite embarrassing all round.  Rant over.

This will be tough.  I can see Morgan coming back in for Payne.  Your front free is probably correct, will Kirk even make the bench?  He could bring him back into the fold but Mansfield may still be preferred.  

2-0 Barnsley.  
    Or turning it around, the fact that in most previous seasons we had 3 callups and this season just 1, is a sign that our team on paper is weaker this season...

4 games called off in L1 incidentally
  • cabbles said:
    First thing.  So pleased it’s going ahead.  I found it quite embarrassing we were having games called off over the last few seasons because of international call ups.  Wasn’t it last season with Wassim Aoucharia?  The bloke didn’t get a sniff of first team football and now plays for Waterford, and I swear he was one of our 3 ‘internationals’.  Gunter was literally called up to the Wales squad as a Bale fan boy and the only one that really constituted a playing international was Washington.  So quite embarrassing all round.  Rant over.

This will be tough.  I can see Morgan coming back in for Payne.  Your front free is probably correct, will Kirk even make the bench?  He could bring him back into the fold but Mansfield may still be preferred.  

2-0 Barnsley.  
    Or turning it around, the fact that in most previous seasons we had 3 callups and this season just 1, is a sign that our team on paper is weaker this season...

Absolutely... you'll get loads of support on here with the view that Gunter leaving is a sign that our squad is worse...
  • 2-0 Charlton.
    Egbo and Sess back giving the defence more balance. Not McG's biggest fan but be will do ok.
    Our first team is top 6 minis a striker we just have no depth.  We are close to full strength.  Barnsley are not Man City
    Bang on Athletico, Barnsley are not Man City
  • Was thinking about buying the stream but am quite enjoying the womens game on the BBC now, who knew Leonard Nimoy played for Spurs?
  • Sponsored links:

• Jonniesta said:
    cabbles said:

2-0 Barnsley.  

Absolutely... you'll get loads of support on here with the view that Gunter leaving is a sign that our squad is worse...
    I wasn't necessarily talking about us last season, but in general teams with international players (unless they're for really small countries) are likely to be amongst the stronger ones in L1
  • Out of interest why is this being streamed?  I thought 3pm games weren’t streamed in the Uk 
  • edited September 2022
    Jonniesta said:
    cabbles said:

2-0 Barnsley.  

I wasn't necessarily talking about us last season, but in general teams with international players (unless they're for really small countries) are likely to be amongst the stronger ones in L1
    The Swindon away game, that we could have called off but didn't, still gives me chills. 
  • edited September 2022
    No specific match thread ?

Is this it then ?

Edit

Ignore....just seen it. 

• Ahhh our song is playing on the Stream…

so much of the guitar on that track isn’t Thomas’ playing , such a deluded person!
  • Swisdom said:
    Out of interest why is this being streamed?  I thought 3pm games weren’t streamed in the Uk 
    Allowed on international weekends 
  • Swisdom said:
    Out of interest why is this being streamed?  I thought 3pm games weren’t streamed in the Uk 
    For whatever reason they can stream on the international break weekend… ! No idea why….
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!