Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD: PORT VALE V CHARLTON ATHLETIC / SATURDAY 19th NOVEMBER 2022 3.00pm KO

Comments

• Options
    Both teams looking poor with lots of wayward passes and individual errors .. terrible half of football
  • Options
    We’ve all just witnessed the worst 45 minutes of football in the games history. 

Both teams are absolute shit.
  • Options
    Jesus Christ 
  • Options
    Stockley is awful. 
    And that’s being kind. 
  • Options
    Browny's gonna be full of the joys of spring there.
  • Options
    that was the most boring ineffective football I've ever had the misfortune to watch
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Such timid shite football
    why doesnt JRS have a go down the line?! Just turns back to Clare every time
    Stockley truly hopeless. Can’t hold it up, can’t head it, can’t shoot or pass. I like the bloke but he’s in terrible terrible form. 
  • Options
    League 1 at its very worst! Toilet 
  • Options
    HT 0-0...well that was...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As awful as JS has been, he gets penalised far more and for far less than the challenges on him
  • Options
    Have never given less of a shit about a Charlton team.  Feel sorry for all you guys who tune in expecting at least a competant performance on here.

Probably go and sneak it now.
  • Options
    HT stats

Possession 37-63

Shots 5-3
    On Target 0-0
    In The Area 3-3

xG 0.17-0.14
    Corners 2-5

Not a classic by any means.
  • Options
    That was as bad as it gets. How and why do we look so tired? 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Oh Stockley

You are absolute quality

I love you so much 
    You Lol-farming Chunes?
  • Options
    Half time. No chances for either side. The home side are applauded off. The good people from Burslum are easily pleased 
  • Options
    Was offered a last minute shift for today.

Thought about saying no as wanted to watch the game but in the end said yes.

Judging by the comments on here looks like I made the right choice!

PS Is it really that bad?
  • Options
    Name a more iconic duo then Charlton looking piss poor against a team who play wing backs and pack out the midfield. 

Least we have CBT to bring on hey Golfie…..
  • Options
    AMB looks like an accident waiting to happen with the ball at his feet as well. IMO
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We've been a bit more solid thanks to having two functional full backs and could easily win. Kirk has buzzed about looking for the ball. CBT has threatened. We have a non-footballer at centre forward though. We can't do anything. Sub him off for Campbell at half time, Aneke on for literally anyone at 60
  • Options
    We can’t be as bad again in the second half.

Can Port Vale be better as well or is that the best of them?
  • Options
    AMB looks like an accident waiting to happen with the ball at his feet as well. IMO
    Curbs saying he looks really good with ball at his feet... 
  • Options
    Ignoring how bad we are, Coalville town were more entertaining than this Port Vale team
  • Options
    Bring on Chuks to liven things up
  • Options
    "It doesn't count as a shot on target" - we're definitely clutching at straws on the highlights here.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    "It doesn't count as a shot on target" - we're definitely clutching at straws on the highlights here.
    Clutching at straws trying to bloody find highlights
  • Options
    Awful. Not the worst ever but frustrating. The saving grace maybe as Curbs said that Ben Garner will have had the same perspective as those watching on tv and can surely see what needs doing.

Port Vale looking well organised but i suspect that is thanks to Charlton not creating and testing them except occasionally down each flank. Summed it up for me when we had 5 of our players round the centre circle with ball in possession and no-one looking to penetrate. 

Rak-saki ineffective. Stockley even more so. Intolerable.

• Options
    Talal said:
    Curbs saying he looks really good with ball at his feet... 
    Really, we are watching very different games then. Maybe it’s because I’ve not seen him
    before, but he looks slow and takes an extra touch to set himself pretty much every time he gets the ball.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!