Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Picketing the Club Shop

2»

Comments

• Options
    All I want is a club I can be proud of. This is yet another story that does the opposite. 
    So true Mr Ferrett
  • Options
    Bod said:
    PopIcon said:
    Fucking ridiculous. Never have i felt so disengaged by the club i grew up loving.
    You are not alone.
    And add me to that list.
  • Options
    edited October 2022

• Options
    Chuck a page a profile on vinted, sell it there and Charlton Word if mouth will see it sold better than the club shop.
  • Options
    A good session picketing outside the Castore store on Tuesday and helpfully referring potential customers to the Charlton stall 10 yards away in Ransom Walk where there is a nice range of Charlton items for sale. But guess what..... the Castore store has suddenly widened their product range to now include key rings, metal badges and Charlton notebooks. The big question to be answered is whether this is really new stock, or could it be some old bits left behind by the former occupants which they have found out back in a cupboard?
  • Options
    Don’t think Castore have worked out yet that if you are selling a kit, it should include socks. Purchased the blue shirt and shorts for each of my grandsons as soon as they were put on sale and was told socks would soon be arriving in shop.
     Well, that hasn’t happened and kids have now purchased plain blue socks from another retailer to complete their kits. So, money (albeit for two pairs of socks) has now gone elsewhere rather than the Charlton coffers. Don’t even bother going in the shop now.
  • Options
    We also have copies available on the museum Ebay site. We have to pay Ebay fees , so if you can purchase from the museum or Ian direct , that is best.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/295284892479
  • Options
    I don’t like outsourcing and clearly Castore are in a mess, but can you imagine the club in its current state running the shop satisfactorily?   

I’d need to see them run the proverbial whelk stall before I’d be persuaded.
    Yes, they have repeatedly demonstrated that the sale of whelks is beyond them. The marketing team could be expected to promote them as 'elephant bogies.'