Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fifa 23

I was lucky to be chosen buy EA Sports to test the game for a couple of months before release. I have to say it took some getting used to as the gameplay is slower. As I continued to play though I must say I really enjoyed. Will definitely be buying. Release on 30/09/22.

Comments

• First FIFA in nearly 15 years I'm not buying, mainly due to going back through my account and finding that I've sunk over 12k into FIFA points over that period (tbf there was a 3 year period within that where I was competing in pro tourneys for a bitnand got some of it back in sponsorship and prize money, but still)
  • This is the last one from EA Sports.
  • This is the last one from EA Sports.
    Well, the last one called FIFA. Same game next year, will just be called EA Sports FC instead.

Can see EFootball (previously PES) Trying to get the FIFA rights, but at the same time they're asking for astronomical amounts for the rights apparently 
  • I’d get it if they overhaul Pro Clubs but I haven’t heard any good news on that front. 
  • I gave up buying the latest FIFA on launch day years ago, I can wait until April for a sale and pay a 5th of the price. 
  • I will be playing Ultimate Team throughout the season again. Chemistry system looks baffling, but otherwise, looking forward to it. Was in Elite division other than when relegated at the end of each mini season throughout last year and hope they haven’t changed the game too much as I was competitive in 95%+ of the games I played last year. Pros can blow me away still, but no shame in that.
  • Ted Lasso and AFC Richmond are included in this season release!

• Going to wait for next seasons game, will finally do the league 2 to Premier league career mode, with Charlton... 
  • Early release has come out early on my PS5. 10 hours full gameplay through EA Play.
  • James86 said:
    Early release has come out early on my PS5. 10 hours full gameplay through EA Play.
    Oh wow, could you post a picture of the Charlton squad they have if you get a chance? I don't get mine until tonight and I've been looking all over the internet but haven't seen it listed.
  • Sponsored links:

• SDAddick said:
    James86 said:
    Early release has come out early on my PS5. 10 hours full gameplay through EA Play.
    Oh wow, could you post a picture of the Charlton squad they have if you get a chance? I don't get mine until tonight and I've been looking all over the internet but haven't seen it listed.
    https://www.futbin.com/players?page=1&club=89
  • SDAddick said:
    James86 said:
    Awesome, thank you! None of the Fifa sites I use had it. 

Weird that there's no Clayden, given he's made what, three league starts? Glad they have Campbell and Kanu though. 
  • SDAddick said:
    SDAddick said:
    James86 said:

Weird that there's no Clayden, given he's made what, three league starts? Glad they have Campbell and Kanu though. 
    Clayden is on the game. I’ll have a look at his rating when I go back on. 
  • James86 said:
    SDAddick said:
    SDAddick said:
    James86 said:

Clayden is on the game. I’ll have a look at his rating when I go back on. 
    Ah ok thanks, no rush. They usually do a couple of big roster updates around the time of launch. 
  • Clayden OVR 51

CBT Pace 91 
    DJ Pace 90 

Not too bad to have on the wings. 
  • James86 said:
    Clayden OVR 51

CBT Pace 91 
    DJ Pace 90 

Not too bad to have on the wings. 
    DJ pace 90 hahaha
  • I was lucky to be chosen buy EA Sports to test the game for a couple of months before release. I have to say it took some getting used to as the gameplay is slower. As I continued to play though I must say I really enjoyed. Will definitely be buying. Release on 30/09/22.
    Did you get a copy free as a reward for testing? Never been chosen to do that, currently got EA play to get a free 10 hours, debating whether to buy it still. I do know someone who potentially could get a free one but not confirmed, if not i'll end up buying it no doubt
  • Played a few hours yesterday, most players I came up against have ridiculous teams already. Personally refuse to buy fifa points and finding it tough at the moment. 
  • ButtleJR said:
    Played a few hours yesterday, most players I came up against have ridiculous teams already. Personally refuse to buy fifa points and finding it tough at the moment. 
    Yep i played one person who had Haaland already and Van Djk, tell me you bought your team without saying it...  I lost to them in the 89th minute a Haaland shot outside the box 2-3 lol 

