Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sponsorship for Mrs RM and Battersea Dogs home

My Mrs, (above) with 1 of our GSD's (Zeek also in the picture), are running through mud and water in the Battersea Dogs Home challenge 2022. She completed it last year (with the same dog) and was going to use one of our other GSD's this year, but that is not possible now, so Zeek is going again this year.
I was wondering, in these times of cost of living crisis, if any one would sponsor her (just a £1 or £2) to help raise funds for the Dogs Home.
I've posted a link (below) and we would be most grateful if anyone can spare anything to help her along the way.
Thank you for reading and thanks in advance for any donations. We also both appreciate that if its not possible to donate then that's fine as well.
Kind regards
RedM

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/MuddyDogChallengeDerby2022-AngelaWalden?utm_source=copyLink&utm_medium=fundraising&utm_content=MuddyDogChallengeDerby2022-AngelaWalden&utm_campaign=pfp-share&utm_term=abcce52871f748869b31c98688538cf6

Comments

• Options
    Done! very best wishes to them both
  • Options
    Done! very best wishes to them both
    Thank you so much!
  • Options
    Donated. Good luck
  • Options
    Donated. Good luck
    Thank you very much. 
  • Options
    Mrs RM and I are very humbled by the donations received so far from this forum, you have kindly sponsored her to the tune of £84  since I posted the information just yesterday afternoon. Your collective support, and kindness, in these challenging times is really appreciated. Mrs RM has just said you are all 'Superstars'.
    I'll let you all know after 15th October how she got on.
    Thank you so much if you have donated, it will help rescue more dogs and cats that are sadly being turned out of homes as people can't afford to keep them.
    We fear that more of these pets will be made homeless as the cost of living gets worse, your help will stop them being 'put to sleep' or ending up as fighting dog bait (yes that does go on in this country, sadly).

• Options
    edited October 2022
    I've just realised I didn't let you know how far they are running (put it down to my old age) the course which will be very muddy and wet is 5k long.
  • Options
    Stuck a tenner in - best of luck to your lady!
  • Options
    arny23394 said:
    Stuck a tenner in - best of luck to your lady!
    Thank you!
  • Options
    Mrs RM has just let me know that an Anonymous CL person has just donated £46 to take the amount raised by CL members to £150, this takes her total currently to £250, she is gobsmacked and slightly tearful, as am I, for the show of generosity. 
    Thank you, thank you, thank you. 
    She hopes to do you all proud and complete the course.
    Humbled 😔
  • Options
    Donated. x
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Donated. x
    Thank you so very much xx
  • Options
    Donated and good luck to Zeek and Mrs RM
  • Options
    Only a tenner, but hopefully one of many.  Well done Mrs RM.
  • Options
    £30 donated - well done to her
  • Options
    Thank you @lancashire lad, @RaplhMilne and 
    @Lordflashheart.
    Your collective generosity is wonderful.
    Thanks!
  • Options

We've had rescue GSDs before and they were all lovely dogs in their own, unique way.  Lost our last one just over a year ago and now have a couple of ladies from Romania - Maggie & Diva. 

Best of luck to Mrs RM & Zeek.
  • Options
    I think I know which one is Diva! 

Bunged £20 in for Mrs RM
  • Options
    Thanks @addix and @Boom
    Much appreciated!
  • Options
    addix said:

We've had rescue GSDs before and they were all lovely dogs in their own, unique way.  Lost our last one just over a year ago and now have a couple of ladies from Romania - Maggie & Diva. 

Best of luck to Mrs RM & Zeek.
    Lovely photo mate!
  • Options
    Woof
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry to post again, but I just wanted to let you all know...since I started this thread yesterday CL members have taken the sponsorship for Mrs RM from £99 donated from family to £380, that means CL has given £281 in 24 hours.
    That is so astounding that we are both completely gobsmacked, She has said she won't let you down on 15/10.
    Secondly, she has posted on her FB account in last hour or so how much she wants to  thank Charlton fans on CL for supporting her. This is from a lady who has supported Notts County all her life, whose family support Forest, yet only CL gets a mention.....thank you so very much...over and out!
  • Options
    Just donated, Malc. You and Angie were so supportive when our first dog (the Labrador, Arry) left us, and now we seem to be in the same situation again, unfortunately, but thanks to your kind and wise words we are better prepared. Good luck to Ang, sure she will smash it.
  • Options
    My 70th birthday is the day your wife is doing the run, so I thought it was appropriate to donate 50p for each of the years I have supported Charlton. Hope it helps.
  • Options
    Done
  • Options
    I've chipped in too.
  • Options
    I bet you never expected anything like this, Malc - you should have known better with lifers!
  • Options
    Loads of time for Mrs RM ……… but why does she keep sending her old man back down south ffs x
  • Options
    Good luck!
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Just donated, Malc. You and Angie were so supportive when our first dog (the Labrador, Arry) left us, and now we seem to be in the same situation again, unfortunately, but thanks to your kind and wise words we are better prepared. Good luck to Ang, sure she will smash it.
    Anything we can do to help regarding dogs were more than happ to help, as is @TCE
    I'm sorry @PragueAddick if you're having to go through the heartache again. I wish you and your family well, and hope you can get through the situation again
    Thank you for your donation mate.

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    I bet you never expected anything like this, Malc - you should have known better with lifers!
    We are gobsmacked and extremely humbled @bobmunro. I don't know what else to say, completely lost for words.