Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD: PORT VALE V CHARLTON ATHLETIC / SATURDAY 19th NOVEMBER 2022 3.00pm KO

Comments

• Options
    Off_it said:
    63 mins played. 
    63% possession.
    0 shots on target.
    Our problem right there. We frequently break the lines and then turn back allowing the CM defence to regroup, rather than risk losing the ball by pushing forward. Doesn’t help that lamp post installed on the penalty spot would be a bigger goal threat than Stockley. 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Chuks on for Stockley.
    Could have taken him off and not bothered with a replacement and we would be better off. 
  • Options
    Vale player currently getting treatment in their box.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    SSN: Vale have won all home games this season when scoring first 
    And we haven't won a game in about 30 attempts when conceding first. 
  • Options
    Couple of Vale subs now.
  • Options
    Port Vale have been the better team this half, pressing us really well.

Good quick play by Inniss and Dobson leads to a turn and shot by Chuks, we need to attack more quickly and be less predictable 
  • Options
    We are going to win at least one cup, what more do you want 😂
  • Options
    We need JFC on now 
  • Options
    And as usual we put our goal scoring striker on once we go a goal behind. 

Try starting him ffs. Get ahead in the game then take him off. 
    Bit like CBT who has done sweet FA since starting.

Another one who so often has the easy pass, but decides to take the opposition on when he's not used as a sub 
    Sorry, cant agree with this. CBT has been one of our better players. At least he runs at their defenders & tries to create something. 
  • Options
    There is a major problem playing all your football off the defensive midfielder with 2 centre backs who struggle to play football. Inevitably we are held in our final third.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    we have we have more than enough players with the ability to take the ball forward with purpose, but it seems the entire team is drilled  to pass sideways or backwards at every opportunity - it’s like watching a whole team full of Keith Jones 
  • Options
    Oof. Clare plays a slightly slow ball to JRS, who goes down under the challenge but the refs not impressed and gives them the throw.
  • Options
    How can you be accused of "drawing a foul" it was a foul,, end of
  • Options
    I honestly dont know wtf has happened to him this season but Stockley genuinely looks like a bloke that won a competition to play a game for a league club. Trouble is I think it might be a season pass. 
    I actually think we would be better playing literally any striker from our youth team than play him every week
  • Options
    Vale come forward, but Sess does well to lever his man off the ball on the run, so it's out for a goal kick.
  • Options
    edited November 2022

Bit like CBT who has done sweet FA since starting.

Another one who so often has the easy pass, but decides to take the opposition on when he's not used as a sub 
    Sorry, cant agree with this. CBT has been one of our better players. At least he runs at their defenders & tries to create something. 
    Great... I'd watch Athletics if I wanted to see that

He created a great chance in the First Half, and then had a crap shot, all because like Rak-Sakyi he doesnt know how to bloody pass as Kirk was free on the edge of the area
  • Options
    Oh! We play it out of defense and Fraser does well to ride two challenges, but then misjudges his ball to Kirk.
  • Options
    Stockley is finished as a footballer, no chance of going anywhere if he's our striker 
  • Options

Zzzzzzzzzz
    Well, its not been tried do far this season. But playing crap & losing after 60 mins has.

I'll be happy to be proved wrong WHEN  IT  IS  TRIED. 
  • Options
    They look so much better than us.

We look like a non league team.

It’s Port Vale ffs!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Vale come up the other end, and we look all at sea, but luckily the ball goes wide and we end up getting a free kick for a foul.
  • Options
    Bah. Another forward pass from Fraser not quite what was needed so JRS can't get to it so the keeper lands on it.
  • Options
    They press, tackle, pass, move, attack, jump, mark our players.

We are so bad its unreal
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    I honestly dont know wtf has happened to him this season but Stockley genuinely looks like a bloke that won a competition to play a game for a league club. Trouble is I think it might be a season pass. 
    I actually think we would be better playing literally any striker from our youth team than play him every week
    There were two Kirk crosses in the first half that he didn't even make a token effort to challenge for.  100% he would have done 18 months ago.  Playing him every week is helping no one.
  • Options
    Vale come forward but the shot is blocked by Lavelle, and bobbles back to AMB.
  • Options
    We could be 0-5 down 
  • Options
    making us look second class
  • Options
    Another shot from Butterworth, but this one blazes over.
  • Options
    AMB's goal kick goes out by the dugouts.
  • Options
    Chuks casually pushing another man to the floor with minimal effort is todays highlight! 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!