Ended up playing a few 83/84 which i was just losing, my team is currently 80 rated all prem, packed from rewards Reece James but not used yet. 
  • My Nephew plays Fifa religiously every year (Personally the game doesnt change for me, same every year!) but he spent £80 on ultimate team before it even released. Proper waste of money I think and surely takes the fun out of building up a team through effort and skill?  
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2022
    My Nephew plays Fifa religiously every year (Personally the game doesnt change for me, same every year!) but he spent £80 on ultimate team before it even released. Proper waste of money I think and surely takes the fun out of building up a team through effort and skill?  
    Paying extra just gives you a little helping hand, slightly ahead of the game. It doesn't give you the team guranteed, think i have bought the ultimate edition a couple of times and its just a bit of hope that you get a good player early to bring in the coins or boost your team. 

I mean it works, in the past i had never paid for points but last year got roped in paid about £50 overall the whole season (minimal compared to people literally spend £1000) in the past i haven't spent any more, this year i doubt i will. 

I think the early release and few extra packs itself you still need to grind it properly and build your team unless you get a lucky pick.
  • If you’re planning on buying it make sure to get EA Play first. 

Sign up to 1 month trial and cancel straight away. It’s 79p but gives you 10% off the game. So you’ll save £6 on the standard edition and £9 on the ultimate edition. 
  • Played for a few hours yesterday, and think it’s pretty decent. I like the fact that there is a bit more unpredictability in the flow of the game - more deflections, rebounds etc. A bit more true to how the game is played in real life. 

You don’t really get the proper experience though playing as Charlton - just the bigger clubs really.
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    I’d get it if they overhaul Pro Clubs but I haven’t heard any good news on that front. 
    They never do anything to Pro Clubs it seems and its so depressing - It's the best feature on the game IMO and play it with my mates 2x week religiously. Last years Pro Clubs was the worst yet! The levelling up system was completely broken!
  • First time in about 15 years I won’t be buying Fifa, it’s been abysmal the last few years. 
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    I’d get it if they overhaul Pro Clubs but I haven’t heard any good news on that front. 
    They never do anything to Pro Clubs it seems and its so depressing - It's the best feature on the game IMO and play it with my mates 2x week religiously. Last years Pro Clubs was the worst yet! The levelling up system was completely broken!
    Used to love Pro clubs, but then a few got ps5's so we haven't had a team the last couple. Now its crossplay hopefully will pick up again once we all have the game properly, the most fun by far doesn't need any changes really. I default as FUT, but Pro clubs is fun when you have 3/4 or maybe we can get a Charlton Life one going? 
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    Used to love Pro clubs, but then a few got ps5's so we haven't had a team the last couple. Now its crossplay hopefully will pick up again once we all have the game properly, the most fun by far doesn't need any changes really. I default as FUT, but Pro clubs is fun when you have 3/4 or maybe we can get a Charlton Life one going? 
    I don't think Pro Clubs has a crossplay feature sadly :( the below is from the EA website 

• JiMMy 85 said:
    I don't think Pro Clubs has a crossplay feature sadly :( the below is from the EA website 

Well thats rubbish then :( ok well any Charlton life on Ps4 and fancy pro clubs lets make it happen lol 
  • If you’re planning on buying it make sure to get EA Play first. 

Sign up to 1 month trial and cancel straight away. It’s 79p but gives you 10% off the game. So you’ll save £6 on the standard edition and £9 on the ultimate edition. 
    It's £58 for the ultimate edition on CDkeys, no ps5 though unfortunately.
  • arny23394 said:
    First time in about 15 years I won’t be buying Fifa, it’s been abysmal the last few years. 
    Yea, I agree, it's been farcially bad IMO. I finally made the switch to PES last year and it was just as bad. I'll have a go of the demo this year to see if it's improved but I'm not getting my hopes up.