Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Now's the time for Sandgaard to SELL UP

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Sign up whoever is running the Sidemen youtube channel. Let them run our social media. set up a KSI V Stockley charity boxing match.

full stadium and 10 million viewers. 
    Given how infrequently Stockley hits the target this season I don’t think KSI has too much to worry about!
    KSI v Thomas Driesen and you can name your price. 
  • Options
    To who?

No one will want to pay him for a club without the ground.
    So liquidation seems the only way to become free of yet another looney owner. 
  • Options
    Why would he put us into admin to lose everything though?

We’re  fucked. 
  • Options
    edited September 2022

We’re  fucked. 
    I suppose the question for Thomas is "What is the quickest way you'll lose all your money?" Realistically it's keeping us.

His options are: 

1. Work out a deal with Roland/Roland's son, Buy the Valley & Sparrows Lane - Sell the package. 
    2. Find another looney to buy the club only. 
    3. Sell/Give us back to Roland (if he'll take us)
    4. Get in contact with previously interested parties to work a deal with Roland at the same time as selling them the club. 
    5. Liquidate. 

6. Spend on getting Garner everything he feels is needed to get promoted and continue to focus on growing the academy.

Once promoted see option one. 
  • Options
    The answer, I think, is that there isn't a single person that will buy us.  What is needed is a wealthyish person who is a football fan and (probably) London based who can see the potential.  We all know getting to the Prem brings in £100m+ p.a.  Put together a consortium of around 10 people who all put in £5m+ each (or less initially with commitments over 5 years).  Negotiate with RD for a realistic price (to be paid over 5 years).  Invest in the team and get Cat 1 Academy status. 

Cash in on promising players where neccessary.  Push, over the 5 years, for Championship and aim at the Premier (but be realistic).  It is a risky investment - look how long it took Leeds to get back to the Premier league but an interesting project for the right group of people, and being London based in an area benefitting from growth and the Greenwich effect must be a plus.

Just need to find the right person, with the right contacts.  Having worked in Private Equity its the sort of thing they look at but are very reluctant to invest in sports enterprises because, as we all know, they are not like 'ordinary' businesses.
  • Options
    FAVADDICK said:
    Surly as charlton fans and what we have been through before, now is the time to stand up for our club once again, things can not carry on the way they are going because before long we will be playing league 2 football. 

Surly?  True of some perhaps but harsh on most of us.

As for selling?  What exactly? And to whom?  You do remember what we got the previous twice the "CAFC football business" was sold?
  • Options
    Anyone buying us would have to be as or more  ridiculously naive than TS. Which would end in tears anyway.

• Options
    CafcWest said:
    The answer, I think, is that there isn't a single person that will buy us.  What is needed is a wealthyish person who is a football fan and (probably) London based who can see the potential.  We all know getting to the Prem brings in £100m+ p.a.  Put together a consortium of around 10 people who all put in £5m+ each (or less initially with commitments over 5 years).  Negotiate with RD for a realistic price (to be paid over 5 years).  Invest in the team and get Cat 1 Academy status. 

Cash in on promising players where neccessary.  Push, over the 5 years, for Championship and aim at the Premier (but be realistic).  It is a risky investment - look how long it took Leeds to get back to the Premier league but an interesting project for the right group of people, and being London based in an area benefitting from growth and the Greenwich effect must be a plus.

Just need to find the right person, with the right contacts.  Having worked in Private Equity its the sort of thing they look at but are very reluctant to invest in sports enterprises because, as we all know, they are not like 'ordinary' businesses.
    Isn’t Paul Elliott still looking?
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Off_it said:
    Utterly joyless club to support. 
    I started falling out of love with the club a few years ago under Roland. (EDIT: To be honest, football in general. The Premier League got on my mammaries and that's trickled down to all levels.)

In that time I've focused more on Kent CCC, West Coast Eagles in the AFL and West Perth in the WAFL.

It's only that I'm bringing my grandson to Charlton ("I thought I'd grow up supporting Norwich but I'm a Charlton supporter now") that keeps the Addicks flame burning.

EDIT: I've been on holiday in Majorca since Saturday and although I wore a Charlton top out (and I'll wear one home, because that's the sort of thing I've done for the last 40+ years) and I looked for our score online, my main interest was the AFL Grand Final and then who West Perth would play in next weekend's WAFL Grand Final.

