Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Now's the time for Sandgaard to SELL UP

Surly as charlton fans and what we have been through before, now is the time to stand up for our club once again, things can not carry on the way they are going because before long we will be playing league 2 football. 

Comments

• Options
    CAST, get a survey sorted! 
    Something official needs to be put across to the ownership 
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    CAST, get a survey sorted! 
    Something official needs to be put across to the ownership 
    A few hundred rubber pigs
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Time to give the club away. How can you sell us with no assets? But Sandgaard is only going to make himself look a bigger fool every day he stays here.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    SDAddick said:
    Gribbo said:
    Yeah time to sell up, it's that easy 
    To who?!?! We were up for sale for years under Roland. We basically operate at a permanent loss of millions of pounds and the ground wouldn't be a part of the sale.

Even if he sold it for one pound, how many people do you think are out there wanting to sink five million quid into a business every year with no clear path at recouping that money, and with all the chances in the world of those finances getting worse?

I'm not a fan of TS, but I feel like people need to understand that he serves the purposes of keeping the club afloat. That is not something that is guaranteed. 
    Do you think I was being serious then?
    Eh sorry, it's still early here. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2022
    The world's full of fuckwits, he must have someone lined up?
  • Options
    ITTV recon there’s multiple suitors ready to step in, but Sandgaard is too stubborn to sell! 

An American group and a Chinese group…
  • Options
    it's easy to put anything up for sale, the hard part is finding a buyer 
  • Options
    He could sell us back to Roland…😣
  • Options
    One thing I will say is if the size of the club is going to shrink, due to years of league 1 football, we might as well be fan owned.  At least in the short, medium, term.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Whoever buys it, has to buy everything. Get rid of Roland at the same time.
  • Options
    Club is losing £8m a year, has no real assets, and facing another minimum 22 months at this level. If by miracle it did get promoted at that point, the budget (with no assets to secure against) would need to minimum triple to compete with the likes of Preston, who also can’t compete. The assets are effectively unbuyable. 

Probably an OTT post as I’m fed up with them ruining my weekend once again, but we are basically fucked imo. 

It was close to death from the ESI deal that separated the assets and then bled money out the club. Sandgaard has effectively taken a personal punt that is going to cost him a lot of his personal wealth, and it extended us as a result. His approach and behaviour generating additional fan disenchantment was probably the last thing we need to throw in the mix right now. We desperately needed him to be a short-term success and then we managed to tie the club back into a more traditional, secure footing, but that just doesn’t look like happening now. 

I genuinely don’t see how we get out of this without it leading to another round of punting chancers. Or we at best flatline and continue to slowly shrink as a club. 

Someone paint me a realistic positive outcome please? 

It all gone Jackson Pollock 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sadly Roland will have the last laugh in this.
  • Options
    Lets put this in some sort of context. All of us, maybe, thought the signs were good at the start of the season, good football played and four points on the board. We then reach the transfer window closing, we then see the loyal staff at the Valley being dismissed in a very American fashion, we now understand the depth of the problem. The problem is and always has been that whatever TS is allegedly worth he doesn't have the cash to maintain the losses and sustain the club, any dismissals, budget cuts and overall lack of investment will not make a dent in his continued losses, worse still he, as Airman predicted, will empty the ground with an absurd pricing policy and poor results further adding to the debt. TS's statements are sometimes absurd, just this week he embarrassed himself by accusing Portsmouth of being big spenders, he followed that by a statement to Charlton supporters declaring himself unaware of free tickets being handed out. He now no longer sends out positive tweets and his last few public comments have all been defensive, what does this mean for us ? He wants out ! It's my belief that he is searching around for a buyer but he needs to convince someone that Charlton is a viable business, hence his ridiculous comments about breaking even. I actually believe Sandgaard will be gone by this seasons end but it needs someone of strong character and wallet to get the club back together as one and provide the impetus to move the club forward. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    One thing I will say is if the size of the club is going to shrink, due to years of league 1 football, we might as well be fan owned.  At least in the short, medium, term.
    how are 'the fans' going to find the necessary £millions to run a club even half the size of CAFC ? 
    They could a club half the size...
  • Options
    Someone paint me a realistic positive outcome please? 
    Give BG time. Keep pressure on TS to buy quality/suitable players. Get fans attending matches. There are 36 games left in the season. Injuries derail even the best teams, and we seem to have avoided Bowyer level outages so far. We have Jesurun Rak-Sakyi.