Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fifa 23

2»

Comments

• Options
    alicwkd said:
    arny23394 said:
    First time in about 15 years I won’t be buying Fifa, it’s been abysmal the last few years. 
    Yea, I agree, it's been farcially bad IMO. I finally made the switch to PES last year and it was just as bad. I'll have a go of the demo this year to see if it's improved but I'm not getting my hopes up. 
    Sign up to EA Play (app) for 79p discounted for a month, get the 10 hour free, remember to delete sign up , can usually do it right after. 
  • Options
    alicwkd said:
    arny23394 said:
    First time in about 15 years I won’t be buying Fifa, it’s been abysmal the last few years. 
    Yea, I agree, it's been farcially bad IMO. I finally made the switch to PES last year and it was just as bad. I'll have a go of the demo this year to see if it's improved but I'm not getting my hopes up. 
    Sign up to EA Play (app) for 79p discounted for a month, get the 10 hour free, remember to delete sign up , can usually do it right after. 
    Cheers, will definitely take advantage of this. 
  • Options
    You get 4600 points to open packs with the Ultimate Edition, plus if you played as much as I did last year you got a ton of packs to open when coming back to the game and can do SBC upgrades with your bronze silver and common gold players. My son and his mate (separate accounts) have had insane luck, me less so, but have been lucky in central defence positions. My son packed 6 x 80,000+ coin players within his opening, I would have told him that he is fibbing, but was there watching him, so he has invested in a bloody good team already. His mate got Mbappe in the third pack he opened - lucky git!

I have played 4 Rivals games W2 L2 so far. This side can compete with 80-82/83 sides, anything above that regardless of my capabilities I know I am going to be a bit fcuked.
  • Options
    Just got Haaland tradeable in a 7.5k pack
  • Options
    On the ea play trial and I haven't pre-ordered the game for the first time in a decade, coincidence?!
  • Options
    Oh and on the XBox EA play trial I have Valverde TOTW and Vini Jr both untraceable already too
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Just got Haaland tradeable in a 7.5k pack
    That is great! Apparently pace is not as important as last season too, more about patient build up. 
  • Options
    My Nephew plays Fifa religiously every year (Personally the game doesnt change for me, same every year!) but he spent £80 on ultimate team before it even released. Proper waste of money I think and surely takes the fun out of building up a team through effort and skill?  

I don't get involved with ultimate team for that exact reason.

I'm certainly not great with money. I used to be reasonably careless, but no way would I buy a football player for large sums of real money for ultimate team. Makes zero sense for a lot of reasons. 

I just enjoy playing fifa seasons online. Currently fighting to get back to division 3...with psg
  • Options
    Anyone play on Legendary or Ultimate difficulty?

It feels next to impossible to defend against that level of AI. Every shot goes in. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:

It feels next to impossible to defend against that level of AI. Every shot goes in. 
    Used to up until about 3 games ago, when they changed the defending etc and the AI, who all became laughably overpowered, with a 100% strike rate on shots and a 97% pass rate, even when the teams were silver common players in a squad battles match
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Purchased the ultimate version last night, promised myself I won't buy coins this year as its a slippery slope !.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Legendary AI is almost hilarious, playing career mode with a team in league two and Im dealing with opposition that are constantly doing step-overs, Cruyff turns, tricks and feints that make it impossible to defend. It might be realistic if I was playing against 2011 Barcelona, but this is Mansfield Town and Grimsby. 

Trouble is I find World Class difficulty way too easy, I need a middle ground. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:

I won the champions league with Charlton  on fifa 19.

Difficulty was legendary. 

I won a couple of playoff finals, but strangely enough, the champions league was the only cup I actually won.

No league titles.  I signed a 30 year old deli Ali and an oap lukaku. 

Watching my squad of players lifting the champions league was a rush of adrenaline I don't think I'll ever forget. 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Don’t know how I feel about this Fifa yet. I know it’s early days anyway. Dribbling seems impossible in comparison to other years. Players run like they’re in mud.
  • Options
    James86 said:
    Don’t know how I feel about this Fifa yet. I know it’s early days anyway. Dribbling seems impossible in comparison to other years. Players run like they’re in mud.