I can't recall a time when I've cared less about the Charlton Athletic Football Club. And that makes me sad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2022
    Off_it said:
    Utterly joyless club to support. 
    I started falling out of love with the club a few years ago under Roland. (EDIT: To be honest, football in general. The Premier League got on my mammaries and that's trickled down to all levels.)

In that time I've focused more on Kent CCC, West Coast Eagles in the AFL and West Perth in the WAFL.

It's only that I'm bringing my grandson to Charlton ("I thought I'd grow up supporting Norwich but I'm a Charlton supporter now") that keeps the Addicks flame burning.

EDIT: I've been on holiday in Majorca since Saturday and although I wore a Charlton top out (and I'll wear one home, because that's the sort of thing I've done for the last 40+ years) and I looked for our score online, my main interest was the AFL Grand Final and then who West Perth would play in next weekend's WAFL Grand Final.

I can't recall a time when I've cared less about the Charlton Athletic Football Club. And that makes me sad.
    Agree, of course, like you, I still get tense on a game day but overall I don’t feel inclined to go and waste my time and money, wished I’d realised that 50 years ago.

Lost interest in football in general many years ago, what used to be a staple diet of Internationals, European and all domestic matches, FA Cup and MOTD, just can’t be arsed. It’s mostly uninspiring, with the odd rarity.

Of course the club is in my 🩸 so can’t disentangle completely but in all the years blah blah blah it’s been a very poor return for my money.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    As I posted on the post match thread, despite being a ST holder, I've decided not to attend the game this Saturday against Oxford. I'm not wasting £50 on fuel + a few quid on food to watch anymore half hearted efforts.
    I can never make midweek games due to the distance, then with Exeter called off, Portsmouth being moved to a Monday, I've only seen a few home games on Saturdays this season, but this Saturday is MY choice not to attend.
    We were desperately crying out for a striker and a natural LB, but didn't get either, that's not careless, it's pure stupidity! 
    I was a TS supporter, but this season is just so disheartening, I want him to sell or completely change his direction and INVEST substantially in the playing squad....but I know he wont and that's what so annoying....you can't get promoted without getting a  FULLY competitive squad together.....and he hasn't - plain and simple!
    Trouble is I doubt there is anyone out there willing to take us on...forget Barclay he didn't even get past first base last time!
    So we are stuck with TS, but unless things change I will not be coming down to any more Saturday home games....in these financially challenging times I'd rather save my petrol and food money, so I've wasted my money on a ST it seems this season, so I certainly won't be buying another ST next year unless there is a massive change in either direction or ownership.
    How sad that TS had the opportunity to really turn this club around....he's failed and we are a mediocre League 1 club.....sad times indeed.
    I know this to be the way with a whole load of peeps,my lot & myself have said pretty much same thing as you have said,they all live away & just can’t be arsed with it all…only difference with me is,I live not so far but,my shift work hasn’t  allowed me to get to many games this season,only done 2 & we were abso pony,can’t make Oxford nor the Sky moved Portsmouth game & also the rearranged Exeter game,would normally have really bothered me before but at mo,the excitement of being there is dwindling & it’s so so sad…I’ve seen every game in a stream so far & I get laughed at by my work colleagues how we just crumble every game…but I’m Charlton till I die…n just hope upon hope TS changes his direction where we go from here & listens to us lot & not his non footballing family who are running us into the ground…
  • Options
    As I posted on the post match thread, despite being a ST holder, I've decided not to attend the game this Saturday against Oxford. I'm not wasting £50 on fuel + a few quid on food to watch anymore half hearted efforts.
    I can never make midweek games due to the distance, then with Exeter called off, Portsmouth being moved to a Monday, I've only seen a few home games on Saturdays this season, but this Saturday is MY choice not to attend.
    We were desperately crying out for a striker and a natural LB, but didn't get either, that's not careless, it's pure stupidity! 
    I was a TS supporter, but this season is just so disheartening, I want him to sell or completely change his direction and INVEST substantially in the playing squad....but I know he wont and that's what so annoying....you can't get promoted without getting a  FULLY competitive squad together.....and he hasn't - plain and simple!
    Trouble is I doubt there is anyone out there willing to take us on...forget Barclay he didn't even get past first base last time!
    So we are stuck with TS, but unless things change I will not be coming down to any more Saturday home games....in these financially challenging times I'd rather save my petrol and food money, so I've wasted my money on a ST it seems this season, so I certainly won't be buying another ST next year unless there is a massive change in either direction or ownership.
    How sad that TS had the opportunity to really turn this club around....he's failed and we are a mediocre League 1 club.....sad times indeed.
    Good post. I'm in the same boat. 
  • Options
    edited September 2022

