Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Phantom Whistle (Twice)

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2022
  • Options
    The above was a confession, I was just too slow to screen grab it 😀
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Sounded like it came from the Family Stand. You know what they're like
    It wasn't in the family stand but on that side of the upper north I think.  There was a group of fellas on a stag do with lanyards round their necks and I wondered if it was them.
    don't think they were on a Stag Do - think you might be referring to the International Addicks, saw loads of them coming out of crossbars and going on a stadium tour before the game

I sit in the NU and didn't hear any whistle at all?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    I hope they identify the idiot and ban them.  Someone must know who it was.  If someone next to me was doing it they’d get the whistle lodged up their backside 
    And if they still blew it?
    The heir to Mr Methane.
  • Options

My money is on this woman's son.

Whistlers Mother review  a painting thats not what it seems  Art and  design books  The Guardian
  • Options
    PeterGage said:
    Even in this situation the ref was shit.
    He didn't allow the trainer on, even though O'Connell was seriously injured, until he'd gone over and moaned about the whistle blower.
    Somewhat harsh and inaccurate. O'Connell gave no indication from his body language that he was mildly injured, let only seriously. Immediately after the injury he sat up and I expected him to get up immediately.
    He was hitting the ground in pain, the referee wasn't anywhere near him.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Did the phantom whistle by a couple of degrees of separation contribute to Eoghan’s injury?
    I'd be astonished if it didn't.  It certainly changed the tractor striker's approachPeterGage said:
    He didn't allow the trainer on, even though O'Connell was seriously injured, until he'd gone over and moaned about the whistle blower.
    Somewhat harsh and inaccurate. O'Connell gave no indication from his body language that he was mildly injured, let only seriously. Immediately after the injury he sat up and I expected him to get up immediately.
    You did see O'Connell got off on a stretcher didn't you?
    A serious knee injury is unlikely to impair his ability to sit up, is it?

The ref was utter shit and this was just one of numerous glaring failures on his part
  • Options
    whistle - to me - sounded like it was coming from east stand, low in the stand, towards the north stand...

people with lanyards in the north stand were the international addicks...
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    seth plum said:
    Did the phantom whistle by a couple of degrees of separation contribute to Eoghan’s injury?
    I'd be astonished if it didn't.  It certainly changed the tractor striker's approachPeterGage said:

The ref was utter shit and this was just one of numerous glaring failures on his part
    I did see O'Connell go off on a stretcher but at the outset he didn't appear to be seriously injured, hence the ref (rightly or wrongly) decided to deal first with the whistle incident. 
  • Options
    I’m guessing it may have been the guy who did the crossbeer challenge. He was North Lower, to the right of the goal as you look at it, and from what happened at half time he obviously has a mischievous side to him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PeterGage said:
    Billy_Mix said:
    seth plum said:

I did see O'Connell go off on a stretcher but at the outset he didn't appear to be seriously injured, hence the ref (rightly or wrongly) decided to deal first with the whistle incident. 
    As soon as I saw EOC go down clutching his left knee I thought "he's fooked".
  • Options
    PeterGage said:
    Billy_Mix said:
    seth plum said:

I am guessing you missed Dobson screaming at the ref and pleading for a stretcher to be bought on very early on. Ref ignored him and carried on chatting to 4th official.  I know players "try it on" but not like Dobson was.  When I saw him doing that it was abundantly clear O'Connell was in serious trouble.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Sounded like it came from the Family Stand. You know what they're like
    It wasn't in the family stand but on that side of the upper north I think.  There was a group of fellas on a stag do with lanyards round their necks and I wondered if it was them.
    don't think they were on a Stag Do - think you might be referring to the International Addicks, saw loads of them coming out of crossbars and going on a stadium tour before the game

I sit in the NU and didn't hear any whistle at all?

Ah, fair enough. Makes sense.  
    Whomever it was I am amazed that people sat right near them did not out them and get them removed.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    I hope they identify the idiot and ban them.  Someone must know who it was.  If someone next to me was doing it they’d get the whistle lodged up their backside 
    Don’t be googling blowing a dirty whistle.
  • Options
    PeterGage said:
    Billy_Mix said:
    seth plum said:

I am guessing you missed Dobson screaming at the ref and pleading for a stretcher to be bought on very early on. Ref ignored him and carried on chatting to 4th official.  I know players "try it on" but not like Dobson was.  When I saw him doing that it was abundantly clear O'Connell was in serious trouble.
    I wasn't trying to justify the referees choice of action but I tried to point out why I think he prioritised the whistle incident over the injury. I personally didn't recognise the seriousness of the injury, based upon a combination of the following factors:

1. Little or no contact with the opponent.
    2. No writhing around by O'Connell to suggest a serious injury 
    3.O'Connell immediately sat up 
    4. There didn't appear to be any facial expressions to suggest he was in pain.
    5 No gesticulations from O'Connell to the bench to indicate he needed urgent assistance.
    6. I didn't see Dobson or any other Charlton player calling on the physio.

Based upon all of that, I really expected O'Connell to jump to his feet. It all goes to show that I will never make a doctor or physio!
  • Options
    PeterGage said:
    PeterGage said:
    Billy_Mix said:
    seth plum said:

I wasn't trying to justify the referees choice of action but I tried to point out why I think he prioritised the whistle incident over the injury. I personally didn't recognise the seriousness of the injury, based upon a combination of the following factors:

1. Little or no contact with the opponent.
    2. No writhing around by O'Connell to suggest a serious injury 
    3.O'Connell immediately sat up 
    4. There didn't appear to be any facial expressions to suggest he was in pain.
    5 No gesticulations from O'Connell to the bench to indicate he needed urgent assistance.
    6. I didn't see Dobson or any other Charlton player calling on the physio.

Based upon all of that, I really expected O'Connell to jump to his feet. It all goes to show that I will never make a doctor or physio!
    Sorry, but player well being must come first surely?  All he had to do first was check with the player, then deal with the whistle blowing situation.