Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• edited August 2023
    Ton up for DBD but he is then bowled for 101 - which isn't caught by the camera!!!

Edit - ignore that. It was Finch out for 54!!!

192-3 off 34.3
  • edited August 2023
    DBD has now scored 930 runs in his last 11 innings in all forms of the game at an average of 155.00 but he isn't good enough to play in that "step and hit" competition!!!
  • 200-3 off 36

DBD 104* (112)
    Blake 5* (6)
  • That Leicestershire mullering killed our NRR for the entire competition (380-5 vs 116), and will ultimately cost us, even if we win today.
    And should/could have won the game against Notts
  • DBD has now scored 930 runs in his last 11 innings in all forms of the game at an average of 155.00 but he isn't good enough to play in that "step and hit" competition!!!
    He's too good for glorified rounders!
  • I have now resorted to listening on Radio Solent and then watching the pictures as they are 2-3 seconds behind

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/cricket/65021195
  • 237-3 off 39

DBD 136* (124)
    Blake 9* (12)
  • DBD has now scored 930 runs in his last 11 innings in all forms of the game at an average of 155.00 but he isn't good enough to play in that "step and hit" competition!!!
    Some commentators are talking him up as a potential England white ball player which makes it even more embarrassing that he can't get a gig in the ECB's own flagship white ball comp
  • We are starting to open up - 17 year old Kelly has just gone for 26 in an over!!! 
  • I have now resorted to listening on Radio Solent and then watching the pictures as they are 2-3 seconds behind

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/cricket/65021195
    They mentioned something on the commentary about being able to synch the 2
  • Sponsored links:

Some commentators are talking him up as a potential England white ball player which makes it even more embarrassing that he can't get a gig in the ECB's own flagship white ball comp
    Exactly! Nonsensical - again!
  • If we score another 50 in the remaining overs then this will be the highest number of runs Hants have conceded in the 50 over competition in the last three years
  • If we score another 50 in the remaining overs then this will be the highest number of runs Hants have conceded in the 50 over competition in the last three years
    too little too late from us for the semis? Is this ground maybe a wee smaller then the Rose Bowl?!
  • 288-3 off 42
    too little too late from us for the semis? Is this ground maybe a wee smaller then the Rose Bowl?!
    Smaller by some way I would suggest. 
  • Blake out LBW for 46 off 31

290-4 off 42.4

DBD 146* (128)
    I imagine Spirit are forced to play Zak Crawley ahead of him, as the big name England player allocated to them...
  • Stewart caught behind for 2 (7)

295-5 off 44
    I imagine Spirit are forced to play Zak Crawley ahead of him, as the big name England player allocated to them...
    And Crawley is averaging 15.75 at a little over a run a ball - I see he made just 2 off 11 balls in his last innings
    I wonder how many of the kids who aren't already interested the Hundred is for/aimed at even recognise any of the players anyway if they aren't into cricket! Meanwhile clubs struggle to field teams for the one-day cup 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2023
    DBD reaches 150
    Crawley is a monster in white ball tho, should definitely be in England's plans 
  • Leuth said:
    DBD has now scored 930 runs in his last 11 innings in all forms of the game at an average of 155.00 but he isn't good enough to play in that "step and hit" competition!!!
    He's not showing it in the 100. A massive bonus for Kent that we've been able to play him for most of the one day cup, but a bit farcical really.
  • 299-5 off 45 overs
  • DBD out for 150 (133)
  • Qadri gone. The rather familiar middle to late order collapse we've come to love - from 290-3 to 307-7
  • Our tail really is a sight to behold!!
  • Our tail really is a sight to behold!!
    It is amazing that we've been getting away with playing just six batsmen, one of which is 17
  • 317 off 48
  • Leuth said:
    How does a "monster in white ball" fail to score off 10 balls out of 11 in a 100 ball competition?