We’re  fucked. 
    The only way we wouldn't be f**ked imo, is for TS to support the manager with funds, and for his family (Mrs) to take a large step back.

People say about this £8m figure in losses, surely £1m going into the first team (along with using some of our existing players going the other way [step up SG]) should be looked at as investment and a possible way to stem those losses?

Appreciate its not as simple as that, but honestly think it is getting down to the basics that are slong those lines.
  • Options
    I am in a very similar position, I also have a ST but have only seen the Derby game so far this season. I have a 120 round mile trip and don't attend midday week games for that reason, and the train strike has made it virtually impossible to attend this Saturday once again, so another missed game. Aside from that my motivation is kept alive by seeing my mates for a good beer up rather than the football itself, and that has been the case for a few seasons now certainly before TS appeared on the scene. However, even though it would be cheaper to pay on a match by match basis there is something about having a ST and I will continue to get one and support the team, no matter who our owner is and what division we happen to be in.
  • Options
    Sandgaard will not turn the club around. All he will do is damage it further and lose more of his money.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Can't disagree with people and how they feel about it now - lethargy / apathy all of that - but - win 4 games on the trot and everybody will be gagging to get back down there - if you didn't buy a season ticket (without an obvious reason) before last season started however i would say you are a lost cause and shouldn't be bothering yourself or anybody else on here any more - that was when TS had a clean slate, was seen as the saviour and there was everything to get behind. If you fall into that category then your just a moany fucker who wollows in misery     
     So only season ticket holders are allowed opinions? Classy.
  • Options
    Haven't been to a game since pre COVID (was the 2-1 win over Barnsley just after ESI had taken over). Lost my dad last year and just don't feel like going to games anymore, that was our thing and I just don't think it would be the same. Midtable nothingness in League 1 doesn't help either. 
  • Options
    Nine of my family were season ticket holders up until 2 years ago.
    I'm now the only one left. 
    Some still come to the odd game both home and away but the fact none have renewed this season is sad.
    We are losing supporters left right and centre at the moment and until things improve that will continue. 
    Sandgaard has played a major part in this by raising everyone's expectations and then not even remotely delivering. 
    We are bottom half league one with an unbalanced squad.
    Not a hope of reaching the playoffs. 
    Unrealistic ticket prices etc etc. 

I seriously cannot see things improve under Sandgaard as I don't think he has the money or the desire anymore. 
    Problem is who will  take us on while Roland still owns the valley and sparrows. 
    Have you tried changing your deodorant?
    What's deodorant  😁
  • Options
    Gribbo said:

We’re  fucked. 
    The only way we wouldn't be f**ked imo, is for TS to support the manager with funds, and for his family (Mrs) to take a large step back.

People say about this £8m figure in losses, surely £1m going into the first team (along with using some of our existing players going the other way [step up SG]) should be looked at as investment and a possible way to stem those losses?

Appreciate its not as simple as that, but honestly think it is getting down to the basics that are slong those lines.
    Agree 100%, but he’s smarter than everyone else. 👀 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Huge problem we've got as opposed to many other clubs is our demographic and the community within it.
    If you walked a 3 Mile radius from the valley and knocked on doors within in that area I suspect only a very small fraction would support Charlton. 
     We've got a great community trust, but how many of the families and kids they serve in the local area go on to support this club? 
    Do the same in places like Ipswich, Burnley and Portsmouth and you'd see a completely different picture.
    We are greatly reliant on families that have moved away trying to get their kids to follow their parents and come along week after week. When there's longish distance involved that can start to become a problem, especially if the fayre were serving up is pretty sickly. 
    As far as football goes,London is especially premier League centric and as each year passes I'm not sure there's really a place for a poorly performing league one outfit anymore.