Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Burton Albion vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 12th November 2022 - 3pm KO | Match Preview

2»

Comments

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Probably a whoosh scenario but who is Dench on the bench ? 
    U21 Australian... Primarily a Defensive Midfielder, but played a lot at Left-Back this season - Doubt I'll be right about his involvement 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Probably a whoosh scenario but who is Dench on the bench ? 
    U21 Australian... Primarily a Defensive Midfielder, but played a lot at Left-Back this season - Doubt I'll be right about his involvement 
    Dench went off injured after 10 minutes in yesterdays under 23 game.
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Regardless of injuries, they are bottom.  We need/should win if this team has anything about them.  Time for Stockley to score.  I’m appreciative of his role and that he doesn’t suit Garner’s style, but we can’t keep relying on Aneke to come on.  

Important game for the team
    Well considering our unsettled back line, and that we are away from home, I cannot see us not conceding - so we are going to have to score more than 1 to win this.
    Thats fine we only have two League wins all season where we've won scoring just the one goal
    I obviously spend to much time on here, as I did forget that scoring goals has not really been our issue this year ha ha.
    28 league goals and in Three home matches we have scored 12 goals.

That leaves 14 games we have scored 16 goals. Think we have a problem myself.
    It's what I've been saying for weeks. Our only goal threat sits on the bench & comes on for the last 20 mins (when we are usually losing) and is expected to get us the points.

We usually dont beat teams in the bottom 4 and tomorrow is no exception. 

2-1 we go for a Burton. 

• Options
    Hoping for a win but not expecting a classic game. Stockley has to score surely ????
  • Options
    9-0 to Burton
  • Options
    The only question is, will Stockley & Oshilaja take their unfinished business from last year's visit to the Pirelli Stadium, into Round 2 ? 
  • Options
    0-2
  • Options
    What’s happened to @happyvalley?

0-4 comfortable away win.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    The next 5 games will probably define our season so we really need this to be the start of a winning run to get us in the mix for the playoffs. Otherwise can't see us gaining the lost ground in the second half of the season.

Fancy us to win this though but probably won't be a comfortable one.
  • Options
    Burton unbeaten in their last 4 home league and cup games. Need an improvement on Tuesday night to get the 3 points away back to London this afternoon. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Safe journey there and back all those going. Was hoping to go today but due to staff sickness got called in to man the post. 
  • Options
    Charlton have played 17 games in the league and won 5. FIVE. Garner knows this and needs to change that record quickly.

1-1 draw. 
  • Options
    You can keep your Marston's Pedigree,
    We've got our London Pride,
    Your floodlights look like candles,
    A target for the vandals,
    And we've got Conor McGrandles.
    So Yippee-Ki-Yay MF's

The 🗡️🐟 PREDICTS - A tyresome 0-0 at the Pirelli.
  • Options
    Safe journey there and back all those going. Was hoping to go today but due to staff sickness got called in to man the post. 
    Any idea where mine is, haven’t received any mail in days!
  • Options
    Burton have only lost one of last 6 so again people saying easy win because there bottom need to have a rethink .. personally think it’s a very good draw 
  • Options

Gave myself a tour of the main stand.
  • Options

Nice...running out onto the field of play passing the stretcher!!....let's hope Chucks don't trip over it on the way out..😉
  • Options

Tell the truth.
    You are a mascot aren't you.🤣
  • Options

Nice...running out onto the field of play passing the stretcher!!....let's hope Chucks don't trip over it on the way out..😉
    I guess if we can encourage him to fall onto it, it will kill two birds  ;)
  • Options
    I would rather make the playoffs than have a cup run.
    The league is and always should be our priority especially as we are in the third tier. 
    Burton are bottom for a reason they are crap.
    Nothing less than 3 points is acceptable. 
    Burton 1 Charlton 3
    It doesn't matter what league we've been in - 90% of Charlton fans have always said that the league is the priority. 

Personally I think that once you get to Brighton's, Newcastle's or even Fulham's and Palace's current level then you should concentrate on the cups. Glory should be more important to fans than winning more money. Once a cup is won, European qualification should come after that.

The tricky thing is the divisions below is you can never be too far off 6th or 21st. We however have had seasons when neither is likely at all at the end of January and still fans want to 'concentrate on the league.'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not a bad bench that
  • Options
    JFC is in  :open_mouth:
  • Options

Charlton: Wollacott; Chin, Lavelle, Inniss, Sessegnon; Rak-Sakyi, Dobson, Fraser, Campbell; Stockley (c), Kirk

Subs: MacGillivray, Elerewe, Forster-Caskey, Morgan, Payne, Blackett-Taylor, Aneke

• Options
    Chin playing on his preferred side should hopefully let him settle a bit better. 
  • Options
    Better front line on the bench than on the pitch. 
  • Options
    Wonder if Shirk will turn up?
  • Options
    Match thread up...
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    You can keep your Marston's Pedigree,
    We've got our London Pride,
    Your floodlights look like candles,
    A target for the vandals,
    And we've got Conor McGrandles.
    So Yippee-Ki-Yay MF's

The 🗡️🐟 PREDICTS - A tyresome 0-0 at the Pirelli.
    You can stick your Bass up your ass!
  • Options
    They’ll score so we’ll need two to have a shout of three points. Sadly I’m going 1 - 1