Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tyreece Campbell

Comments

• Options
    Swisdom said:
    Tyreece's pace is such an asset and his dribbling ability is excellent.  He also has quite a decent brain on him.  A cople of times he was breaking forward and looking for option to pass whereas he used to be a bit like a bull in a china shop and run down blind alleys.

As @Callumcafc says, TC and Miles know each other very well and have a good understanding so they become interchangeable in the middle and on the wing.  It's actually pretty exciting ahaving those two in the side.  When you factor in Alfie in the middle and Corey out wide you are giving defences a whole lot to worry about and with May's workrate there isn't a moment's peace either.  I must admit I was pleasantly surprised

Then consider Chuks and Tedic is we need to go a little more "industrial" and we have options and a plan B

Whether Appleton has stumbled onto something exciting or is a tactical mastermind remain to be seen be seen but with L.Watson and Dobbo tidying up and keeping it simple I thouhght we looked pretty decent.  Once Fraser and Camara come back and Terry Taylor too I reckon we have some decent attacking and midfield options.

Now we just need to sort the defence out

I think having Watson and Edun fit at the same time will make a massive difference to the defence, when was the last time we had two,  half decent, proper full backs?
  • Options
    I like his attitude in games. 
    He will go for gaps and challenges, where bigger players want to knock him off the ball - but he doesn’t duck the challenge. 
  • Options
    I don't mind him and Miles being in their starting positions on Saturday, but not all the time. Those two rotating between a central and wide positions really gives opposition defenders something to think about, as they offer such different threats.
  • Options
    It was a good assist, but let's not go overboard. He gave the ball away a lot on Saturday. Fraser can't run at defenders quite like TC can but I'm having him straight back in when he's fit
  • Options
    Although who's to say we can't have a midfield of Dobson, Fraser AND Campbell?
  • Options
    Fraser isn't a 10.

I mean you don't have to have a 10.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    It was a good assist, but let's not go overboard. He gave the ball away a lot on Saturday. Fraser can't run at defenders quite like TC can but I'm having him straight back in when he's fit
    Not straight back in, sorry. We keep swapping and changing through necessity (injury etc) but if we get a chance to actually get a settled team we should take it. If Fraser gets his place back on merit then fine but for me he's got to earn his way back in. 

C Campbell might have something to say about it too, he got himself a few goal contributions in a similar role as well.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Swisdom said:
    Tyreece's pace is such an asset and his dribbling ability is excellent.  He also has quite a decent brain on him.  A cople of times he was breaking forward and looking for option to pass whereas he used to be a bit like a bull in a china shop and run down blind alleys.

As @Callumcafc says, TC and Miles know each other very well and have a good understanding so they become interchangeable in the middle and on the wing.  It's actually pretty exciting ahaving those two in the side.  When you factor in Alfie in the middle and Corey out wide you are giving defences a whole lot to worry about and with May's workrate there isn't a moment's peace either.  I must admit I was pleasantly surprised

Then consider Chuks and Tedic is we need to go a little more "industrial" and we have options and a plan B

Whether Appleton has stumbled onto something exciting or is a tactical mastermind remain to be seen be seen but with L.Watson and Dobbo tidying up and keeping it simple I thouhght we looked pretty decent.  Once Fraser and Camara come back and Terry Taylor too I reckon we have some decent attacking and midfield options.

Now we just need to sort the defence out

I think having Watson and Edun fit at the same time will make a massive difference to the defence, when was the last time we had two,  half decent, proper full backs?
    About 2003 I think.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't mind him and Miles being in their starting positions on Saturday, but not all the time. Those two rotating between a central and wide positions really gives opposition defenders something to think about, as they offer such different threats.
    Agreed, but would say we saw a bit of that on Sat anyway (eg the goal). 
  • Options
    There is a possible, possible I say, comparison to be made between the current Tyreece Campbell, and Rak Saki who was the same age as Tyreece is now when he joined us last season.
    If Tyreece could add some goals to his game would there be a vast difference between a young Tyreece now, and the young Jesurun?
    From memory Jesurun didn’t retain the ball 100% of the time, misplaced the odd pass, was equally ineffective in the air as Tyreece, but he had those goals.
    Maybe playing Tyreece more centrally will encourage him to be a bit more selfish and take a pop at goal a bit more often.
  • Options
    Thought he did well Saturday.....when he runs he reminds me of Sterling.....effortless pace 
  • Options
    I think Appleton alluded to this as something he wanted to do in a post match interview whilst accepting it requires time and effort to perfect so we shouldn't be expecting it in the short term.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    I really really rate him. 

Got a bit of the Lookman about him in the sense they have a similar build, pace to burn and despite their size disadvantages aren't afraid to get in the mix. Plays without fear which is exactly how wingers should be, it's how Lookman was for us before we sold him.

Reckon this will be a massive breakthrough season for him, if not the next season 

Carry on Campbell 
  • Options
    Lovely finish for the 2nd goal. You want your substitutes to make a difference and he made a huge difference. Not sure how long Appleton can go without starting him on the right side of midfield.
  • Options
    Been a bit underrated for a while has Tupac. A proper player who is coming along nicely in his development. Hopefully Appleton will now start him in his proper position instead of trying to crowbar a centre forward into the right wing. Will be very hard for teams to stop both him and CBT. 
  • Options
    This guy has so much potential. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have no idea why Tedic starts, he offers nothing at all. It was exactly the same against Blackpool.
    I can only assume that there is some kind of agreement with City that he has to play because no manager in their right mind would start him instead of Campbell. 
  • Options
    I have no idea why Tedic starts, he offers nothing at all. It was exactly the same against Blackpool.
    I can only assume that there is some kind of agreement with City that he has to play because no manager in their right mind would start him instead of Campbell. 
    It was surprising today, and seemed wrong. But if it happens again on Tuesday then something is up. It was chalk and cheese for the second game running. 
  • Options
    Tedic was almost invisible once again.
  • Options
    I think the question  really is do you start TC in the current formation or do you start Fraser and push May up front
  • Options
    Never thought he had that sort of ping in him , beautiful 
  • Options
    I think the question  really is do you start TC in the current formation or do you start Fraser and push May up front
    I think we are better off with May as a support striker .  Fraser could play narrow right like Andy Reid used to; otherwise I think he’s competing with Watson and Camara to partner Dobbo. 
  • Options
    Never thought he had that sort of ping in him , beautiful 
    His first goal for us was a bit of a pinger too.
  • Options
    Excellent when he came on. If he could improve on his decision making, he could become some player 
  • Options
    I think he needs to improve on his decision making and strength. He will and we have a star on our hands. It is very exiting when you look at Assimwe, Anderson, Kanu, Leaburn, Ness and Thomas. These are players we could not ever hope to buy but a few of them are already well above the league and all of them will be soon enough.
  • Options
    A year ago he was maybe getting on the bench and getting a few minutes at the end of a game.

He's progressed and is a game changer when he gets on, now can he start a game and maintain that form? I hope so.

Kanu could be similar, looked very raw last season and the few games he's appeared in this season. Maybe the loan to Southend will help him improve as he gets more game time, four goals yesterday must do wonders for his confidence, as mentioned elsewhere could be like Karlan Grant.