Does it feel like an attempt to be more realistic about the way football is played in real life?
  • Options
    This is definitely a more true to life game this year than some previous games, which were more arcade like. The skillers will get accustomed to the new feel and dynamics soon enough, but the pass and trigger movement players like me can have a bit more of a field day until they are caught up. Played 3 more late last night on Rivals and won all three, narrowly. So far, quite enjoying it. Absolutely key is knowing your players’ traits, finesse shots are way less effective this year unless your player has the finesse shooting trait, for example. 
  • Options
    I've played 7 games on rivals so far and absolutely spanked everyone. Sold Haaland and built this squad
  • Options
    Theo Hernandez, Tomori and Dybala (and any of the Serie A Heroes) aside, it's probably the strongest Serie A team I can make right now, Immobile in particular plays like prime R9 for me
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Theo Hernandez, Tomori and Dybala (and any of the Serie A Heroes) aside, it's probably the strongest Serie A team I can make right now, Immobile in particular plays like prime R9 for me
    That’s a great early game team. A fair bit of pace in the mix, not that it really matters at this stage too much. Do you keep to that formation?
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    James86 said:

Does it feel like an attempt to be more realistic about the way football is played in real life?
    I've only played the test game. Not played the finished version. Not sure how different it is. But I soon got used to it, and started to enjoy. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    That’s a great early game team. A fair bit of pace in the mix, not that it really matters at this stage too much. Do you keep to that formation?
    Yes, I let Chiesa and Berardi roam into the box, and cut inside, I tell the fullbacks to stay back, as well as Tonali, and I let Barella roam too but be aggressive in interceptions, and sub him off with about 20 mins to go. Immobile I play Central, Osimhen get in behind and stay forward. Usually means when I'm attacking I have 4 in and around the box and Barella lurking just outside it, and when defending I have a solid 5 back, with Barella hunting players down and the wingers helping out defensively, but it's quick on the counter with the front 4 looking to break forwards ASAP 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Played a couple games last night on ultimate team for the first time in a few years and what a load of shit.

I must be bottom of the rung but the 2 teams I played against had ridiculous players. Managed to draw the first game 3-3 thanks to a Solanke hattrick but gave up 3-1 down in the second game as the guy had 84+ players all over including Ronaldo and modric against my nobodies.

Seasons was good though, I much prefer the gameplay this year. The dribbling seems a lot more realistic and defenders can actually deal with PSG merchants a lot better.
  • Options
    Done the free trial through EA play (thanks to whoever posted that) - won all 3 games I played online, but didn't particularly enjoy my time with it. A slight improvement on previous years, but not enough for me to pay 70 quid for it.
  • Options
    Two of my mates have sunk 14+ hours each into this Fifa already just off the EA Pass! But these two are obsessed, they put over a month of game time into both of the last two Fifas.
  • Options
    Two of my mates have sunk 14+ hours each into this Fifa already just off the EA Pass! But these two are obsessed, they put over a month of game time into both of the last two Fifas.
    I have calculated 21 days for last season OMG - wake up call - had never thought on calculating the time invested 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    James86 said:

Wait a minute, are you saying that managers don't buy ultimate team packs to fill their squad with players in real life?
  • Options
    I've done my usual and started as Charlton in career mode. I'll normally play 4/5 seasons with us and move onto a bigger team/ start FUT. Made a few signings and I'm top after two games beating Oxford 2-0 and Barnsley 3-2

Disappointed they haven't got the real fixtures as that was always a nice touch but enjoyong the gameplay. Im on legendary which is about right for me.Transfers below:

Sold: 
    Mac
    O'Connell 
    Aneke

Bought:
    Daniel Harvie (LB MK DONS)
    Ryan Hardie (ST PLYMOUTH)
    Macauley Gillesphey (CB PLYMOUTH)
  • Options
    Bought The Legacy edition on switch for my little boy (I was being tight) and he's been glued to it for a couple of days! Had a sneaky go yesterday with Charlton and thought it was pretty good. I haven't played it for years but enjoyed it. Even managed to get 90mins out of Big Chuks! My boy was smashing everyone 10 nil, so I've sneakily put the difficultly level up a couple of notches to annoy him!
  • Options
    After winning my opening 3 games my season has gone very Charlton loosing 3 out of the last 4!

Exeter 3-2 Lost
    Cheltenham 1-1 draw
    Plymouth 2-1 Lost
    Peterborough 3-1 Lost

Loving the game play so much more realistic then before.