Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tyreece Campbell (p8. May 2024 - signs new 2yr deal +1yr option)

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2023
    What we have to adapt to is having 'finishers' given the number of subs that can be used now. Having a strong bench has massive benefits.
  • Options
    We are on a very good run of form at the moment and that's the perfect time to introduce young players. 
    Under Holden young players were being put into a team short of form and confidence, that does them no favours at all.
    If we continue to climb the league and play well I expect several of our younger players will improve and put themselves in contention to start games. 
    Early days but the signs are good. 
  • Options
    Is he out of contract this season?
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Let's hope not. Him and Asiimwe are both exciting prospects.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    I would say Henry Rylah u18’s and u21’s is even a better prospect than Campbell and can play very well at wing back 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    I would say Henry Rylah u18’s and u21’s is even a better prospect than Campbell and can play very well at wing back 
    Left or right side?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mendonca said:
    The club never announced the length of his contract. Same with Asiimwe. Hopefully they’ve got 1 year extension options as a minimum.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    mendonca said:
    Left or right side?
    Right sided made is debut for first team last season in EFL cup against Brighton at age of 16 , he signed a 3 year pro contract this May 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    mendonca said:
    Left or right side?
    Right sided made is debut for first team last season in EFL cup against Brighton at age of 16 , he signed a 3 year pro contract this May 
    Great, sounds promising. Assume he might get a loan move next summer?
  • Options
    'We want to get Alfie (May) in a position that you are getting the best out of him and, secondly, that he is most comfortable in'. Michael, it is January. There was a period at the start of Appleton's time where we had Leaburn, Tedic and even Chuks fit and not once did we play two up front. If we disagrees about the need to play Alfie in a two then that's up to him but acting like 4+ months haven't passed where he clearly didn't think it was worth playing May in a two is insane behaviour. Insane. Appleton literally says 'he plays his best football when he is playing with a big striker, or a striker that can deal with the ball...Going forward with the likes of Chuks (Aneke) and Miles (Leaburn) coming into the fray (after returning from injury), we’ll be able to get that partnership going' in this article and used to play Leaburn off the right instead of partnered with May. Cool, good noticing Mike.
  • Options
    I'd like to keep him on. Part of me wonders if a loan might help him, if he goes to a slightly lower level and (hopefully) starts tearing it up then it could really boost his confidence.

On the other hand maybe keeping him in and around the squad would be better and try to bring him on more slowly.

Either way I'd not write him off yet.
  • Options
    Personally I think there's potential there with him but I'd be getting a new contract signed and loaning him out for the rest of the season , go and get some confidence playing regularly. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very lightweight .. again like CBT gets into so many good positions but fails to deliver … depending who we bring in over jan and the summer will determine what happens to him .. perhaps a loan to second div may help him 
  • Options
    I’d definitely want to keep him, but if I was TC I’d probably be looking to move. He’s a winger and we aren’t going to be playing them in the new system, so he’s going to be an impact sub at best
  • Options
    He could do with speaking to Kanu about how he quickly changed from being weak on the ball to not being a pushover. Needs to get stronger and not be scared of challenging or I can't see him going up a level. 
  • Options
    When I've watched TC recently, it seems obvious that he's become afraid of making mistakes - and his confidence has nose dived. 

There's also been times when he's looked half asleep and lost concentration, or ball watching. 

Now that is something that can be worked on straight away - concentration and application. He needs a little coaching to help develop mental toughness. 

I feel there's a real player in TC. 
    He just needs taking out of the pressure cooker of expectancy and allowed a little time to reset, and get back his self belief. Don't forget he's still very young. 

• Options
    flaky or to use an old fashioned comparison, like the curate's egg, i.e. good in parts .. he's a winger, historically always referred to as inherently 'inconsistent', which perhaps nowadays is not what is required from any player
  • Options
    It has basically been said on here. He has potential but suffering from a confidence crisis at the moment. Probably a mixture of things but being thrust into a dysfunctional team has not helped. He needs to get away from an environment like that. Not sure if he’ll thrive under Appleton. He hasn’t done him any favours up to now.