Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Barnsley vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 24th September 2022 - 3pm

Comments

• Options
    Great shot from Morgan... 
  • Options
    Barnsley pressing us high up the pitch, and causing problems, which seems to be a theme from a lot teams we face TBH.

We don't seem to have this "high press" at all. 
  • Options
    Morgan argh
  • Options
    Mac continuing from last season ...
  • Options
    Should have equalised there, Morgans follow up was shocking
  • Options
    That’s an unbelievable goal ffs
    Funny what happens when you shoot  
  • Options
    Great ball from O'Connell to JRS who gets into the Barnsley box, but can't quite control and Morgan's shot goes high up into the stand behind the goal.
  • Options
    A Morgan special there. Runs on to the ball from a rebound and miscues it 20 yards over the bar.
  • Options
    Nobody near him, too easy
  • Options
    Now we have to respond with an equally good strike.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mac needs to get his eyeballs sorted out. He loves letting in the long shots…
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    FFS, anyone else than Morgan with that chance and we would have been level... :s
  • Options
    CBT concedes a free kick on the halfway line.
  • Options
    Compare with Morgan’s effort 
  • Options
    A shame JRS didn't control that straight away, as he would have had a good chance of an immediate equaliser 
  • Options
    Long ball forward from Dobbo, but Stockley's offside.
  • Options
    We keep getting in behind them which is encouraging at least. 
  • Options
    We look very thin in midfield again. 
  • Options
    CM back in goal for 10 mins and we concede an out of the blue “worldy” for the first time in ages. Coincidence?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've spent 20 minutes trying to get the pass for the match and have signed up using different emails, it says I've been sent an email but have nothing through on any of them.

Think I will just save myself the hassle/cash.
  • Options
    Another long throw for Barnsley from our right.
  • Options
    Great goal but no one shut him down.

For
    Fuck
    Sake
    As others have said, I think you let him have a 35 yard pop. Make him beat you with an absolute worldie. Unfortunately, this time he did.

Really frustrating. We've started well but we seem to have developed a habit of falling behind. It then lets teams sit a little deeper so we don't have the space to run in behind, and then they can look to hit us in transition where we've looked very shaky at times this year. 
  • Options
    ozaddick said:
    Mac continuing from last season ...
    Bit harsh, it was a great strike. If there’s blame anywhere it was on the midfield/defence not closing down 
  • Options
    Bit of head tennis, one of their players get the ball into the net but he's already been flagged offside.
  • Options
    We've lost a little confidence. 
  • Options
    JRS comes back deep to clear, passes to Egbo under pressure. and his backpass to McG gets hoofed upfield.
  • Options
    You let him take that shot 100 times, it only goes in once. A goal of the season contender for the home side.
    No you don't, you close him down and don't let him shoot at all...... criminal defending. 
  • Options
    Play is as flat as anything!
    midfield very poor, stockley looks bored
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!