Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Most overlooked song in pop history

124»

Comments

• Options
    Ashes by Embrace - awesome tune
  • Options

When the Red, Red Robin (Comes Bob, Bob, Bobbin' Along) Billy Cotton and his band :-)

• Options
    Addicks to victory: absolutely the most overlooked song in any genres history, no contest.

Someone had to say it.
  • Options
    All the young dudes - Mott the Hoople
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    Get Out Of London by Intaferon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWvXKQjd2a4

1983 (I think)

stone cold classic never off the playlist
    Absolutely brilliant song. Produced by Martin Rushent as well, so it's not like it should have gone unnoticed. 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    The song Ms AA recorded with The Glitter Band.  For some reason which she can't remember, they didn't use Gary for the vocals and decided on a female vocalist.  Ms AA was working with Mike Stock at the time and got the job.

She'd say the song is rightfully overlooked.
    My English teacher at school was married to Mike Stock.
    It was right at the height of SAW & she used to come into lessons looking decidedly worse for wear after some of their parties 🤣🤣
    Mike Stock grew up in Swanley 
    And is an arrogant self opinionated arsehole!
  • Options
    The song Ms AA recorded with The Glitter Band.  For some reason which she can't remember, they didn't use Gary for the vocals and decided on a female vocalist.  Ms AA was working with Mike Stock at the time and got the job.

It was right at the height of SAW & she used to come into lessons looking decidedly worse for wear after some of their parties 🤣🤣
    Correct
  • Options

Every days a school day 👍🏼
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Many years ago I had ‘dealings” with him - I can’t say any more than that I’m afraid - but he was indeed an utter bellend, who was of the opinion that what applied to others, didn’t apply to him

In the words of Alan Partridge, needless to say I had the last laugh 😃
  • Options
    Kariya - Let Me Love You for Tonight
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Had a great LP called Tracks by Heads Hands & Feet back in 1972. 
    It was many years before it was released on CD, despite repeated pleas from their fan. 
    It’s now on Spotify if anyone wants to check it out. 
    ‘Albert Lee on Guitar, Keyboards & Vocals and Chas Hodges on Fiddle, Banjo, Guitars & Vocals, with additional backing vocals & vocal arrangements provided by Telecaster supremo Jerry Donahue’. 
    It’s patchy, but there are a few gems in there. 
    If you like Stage Fright by the band you might like this. 
    In terms of tracks, Roadshow and Harlequin are two ballads that sound like well known tracks that really aren’t. Bit like that Wondererwall song. 
    Albert Lee is  still going strong. I’ve been to see him a couple of times in the last year or so down here in Wales and my bother saw him playing at some place in Dartford only last week.
  • Options
    Don't think it's the most overlooked in history, but Year of the Cat by Al Stewart doesn't seem to get the airplay or recognition it deserves.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    There are several by Joan Armatrading.
    I'll just mention:
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    https://youtu.be/VvV465SHJBg

I will probably be on my own with this one and its likely most on here will have never heard of this track or the Freshies but I just loved this tune but tbf I am a bit biased!

Through a mate, I was always around the Manchester music scene during the late 70's early 80's and saw a lot of this band and also knew them socially. Also by coincidence, I knew the girl who was the subject of this song as she drank down my local.
    Happy days long since gone 

Edit: Forgot the song name ffs.
    I'm in love with the girl on the Manchester virgin megastore checkout desk

• Options
    Anything by Guided by Voices, but for starters:

Chasing Heather Crazy
    Game of Pricks
    To Keep An Area
    Best Of Jill Hives
    Teenage FBI
  • Options

I'll ask Ms AA what she remembers of Bobbie Stock.

I'll ask Ms AA what she remembers of Bobbie Stock.

meanwhile, what was the song AA?  *Spotify poised..
    Ms AA can't remember.  She thinks it didn't get released.
  • Options
    Anything by the Brett Domino Trio!
  • Options
    Heard this this morning .. first time for a long time .. minor hit 30 years ago .. this is a great performance i m o
    https://youtu.be/tM9I6ZtpThM