Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• Options
    What happens if there is a tie?
  • Options
    Notts in cruise control 
  • Options
    It is incredible that we're in the last hour of the season and our destiny still isn't decided
    Sadly I think that is down to Kent rather than to Middlesex and Notts. We have thrown away too many winning positions. If we get relegated it would be difficult to argue that we were unlucky.
    If we stay up then we deserve to stay up but, as you say, if we go down then we deserve that too. The fact is, though, that we only won two games all season and that our top runs scorer amassed 735 runs and our top wicket taker(s) had 21 wickets (the lowest in the history of Kent CCC is believe) to their name.  
  • Options
    Wow, if this match is an actual tie, Middlesex will get 8 points instead of 5, and finish one point ahead of Kent
  • Options
    19 needed by Notts. I haven't got any finger nails left!
  • Options
    Popped out for a bit, came back and saw the Notts collapse....

Just hoping that their tail-enders can grind it out - I'm cheering every run.

Come on you Notty boys!
  • Options
    How has it come to this? 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    What happens if there is a tie?

If the scores are equal in a drawn match (i.e. Notts aren't all out) then they will get 8 points and Middx will get 5 points so we stay up.  More likely, should Notts be all out with the scores level then both sides will get 8 points for a tie and Middx will finish above us. 

• Options
    I get on the tube at 5.30 !!
  • Options
    13 to win. 3 wickets in hand. 8 overs left.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SIX you beauty
  • Options
    Huge Notts six reduces the required runs to 6 from 7 overs.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    202-8

Hutton caught behind off Robson

5 runs. 2 wickets. 6.2 overs
  • Options
    Hutton gone. 5 runs still needed
  • Options
    202-8. Robson gets his 4th wicket...
  • Options
    5 runs for Notts win, 8 down
  • Options
    I wasn't expecting Jake Ball in his final game for Notts to have to bat, but he could be required to be the Kent hero
    PLEASE
  • Options
    I wasn't expecting Jake Ball in his final game for Notts to have to bat, but he could be required to be the Kent hero
    PLEASE
    He's been released by Notts but I hear Cook offered him a contract before he went out to bat providing he wins the game for us
  • Options
    this is gonna be a tie isn't it

• Options
    edited September 2023
    Montgomery not shielding the strike. Takes the single first ball of the over and leaves Ball to face Yadav.

4 runs / 2 wickets
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2023
    Really surprised Montgomery has taken a single of the first ball, to leave Ball to face 5 deliveries
  • Options
    PLEASE
    He's been released by Notts but I hear Cook offered him a contract before he went out to bat providing he wins the game for us
    Funnily, there is a rumour that he is joining Kent next season!
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Ball gets a single on the fifth ball.

3 to win.

Dot ball to finish the over. Ball will face the next over.
  • Options
    One big hit please.
  • Options
    Ball pats down a devilish full toss from Robson
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Maiden over but no wickets for Robson. Montgomery back on strike to face next over.

3 runs / 2 wickets / 4 overs
  • Options
    Big shadow over one end of the pitch. Surely the conditions are unplayable now...
  • Options
    2 to win. Ball facing
  • Options
    Montgomery takes the single immediately again. 2 runs to win, Ball on strike.
  • Options
    So, boys and girls, what do we say to Mr. Montgomery?