Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Register here for meeting of fans on December 12th

Comments

• Discussion of a statement to be raised at the Fans Forum by CAST
  • Discussion of possibility of fan ownership, and in relation to that the current financial position of the club. It's not happy reading...
  • Jon Whitfield talking about fan ownership. Like what he says - he gets my vote
  • I’ve actually no idea who Jon Whitfield is and what he does but he talks a lot of sense.
  • Well said @Redmidland agree with you 100%
  • Sponsored links:

• boggzy said:
    Now discussing Bovril and whether or not hot water in bogs should be discussed at Thursday's meeting.

(I'm not joking)
    Jon loves his bovril 🤣
  • edited December 2022
    boggzy said:
    Now discussing Bovril and whether or not hot water in bogs should be discussed at Thursday's meeting.

(I'm not joking)
    You should listen to what I was saying!!! I was saying DONT discuss silly stuff like that...put Sandgaard on the spot and talk about heavy stuff like What you gonna do...invest or sell! 
    Fuck me some people!
    You know food and drink etc is going to get discussed with all due respect. The trust won’t, the fans advisers won’t, but someone else will
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    boggzy said:

(I'm not joking)
    Jon loves his bovril 🤣
    I dunno, you raise the poor quality of a certain drink at one meeting, and you never get to live it down...
  • Well said @Redmidland agree with you 100%

Don’t encourage him ffs, he’ll be unbearable now.

• Jon Whitfield talking about fan ownership. Like what he says - he gets my vote
    I’m not fully sold on fan ownership for many different reasons, but thought Jon spoke and came across very well. 
    I can't see how a fan ownership can work, alongside the "Addicks Charter". 

The charter requires that the club and 'property' are owned together. That immediately means a fifty million quid cheque to Roland. I'm not going to be part of a group that donates that kind of money to him. 
  • boggzy said:

(I'm not joking)
    You should listen to what I was saying!!! I was saying DONT discuss silly stuff like that...put Sandgaard on the spot and talk about heavy stuff like What you gonna do...invest or sell! 
    Fuck me some people!
    I *was* listening to what you were saying, and I agreed with most of what you said. It was more that the other fella and you started having a conversation about Bovril.

After the breaking news from Lucy we all heard during the meeting (Sandgaard obviously hasn't a clue re a manager, that's if he has any intention of getting one), and the fact that league 2 now looks like a real possibility, excuse me if I get pissed off watching a load of people chuckling about Bovril ffs.

Aside from that, I thought the meeting was well chaired and organised, and it was really good to hear Lauren and Olly speak.

I don't think fan ownership is viable, especially not with Charlton fans, and I think TS will find the charter thing meaningless (that's if he turns up)

The main thing I took is that he needs to sell ASAP.

Agreed with Jon re protests too. If you want to protest, protest. I think getting to the bloke's ego could be the only way.

• Sponsored links:

• A very well organised meeting,  if only some of the speakers were running the club instead of our current owner. 
  • edited December 2022
    shirty5 said:
    boggzy said:

(I'm not joking)
    Fuck me some people!
    You know food and drink etc is going to get discussed with all due respect. The trust won’t, the fans advisers won’t, but someone else will
    Then they are fucking idiots!
  • A very well organised meeting,  if only some of the speakers were running the club instead of our current owner. 
    Do these people have the funds then?
  • I’ve actually no idea who Jon Whitfield is and what he does but he talks a lot of sense.
    All round good bloke
  • Good effort, well done cast and others involved - agree 100% with malc - this next one shouldn't be a business as usual forum, this is a nail him down to some answers meeting and if he cops the hump so be it - also agree with John - sick of bleating on and hoping for a good owner - lets start looking seriously into what numbers it would take for fan ownership - how many fans do we have who would be willing to stump up a £1m or more if this was done properly - i bet there would be quite a few - some recognition, some camaraderie and respect to be earned but without the responsibility and hassle of being the sole owner - i reckon some of our previous board members would get involved, bury the hatchet in some instances and come together with some new fans / money as well - people not sufficiently wealthy to carry the can on their own but enough to club together to help - then there's the next tier of contributors which would be much larger in number but obviously putting less in each and then those just putting something in, to be involved / a part of something. Airman's words didn't fill me with confidence that PV has anything concrete lined up - Plan B needs to be progressed !!      
  • Off_it said:
    A very well organised meeting,  if only some of the speakers were running the club instead of our current owner. 
    Of course not, I was commenting on their organisational skills, which our current owner lacks.
  • Off_it said:
    A very well organised meeting,  if only some of the speakers were running the club instead of our current owner. 
    Of course not, I was commenting on their organisational skills, which our current owner lacks.
    Apologies, I was just being facetious.

Alas, I suspect an organised person with the necessary cash is very unlikely to want to get involved in owning a football club. That's strictly the domain of the ego-maniacs and crooks, both with and without money!
  • shirty5 said:
    boggzy said:

(I'm not joking)
    Fuck me some people!
    Then they are fucking idiots!
    All will become apparent in the minutes