Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• edited August 2023
    321-7 with one over to go
  • Gilchrist out first ball of the final over
  • 325-8 off 50.

Jaydn 20* (17) & Jas 3* (4)

Very disappointing 37-5 off the final 8 overs but one would like to think that we can defend this
  • Leuth said:
    DBD has now scored 930 runs in his last 11 innings in all forms of the game at an average of 155.00 but he isn't good enough to play in that "step and hit" competition!!!
    He's too good for glorified rounders!
    Some commentators are talking him up as a potential England white ball player which makes it even more embarrassing that he can't get a gig in the ECB's own flagship white ball comp
    I imagine Spirit are forced to play Zak Crawley ahead of him, as the big name England player allocated to them...
    Crawley is a monster in white ball tho, should definitely be in England's plans 
    How does a "monster in white ball" fail to score off 10 balls out of 11 in a 100 ball competition? 
    Many players rise to an occasion; Stokes being a classic example. Just a though, maybe after playing in the intense Ashes (made more intense as squashed into too few weeks) has drained some players and the slightly less important Hundred is not nearly quite the same
  • Leuth said:
    DBD has now scored 930 runs in his last 11 innings in all forms of the game at an average of 155.00 but he isn't good enough to play in that "step and hit" competition!!!
    He's too good for glorified rounders!
    Some commentators are talking him up as a potential England white ball player which makes it even more embarrassing that he can't get a gig in the ECB's own flagship white ball comp
    I imagine Spirit are forced to play Zak Crawley ahead of him, as the big name England player allocated to them...
    Crawley is a monster in white ball tho, should definitely be in England's plans 
    How does a "monster in white ball" fail to score off 10 balls out of 11 in a 100 ball competition? 
    Many players rise to an occasion; Stokes being a classic example. Just a though, maybe after playing in the intense Ashes (made more intense as squashed into too few weeks) has drained some players and the slightly less important Hundred is not nearly quite the same
    I have it on good authority that some of the players themselves treat the competition as a joke. Now I'm not saying that this would include the likes of Root and Hales but they were playing golf yesterday together and they probably fared better doing that than the 13 runs they scored between them off 14 balls opening the batting later that day.
  • edited August 2023
    Hants have to try to win the game inside 33.1 overs to go top and straight into the semis as a result
  • 'as a joke'? It is......!

Glad to hear it. Don't blame them - as long as they don't do a Bairstow!

Talking of which, what actually happened - as I've read his (severe) injury was the sort caused by a motorcycle accident......did involve a golf buggy, although hardly the same?!
  • Notts 182
    Lancs 13-0 off 6

Talking of which, what actually happened - as I've read his (severe) injury was the sort caused by a motorcycle accident......did involve a golf buggy, although hardly the same?!
    It does make one wonder if there wasn't any Hundred, whether the ECB would "encourage" their centrally contracted players to play in the 50 over comp? 

It does make one wonder if there wasn't any Hundred, whether the ECB would "encourage" their centrally contracted players to play in the 50 over comp? 
    Wouldn't it be a far better warm up for the World Cup then playing rounders The Hundred?
  • Sponsored links:

He fell off an elevated tee. 
  • Joe, with typical nepotism, brings on his nephew first change who rewards his uncle with a caught and bowled with his third ball

41-1 off 7.3
  • Lancs 33-1 off 11
  • Lancs 33-1 off 11
    Clearly not easy batting conditions. The game is being played at an outground
  • I'm assuming the Newport pitch isn't that spin friendly, seeing that Leaning hasn't bowled yet
  • /killerandflash said:
    I'm assuming the Newport pitch isn't that spin friendly, seeing that Leaning hasn't bowled yet
    Certainly the Hants spinners went for a few. Jaydn was presumably brought on first change because he has the control of a finger spinner (especially with only two out) and being a left arm orthodox spinner, he turns it away from the two right handers. 
  • 78-1 off 13
  • 101-1 off 18. Finch has just missed a stumping off Qadri.
  • Meanwhile our game is becoming somewhat academic as Lancs are currently 72-1 off 18
  • 115-1 off 20. Hants need 210 off 30
  • Sponsored links:

• 101-1 off 18. Finch has just missed a stumping off Qadri.
    The same two parties are involved in the next wicket to fall

128-2 off 22.3
  • 145-2 off 25. 181 runs required. 
  • 188-2 off 30. Hants very much in charge at the moment.
  • Lancs 117-3 off 30. Keaton Jennings (66*) very much the stumbling block
  • Gilchrist drops Donald on the boundary
  • 213-2 off 33. Another 113 needed off 17 overs 
  • Joe Denly has dropped a sitter now and Parkinson is then hit for 10 runs off the next two balls. That's three missed chances from us so far and two of them have been off Parkinson. Let's hope the bowler doesn't rub out the signature on his contract!!! 
  • 246-2 off 37
  • 266-2 off 40
  • A wicket to Parkinson and a chance taken at last - a catch to Blake to see the departure of Brown (73)