Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v France - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Roy Keane is always furious. About everything
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    England unchanged for tonight.

Right move for me, and and least people can’t accuse GS of being conservative now. 
  • Options
    I reckon the chances are 60/40 in France's favour & England's past tournament results don't fill me with confidence.
    But we have a good chance, so let's hope we go for it. 
  • Options

Right move for me, and and least people can’t excuse GS of being conservative now. 
    Yeah had we squeezed past Senegal then maybe three at the back would be better, as it is am glad that Gareth is going for it. 

We need to remember it isn't just down to the Manager either though, the players need to be brave and have belief in themselves... He can stand on the sidelines urging them to get the ball to Kane etc, but if they're scared of losing the ball, making a mistake, they're going to take the safe / boring option. 
  • Options
    Glad we haven't changed formation. 

We've looked good as a direct attacking team, would rather we didn't throw it all out because we're actually facing a challenge. 
  • Options
     FishCostaFortune said:

Right move for me, and and least people can’t accuse GS of being conservative now. 
    where are you seeing this? 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
  • Options
    Be delighted with the same team 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Feel we’ll just nick it 2-1 🤞
  • Options
    I think this could be the game of the tournament. If as reported Southgate is starting the same formation then we have a chance. Wouldnt surprise me at all if it end 3-2 or 4-3 to either side hopefully its us. If we score 1st Gareth please dont revert to type and try to defend the lead !
  • Options
    lovely memories of 1982 in Spain at the time of the Falklands war .. we played France in the first round against a cauldron of Spanish hate, boos, whistles, pro Argentina chanting .. we won 3-1 and pissed the Spanish (and the French)  right off .. titanic performance especially from  skipper Bryan Robson who scored a memorable goal .. a repeat today would be just perfect ..

1982 World Cup Finals Bilbao Spain 16th June 1982 England 3 v France 1
    The first world cup I remember with England playing in it. Couldn't believe it when we scored after fifteen seconds.   
    Recognise all except the player between Mariner and Shilton. Probably the left back?
  • Options
    lovely memories of 1982 in Spain at the time of the Falklands war .. we played France in the first round against a cauldron of Spanish hate, boos, whistles, pro Argentina chanting .. we won 3-1 and pissed the Spanish (and the French)  right off .. titanic performance especially from  skipper Bryan Robson who scored a memorable goal .. a repeat today would be just perfect ..

The first world cup I remember with England playing in it. Couldn't believe it when we scored after fifteen seconds.   
    you are sooooo young lol
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Lloris is overdue a howler...
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Lloris is overdue a howler...
    Maguire boots it from the half way line..
  • Options
    Which way?
  • Options

4 Puma Kings (my boot of choice when I was older and could buy my own)
    3 Adidas World Cups
    3 pairs of Patrick (that surprised me)
    and can’t quiet see what Bryan Robson wearing , looks like he’s got the shit ones from Woolworth’s that I was wearing at the time ffs 
  • Options
    1-1 in normal time. Who knows what happens after that?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iaitch said:

Recognise all except the player between Mariner and Shilton. Probably the left back?
    Phil Neal? 
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Without looking it up I am guessing Kenny Sansom?

• Options
    edited December 2022
    iaitch said:

Kenny Sansom?
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Without looking it up I am guessing Kenny Sansom?

Yep... 
  • Options
    Three Ipswich players in that line up, too... 
  • Options
    Puma Kings. Loved those boots. After having boots from lewisham market that i was forced to wear as my Nan got them for me, which made me play like a Charlton player, i got a pair of kings which made me play like a Stockport player. such a transformation. 
  • Options
    Peter Withe and Tony Woodcock the other two covered by advert
  • Options
    It’s gonna be a nervy start before it opens up,  win this and it’s coming home or we lose to Argies in the final 

we win if it goes to pens 
  • Options

my mistake, Mick Mills and not Bryan Robson was the skipper